Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 51 of 51

Thread: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees


  2. #32
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    John Bates TE from Boisie State is 6'5-5/8", 259lbs and a former highschool basketball and track athlete, who is showing up as one of the best blocking TE of the week, who catches the ball well. Just not showing quickness of a "move TE"

    Tre McKitty TE from Georgia (transfer from Fla St) had 11" hands. The largest of any of the TE's by far. Would be another good add to the Steelers TE group.


  3. #33
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    6,227

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    11” ??? Wow. Catchers mitt.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 01-29-2021 at 05:09 AM.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees


  6. #36
    Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    2,241

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Toney may move like the wind, but that drop... blows.

  7. #37
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    So there’s a chance that Mac Jones won’t play after rolling his ankle. Depends on what it’s like tomorrow morning...


  8. #38
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    8,356

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    How big of an issue is Trey Smith's clotting issues moving forward? Seems he missed a season getting it under control and currently takes meds for it, but reports from UT fans I know he never practices during the week. He only suits up for game day because of his condition.

    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-indefinitely

    https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...gs/3339243001/

    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...diagnosis-like

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    6,227

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So there’s a chance that Mac Jones won’t play after rolling his ankle. Depends on what it’s like tomorrow morning...
    After a great week of practice there’s nothing to gain by risking it.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    How big of an issue is Trey Smith's clotting issues moving forward? Seems he missed a season getting it under control and currently takes meds for it, but reports from UT fans I know he never practices during the week. He only suits up for game day because of his condition.

    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-indefinitely

    https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...gs/3339243001/

    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...diagnosis-like
    Sad to see that, but I doubt he plays professionally.

    Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) can lead to clots in the lungs(which he has had), pulmonary embolism, which can result in sudden death. Taking anticoagulants that prevent that clotting can lead to bleeding and bruising not only on areas of impact, but in the brain and result in intracranial hemorrhage.

    Traditional anticoagulants like warfarin, require daily testing, but bleeding events can be fairly quickly reversed with vitamin K, but the newer anticoagulants, which are frequently advertised on TV such as Rivaroxiban, Epixaban, Dabigitran cannot be reversed with vitamin K, so a major bleeding complications cannot be reversed as quickly. The patient just has to stop the drug and allow it to be removed naturally from the body.

    IMO, the risk of playing a contact sport, with a medical history of irregular clotting issues is just too dangerous for the individual and risky for the employer.

    If anybody cares to know more. They can always read the guidelines from the ACCP here https://journal.chestnet.org/article...335-9/fulltext , as I am just a guy on a message board.

  11. #41
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Sad to see that, but I doubt he plays professionally.

    Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) can lead to clots in the lungs(which he has had), pulmonary embolism, which can result in sudden death. Taking anticoagulants that prevent that clotting can lead to bleeding and bruising not only on areas of impact, but in the brain and result in intracranial hemorrhage.

    Traditional anticoagulants like warfarin, require daily testing, but bleeding events can be fairly quickly reversed with vitamin K, but the newer anticoagulants, which are frequently advertised on TV such as Rivaroxiban, Epixaban, Dabigitran cannot be reversed with vitamin K, so a major bleeding complications cannot be reversed as quickly. The patient just has to stop the drug and allow it to be removed naturally from the body.

    IMO, the risk of playing a contact sport, with a medical history of irregular clotting issues is just too dangerous for the individual and risky for the employer.

    If anybody cares to know more. They can always read the guidelines from the ACCP here https://journal.chestnet.org/article...335-9/fulltext , as I am just a guy on a message board.



    It is a crushing blow to these players with physical conditions that take away a lifetime of dreams. So sad.

    Journey Brown, RB Penn State had to step away from the game because he was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy discovered during a COVID-19 test in September.

    I believe he was a stud that was going to make a lot of money in the NFL and be a great player. I feel so bad for the kid. Absolutely a great kid by all accounts.

    https://www.si.com/college/pennstate...-journey-brown

    I wish all these kids the best, and pray they have long, healthy lives.

  12. #42
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    8,356

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    How did Eichenberg fare Senior Bowl week?

  13. #43
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    How did Eichenberg fare Senior Bowl week?
    A seventh former Notre Dame player, left tackle Liam Eichenberg, previously accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl, but he’s no longer on the roster. Text messages from the Tribune to Eichenberg this week have gone unanswered.
    https://www.ndinsider.com/football/s...ad25a78c9.html

  14. #44
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    8,356

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    A seventh former Notre Dame player, left tackle Liam Eichenberg, previously accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl, but he’s no longer on the roster. Text messages from the Tribune to Eichenberg this week have gone unanswered.
    https://www.ndinsider.com/football/s...ad25a78c9.html
    He has 1600 college snaps so maybe he just went there for the interviews and physicals?

  15. #45
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Notre Dame G Aaron Banks had an up and down week in 1 on 1 drills, but stood out in team drills and game. Big mauler with good feet to get to 2nd level. Still think the Steelers need depth at OT and C

  16. #46
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Robert Hainsey had a good week too. Played all 3 positions, but at 6'4", 302 and 32" arms he is an interior lineman. Talk is maybe a round 4 -5 guy and he had a good week.


  17. #47
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Dillon Radunz from North Dakota took a bit to adjust to the level of competition, but showed rather well at the Senior bowl as the week went on. 6'6" 304lbs is a large figure in pass protection.


  18. #48
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa. 6'9" 321 Lbs. Converted TE played RT at UNI and showed some nasty run blocking and solid pass protection at the Senior Bowl. Might be a day 2 pick and draws some comparison to Lane Johnson.



    Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama- showed some struggles in pass protection with speed rushers. Might be a RT or better off moving to Guard.


  19. #49
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    8,356

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    4 prospects from this invite list are now Steelers.

  20. #50
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Never thought I would see John Bates go in the 4th and Yeboah go undrafted. SMH Has to be something on the character or interview side of things.

    Trey Smith lasting until the 6th I can see with his blood clot issue and all.

  21. #51
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Never thought I would see John Bates go in the 4th and Yeboah go undrafted. SMH Has to be something on the character or interview side of things.

    Trey Smith lasting until the 6th I can see with his blood clot issue and all.


    Yeboah was a real headscratcher. It had to be something like that.

    Bates was a real impressive prospect. He was relatively unknown at the beginning of the process, but he is really impressive. You could see the upside. Good speed and size, while also a physical blocker. I'm sure he opened the eyes a lot of scouts.

    Trey Smith is a sad situation. He's a real mauler, but with the health concerns he lost a lot of money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •