Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how are the "other" rookies doing ?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

how are the "other" rookies doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    dereliction of duty is on Tomlin , should have been fired 2 years ago for retaining Canada yet here we are
    Correct. After Canada influenced the playbook in 2020 and ran more of his own in 2021 and then fully his own in 2022 and we’ve seen what we’ve seen, there’s no reason Canada should be employed here in 2023, at this point.

I get the thought process:

2020 - start influencing Ben/Fixhtner playbook.

2021 - you start to install the Matt Canada playbook but Ben is still keeping “his comfortable plays” (by Ben’s admission).

2022 - fully installed Matt Canada playbook.

So you’re going through the process and giving tour employee a fair chance. I got it. Go through the season and the playbook is worse than ever.

Okay…let’s give our guy a full off-season with a new QB, a second year guy and see how we do. Through 4 weeks…worse than 2022. So now what? This is where it goes off rails and Tomlin becomes 100% responsible for the teams failures by not addressing the situation firmly.

Hopefully you get one more week to show me something delicious or you’re gone Monday morning? Nah, nah…Canada will be here for the whole season…

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: how are the "other" rookies doing ?

Qustion is...How are those other rookies doing? I think there is a dedicated piss and moan about Canada/Tomlin etc thread somewhere. Probably seldom used and hidden down the pages I suspect.

I read somewhere, maybe a post on here, maybe another forum, maybe an article. Been a couple sleep cycles since then. I read a comparison of Sam Howell to Baker Mayfield and their 'Sophomore' seasons. That season for both because that was when they took over as the full time starter from game1. I think it is a fair comparison if only because they played with similar styles in college. Each will make 'heroic' plays that help their team's success, AND both make bone-head plays that result with team defeats.

Thoughts?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Sam Howell vs the Bears
    37 /51 comp % 72.6 yards 388 ypa7.6 Tds 2 int 1 Long 41 RTG 99.1

as a side note Steelers have only has ONE 300 yard offensive production as a team in Matt Canada's time here ....
    I like Howell. You and I talked before the draft. I thought Pickett was the best QB coming out with Howell as the #2. I would have been fine if they got Howell instead of Pickett a little later in the draft.

He is clearly in a better situation with a much better offensive system, but he is playing well with only a few issues. He takes too many sacks and has some ups and downs, but what rookie doesn't.

I hope he keeps balling out. I've always liked the kid and thought he could play.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

at this very moment .....

Sam Howell 10/11 83 1 vs one of the better defenses ( Eagles)

Kenny Pickett 1/5 8 0 vs one of the worst pass defenses (Jags )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

at this very moment .....

Sam Howell 10/11 83 1 vs one of the better defenses ( Eagles)

Kenny Pickett 1/5 8 0 vs one of the worst pass defenses (Jags )
    Does Sam Howell have DJ dropping perfectly good passes for a net of about 75 yards?

You’re not going to be right about Sam Howell so why do you consistently try to make it look like you are right. He s not good.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Does Sam Howell have DJ dropping perfectly good passes for a net of about 75 yards?
    apparently not since DJ is playing in Pittsburgh but quite frankly I am tired of excuses ....

Its DJ fault ...

its the lines fault....

its Canada's fault .....

who is throwing the damn ball ?? when is some of that that guys fault ?? ... I mean Canada gets no credit when he succeeds , DJ gets no credit when he succeeds , the line gets no credit when he succeeds but every time he frails its always someone else's fault ...I call bullshit

Clearly you’re not watching today’s game.

Clearly you’re not watching today’s game.

I watch EVERY game ............ Pickett now 53 yards passing 51 to DJ so now what ??? still DJ fault ?

I watch EVERY game ............ Pickett now 53 yards passing 51 to DJ so now what ??? still DJ fault ?
    You’re a liar. Otherwise you’d be smart enough to know the real story. You’re a hater and just want to try to be the smartest guy in the room…but you’re trying really hard with a guy that’s frankly not even playing that well.

You’re a liar. Otherwise you’d be smart enough to know the real story. You’re a hater and just want to try to be the smartest guy in the room…but you’re trying really hard with a guy that’s frankly not even playing that well.
    what am I lying about ?????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

who isnt playing well ?>???

You’re just a hater and either clueless or a liar. You pick…

Your QB analysis holds zero water until you can view Pickett with an unbiased opinion…which you cannot.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I stand by my statement last week. Dude would rather be right than KP succeed. Reminds me of self proclaimed genius on here. We know you wanna blow Howell. Go find Redskins site.

You’re just a hater and either clueless or a liar. You pick…

Your QB analysis holds zero water until you can view Pickett with an unbiased opinion…which you cannot.

talk about clueless you claim Howell isnt playing well when he is
    Sam Howell 24/26 226 2 0

But will blame anyone and everyone for poor play by kenny Stinkin Pickett.... but hey I am the liar and I am the clueless one .,... go fuck yourself

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Here’s a revolutionary thought: both aren’t very good.

We can play all kinds of funny games with the stat lines.

Using the bizarre practice of watching games, they both have issues. Swap teams and they’re the same stat line.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Will Levis star line might be even better! And he’s an actual rookie.

Clearly he’s the best.

talk about clueless you claim Howell isnt playing well when he is
    Sam Howell 24/26 226 2 0

But will blame anyone and everyone for poor play by kenny Stinkin Pickett.... but hey I am the liar and I am the clueless one .,... go fuck yourself
    Hater and a Liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Here’s a revolutionary thought: both aren’t very good.

We can play all kinds of funny games with the stat lines.

Using the bizarre practice of watching games, they both have issues. Swap teams and they’re the same stat line.
    That would be an unbiased opinion and probably a more accurate version.

Hater and a Liar.
    you are a fucking idiot ... those are the actual stats at the moment they was posted .... you are worse than a liar you're a liberal that wouldn't recognize a fact if it bit him in the ass

- - - Updated - - -

#FACTS

But any fact pertaining to Pickett is just an excuse. Hater and Liar or Clueless. You pick hater…

Actually not a liberal dummy. But there you go with trying to jam politics into everything.

Typical…what’s next? Covid have something to do with you?

But any fact pertaining to Pickett is just an excuse. Hater and Liar or Clueless. You pick hater…

Actually not a liberal dummy. But there you go with trying to jam politics into everything.

all you have is excuses and horseshit ... and when called out you start name calling ...

all you have is excuses and horseshit ... and when called out you start name calling ...
    Hey kettle, you’re black…

You’re a hater - FACT! You’ve never liked Pickett, you don’t want to like Pickett and you blatantly and openly root against Pickett. It’s FACT!

You’re a LIAR - FACT! You didn’t watch the early part of the game otherwise you wouldn’t make the comments you did unless you just want everyone to thjnk you have no idea what you are talking about…which we all know, you wouldn’t be able to handle. But if you did, then you’re CLUELESS - FACT!

Nothing there is name calling. It’s fact. So to use “your language” go fuck yourself and blow Sam Howell somewhere else. Willy wannabe.

Will Levis up to 3 TDs. Clearly the truth.

I also heard he’s in the ACLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Will Levis up to 3 TDs. Clearly the truth.

I also heard he’s in the ACLU.
    You have to do it like this or it’s not true…

for the Idiots reading .... this is called playing good football

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is anyone watching the Titans? Is Levis playing well or just throwing YOLO balls to Hopkins?

Sam Howell 39/52 397 4 1

Hey kettle, you’re black…

You’re a hater - FACT! You’ve never liked Pickett, you don’t want to like Pickett and you blatantly and openly root against Pickett. It’s FACT!

You’re a LIAR - FACT! You didn’t watch the early part of the game otherwise you wouldn’t make the comments you did unless you just want everyone to thjnk you have no idea what you are talking about…which we all know, you wouldn’t be able to handle. But if you did, then you’re CLUELESS - FACT!

Nothing there is name calling. It’s fact. So to use “your language” go fuck yourself and blow Sam Howell somewhere else. Willy wannabe.
    if brains were dynamite I fear you wouldn't have enough to blow your own nose .... fuck off you clueless and classless piece of shit ...

when this place sinks it will be because of people like you ... you started this bullshit because you can't take the truth , every time our offense sucks you want to blame Canada for it all and if Canada isnt blame enough you throw some at the Line and when that isnt enough you look for DJ or Claypool when he was here and you NEVER want to place any of the blame at the feet of the only one of those people who actually have control over where the ball ultimately goes as he can not possibly harbor any of the blame ...

what a horseshit mentality that is, you are a Kenny Pickett enabler ... you are as bad as Tomlin with this instead of Pickett, Tomlin does this with Canada same thing tho just different chosen people to defend

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Kenny Pickett “enabler” as a fan. lol , apparently we have power as fans to change lineups, just not coaches. KP is best QB on team. He may be part of problem but a first round bust RB, shitty line and terrible OC don’t make it any easier. Not to mention dropped balls and stupid penalties.