Thread: Playoff Scenarios vs. KC for Home Field Advantage

Playoff Scenarios vs. KC for Home Field Advantage

So, I was playing around with the ESPN NFL playoff machine, and noticed something. We actually have a one-game cushion against KC outside of the Bills game. So, if we beat the Bills, then we can lose one game and still get homefield advantage.

I also noticed that if the Ravens go on a tear and win out (which is possible as they are playing all lower-caliber teams from this point out except for Cleveland, and they have to beat Covid as well), and the Browns win three of their last five (which is also very possible as the three teams they play other that the Ravens and us are low-caliber teams), then three of the four AFCN teams would be in the playoffs.

While I despise the Browns and the Ravens, I love seeing multiple AFCN teams in the playoffs because it reinforces just how tough this division is.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Playoff Scenarios vs. KC for Home Field Advantage

Go 16-0, here's the chance to make history

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

With only the #1 getting the bye , that should be the goal . Win out it's all in thier hands. WTFs will be a tougher game than expected several weeks ago. Bills and Browns are no gimmes. Tough road ahead

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I love seeing multiple AFCN teams in the playoffs because it reinforces just how tough this division is.
    This year each of the Ravens, Steelers and Browns get to play the NFC East and 2 x vs the Bengals. So that is like spotting them 6 wins for the season.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think at some point the Covid bug will strike the Chiefs. They'll go into a game short-handed, maybe without Mahomes. If not in the regular season, possibly at the worst time -- the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Most teams will sit players in week 17 to create their own bye. And home field means much less with empty stadiums.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    So, I was playing around with the ESPN NFL playoff machine, and noticed something. We actually have a one-game cushion against KC outside of the Bills game. So, if we beat the Bills, then we can lose one game and still get homefield advantage.

I also noticed that if the Ravens go on a tear and win out (which is possible as they are playing all lower-caliber teams from this point out except for Cleveland, and they have to beat Covid as well), and the Browns win three of their last five (which is also very possible as the three teams they play other that the Ravens and us are low-caliber teams), then three of the four AFCN teams would be in the playoffs.

While I despise the Browns and the Ravens, I love seeing multiple AFCN teams in the playoffs because it reinforces just how tough this division is.
    The Bills are a bit Jeckyl and Hyde. That game and the Colts game are the 2 that worry me the most. I don't see the Browns as a gimme game either but as with the Football Team, get a lead and make them have to throw and we should be fine. The Bengals are the game we 'should' be able to rest some guys a bit and still roll through. I never see a team going 16-0 but it sure is fun seeing how far this team can go before that first loss. Just go 1-0 each week and we got it. Easy peasy.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    This year each of the Ravens, Steelers and Browns get to play the NFC East and 2 x vs the Bengals. So that is like spotting them 6 wins for the season.
    Now we know how the Pats felt for the last 20 years, 6 wins spotted every season due to the rest of the AFCE sucking so bad that entire time.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think at some point the Covid bug will strike the Chiefs. They'll go into a game short-handed, maybe without Mahomes. If not in the regular season, possibly at the worst time -- the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Most teams will sit players in week 17 to create their own bye. And home field means much less with empty stadiums.
    The Steelers should be sending Mahomes and Tyrek Hill used Ravens towels!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Now we know how the Pats felt for the last 20 years, 6 wins spotted every season due to the rest of the AFCE sucking so bad that entire time.
    So true. Imagine a decade of getting spotted 6 wins like this?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Because of no friends, home-field-advantage isn’t as powerful as it has been in years past. That said, not traveling is nice.

Regardless, not playing in the first round is a “free win”. I’ll take that any day of the week.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Because of no friends, home-field-advantage isn’t as powerful as it has been in years past. That said, not traveling is nice.

Regardless, not playing in the first round is a “free win”. I’ll take that any day of the week.
    Yes please. I still think the Steelers have at least 2 losses coming to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I don't think anyone picked 14-2 in the preseason prediction threads. But I think everyone of us would have signed up for that immediately.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't think anyone picked 14-2 in the preseason prediction threads. But I think everyone of us would have signed up for that immediately.
    Definitely!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think the Chiefs have another loss too. I’m predicting against the Chargers.

Let’s hope so!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I hope they lost to the Chargers and Saints.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We goin' 16-0, then 19-0