Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

  1. #61
    Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    10,728

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    24: R1 P24 QB Mac Jones - Alabama
    55: R2 P23 C Landon Dickerson - Alabama
    87: R3 P23 RB Michael Carter - North Carolina
    128: R4 P23 OT Walker Little - Stanford
    140: R4 P35 TE Tommy Tremble - Notre Dame
    216: R6 P32 EDGE Adetokunbo Ogundeji - Notre Dame
    245: R7 P17 WR Cornell Powell - Clemson
    254: R7 P26 WR Dax Milne - BYU
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself--and you are
    the easiest person to fool."

    --Richard Feynmann

  2. #62
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    39,232

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    24: R1 P24 QB Mac Jones - Alabama
    55: R2 P23 C Landon Dickerson - Alabama
    87: R3 P23 RB Michael Carter - North Carolina
    128: R4 P23 OT Walker Little - Stanford
    140: R4 P35 TE Tommy Tremble - Notre Dame
    216: R6 P32 EDGE Adetokunbo Ogundeji - Notre Dame
    245: R7 P17 WR Cornell Powell - Clemson
    254: R7 P26 WR Dax Milne - BYU
    Iíve been hearing a lot of news that Mac Jones could be the 49ers pick...


  3. #63
    Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Posts
    5,524

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’ve been hearing a lot of news that Mac Jones could be the 49ers pick...
    I keep hearing this too, but do you give up 3 1st round picks and a 3rd for Mac Jones. Maybe I under value Jones, but in my mind, you don't.

    AML

  4. #64
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    39,232

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I keep hearing this too, but do you give up 3 1st round picks and a 3rd for Mac Jones. Maybe I under value Jones, but in my mind, you don't.
    I would not and I donít think thereís much difference between Jones and Garrapolo. Maybe it works if they turn Garrapolo into those picks they lost but Whatís the likelihood that they get that in return for him?


  5. #65
    Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    2,241

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    24 - Teven Jenkins T
    55 - Javonte Williams HB
    87 - Jamin Davis LB
    128 - Tommy Tremble TE
    140 - Bobby Brown III DL
    216 - Michal Menet C
    245 - Tristen Hoge G
    254 - Deommodore Lenoir CB

  6. #66
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    12,636

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Iíve been hearing a lot of news that Mac Jones could be the 49ers pick...
    Yep ... kind of odd.

    What I find interesting is that Jones ran more RPO plays than Justin Fields... but, Fields is the "run-first" prospect. Likewise. Jones and Trey Lance started the same number of games... yet, Lance is "inexperienced".

  7. #67
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yep ... kind of odd.

    What I find interesting is that Jones ran more RPO plays than Justin Fields... but, Fields is the "run-first" prospect. Likewise. Jones and Trey Lance started the same number of games... yet, Lance is "inexperienced".
    RPO doesnt mean the QB is running the football, I think you probably know that? Fields isnt really run first prospect from what I hear and saw. Fields does a good job of sliding in the pocket, but will run the ball and they do have some designed run plays for his size and speed at Ohio State.

    Casserly did an informal poll of teams and 23 responded to him. Of those, 6 teams apparently had Mac Jones as the #3 QB on their board.

    Interesting question this am on NFL network was....does AJ McCarron have similar success in that Bama offense with the talent that Mac Jones had around him last year?? He probably does.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    1. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    2. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
    3. Cameron McGrone, ILB, Michigan
    4. James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati
    4. Daelin Hayes, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Kenny Yeboah, TE, Ole Miss
    7. Avery Williams, CB, Boise State
    7. Pressley Harvin, P, Georgia Tech


  9. #69

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    RD 1 Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma
    RD 2 Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa
    RD 3 Trey Sermon RB Ohio State
    Rd 4a Ambry Thomas CB Michigan
    RD 4b Daelin Hayes EDGE Notre Dame
    RD 6 Briley Moore TE Kansas State
    RD 7a Dez Fitzpatrick WR Louisville
    RD7b Christian Uphoff S Illinois State


    I gotta believe that the front office is more willing to draft a lineman on a 10 year investment...rather than a RB on a 4 year deal. A team will always...ALWAYS... have a better running game with a Great Line/Good RB, than they will have with a Average Line/Great RB.

    Teams aren't talking about the off the charts RAS of Humphrey and Brown....both are purposefully underrated right now.
    Brown has shown that he no only understands the game cerebrally....but he scored higher on the RAS than any of the 1,134 OT prospects since 1987.
    Humphrey has not allowed a sack in TWO freaking years!!!! The only knock on him was that some pundits said he wasn't athletic enough...but then he turned around and scored a perfect 10 on the RAS...doing some of the splits quicker than the RB's.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  10. #70
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    RD 1 Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma
    RD 2 Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa
    RD 3 Trey Sermon RB Ohio State
    Rd 4a Ambry Thomas CB Michigan
    RD 4b Daelin Hayes EDGE Notre Dame
    RD 6 Briley Moore TE Kansas State
    RD 7a Dez Fitzpatrick WR Louisville
    RD7b Christian Uphoff S Illinois State


    I gotta believe that the front office is more willing to draft a lineman on a 10 year investment...rather than a RB on a 4 year deal. You will always...ALWAYS... get a better running game with a Great Line/Average RB, than you will get with a Average Line/Great RB.

    Teams aren't talking about the off the charts RAS of Humphrey and Brown....both are purposefully underrated right now.
    Solid draft IMO with the first 5 picks. Something tells me that Brown wont last until the Steelers 3rd pick, so some will say its a reach, but I like him and think would be a great add. Hayes is a guy I have mentioned a few times as well and he could be great OLB depth and locker room guy.

    Briley Moore is a bit of an unknown. Better receiver than blocker and more of an H back size than TE frame. If a move TE is what they want, who knows. I still prefer Noah Gray or John Bates later, but they are more the Matt Spaeth, Jerame Tuman model of player.

  11. #71

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Solid draft IMO with the first 5 picks. Something tells me that Brown wont last until the Steelers 3rd pick, so some will say its a reach, but I like him and think would be a great add. Hayes is a guy I have mentioned a few times as well and he could be great OLB depth and locker room guy.

    Briley Moore is a bit of an unknown. Better receiver than blocker and more of an H back size than TE frame. If a move TE is what they want, who knows. I still prefer Noah Gray or John Bates later, but they are more the Matt Spaeth, Jerame Tuman model of player.
    I think Moore is a better blocker downfield...but still shows some effort as a run blocker. But you are right...I think he has added 10 pounds and is up to 250 right now...but could still add a bit of muscle to anchor down.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

    -- Jack Lambert --

  12. #72
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I think Moore is a better blocker downfield...but still shows some effort as a run blocker. But you are right...I think he has added 10 pounds and is up to 250 right now...but could still add a bit of muscle to anchor down.
    Yeah, Moore is an former WR turned TE, while Bates is a former Basketball and Track athlete in Highschool that turned TE.

    Moore fits that "move TE" profile and needs to add size to be a better blocker, while Bates I think is a solid blocker that doesnt have speed to stretch the field down the seams, but has that basketball quickness and hands to get in and out of breaks and get open. I still hope to see D line addressed in this draft, but we will see later this week. Cheers.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Final Mock.


    1. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    2. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
    3. Robert Hainsey, C, Notre Dame
    4. James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati
    4. Daelin Hayes, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State
    7. Avery Williams, CB, Boise State
    7. Pressley Harvin iii, P, Georgia Tech


    UDFA signings.
    Justin Hilliad, ILB, Ohio State
    Ben Skowronek, WR, Notre Dame
    Eli Howard, DT, Texas Tech
    Paris Ford, S, Pittsburgh
    Forrest Merrill, NT, Arkansas State
    William Bradley-King, OLB, Baylor
    Brandon Kennedy, C, Tennessee

    Some of my late night draft thoughts.
    1: I think Najee and Etienne are very close on the draft board for the Steelers, likely 1A/1B. Najee likely has the edge with his Le'Veon like abilities but ETN is a flat out home run threat. Colbert has used the word "dynamic". Najee can fit that description but a game breaker like ETN brings another element to the backfield they have not had since Willie Parker. Canada I expect will have an opinion on this.
    2: Good chance Landon Dickerson is the pick in round 2 if available, of course depending on the medicals. If not, Robert Hainsey is a interesting prospect. Played right tackle at Notre Dame but will need to kick inside for the NFL. During the Senior Bowl Hainsey played at guard and center and looked like a natural, speaks on his football IQ. Pittsburgh native, spoke with Colbert at his pro day/OL coach Klemm also present, he could be the center target.
    3. Tomlin and Colbert were at Georgia and FSU pro days. interesting corner prospects at both schools, I think they take one before day 3.
    4. I won't be surprise if the Steelers trade for another pick via a future draft pick, maybe in round 4. Could target a tight end like Tremble, a receiver like Anthony Schwartz, or a ILB like Dylan Moses or Derrick Barnes.
    5. Deep tackle class, I think they wait until round 3, likely round 4 to draft one. They drafted Okorafor to be the potential future left tackle once AV aged, well the time has come for the 23 year old tackle. Banner is likely to be just a "stop-gap" at right tackle until the rookie is ready.
    6. I sure wish the edge class was better, though I'm a big fan of Azeez Ojulari from Georgia. Ojulari may be a unlikely but possible dark horse defensive pick in round 1 if available. Fits the mold of a Steelers edge rusher. Watt and Ojulari rushing QB's... *chef's kiss*

  14. #74
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Final Mock.


    1. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    2. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
    3. Robert Hainsey, C, Notre Dame
    4. James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati
    4. Daelin Hayes, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State
    7. Avery Williams, CB, Boise State
    7. Pressley Harvin iii, P, Georgia Tech


    *
    I like 5 of the first 6 guys on this list. Would still be a good draft IMO if this happened.

    James Hudson to me is a bit of a gamble that I dont know the Steelers can afford to miss on an OT at this point, with so few under contract for only the next year or 2. Hudson was a D lineman in high school that was redshirted and converted to RT at Michigan and eventually transferred to Cincinnati where he only played the 1 season at RT. Also reportedly suffered some time with depression, leading up to his transfer. Good athlete, but not really experienced OT who could turn out to be a long time RT, or wash out in 3 years.

    I would rather have Jackson Carman-Clemson or Adrian Ealy-Oklahoma, if drafting a RT that late.

    Hainsey I really like. He was the 3rd most talked about ND O lineman behind Eichenberg and Aaron Banks, but at the Senior Bowl all he did was come in and impress with his play and compete level at both G and C.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •