Thread: Samuels

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Samuels

They need to use him more the Conner and not for the fact that Conner fumble. I personally think he is the all round better back anyways. Point why they need to use him, is with a non existent running game at least he would help out Rudolph a lot for dump offs when nobody else is open down field.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Samuels

I think he's the better guy for what the offense is trying to do. He's a pass catching back, and we're a passing offense

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He isn't though because Fichtner

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So less than a year ago, losing Bell was no big deal because not only RBs easy to replace, but Conner was just as good if not better. That was apparently both rushing and catching the ball. Now it is time to bench him for Samuels?

Seems kinda reactionary.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

RBs are a dime a dozen. No need to commit long-term to anybody if they aren't getting the job done. And Bell is presently sucking in NY.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So less than a year ago, losing Bell was no big deal because not only RBs easy to replace, but Conner was just as good if not better. That was apparently both rushing and catching the ball. Now it is time to bench him for Samuels?

Seems kinda reactionary.
    Obviously, some of the reactions of last year on this message board were a bit reactionary.

Rushing stats were almost the same between 2018 and 2017, therefor Conner is just as good as Bell.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I think he's the better guy for what the offense is trying to do. He's a pass catching back, and we're a passing offense
    Yep This!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

No don't bench Conner.

But Get Samuels more touches. Zero touches is ridiculous. Even just 4-5 to see what he can do.

89 touches. 5.5 yds/touch = 17 games

4.6 rush ypc

3 receiving TDs

Wouldn't hurt to get him the ball especially if Vance will be out and Grimble sucks.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Seems kinda reactionary.
    From bitter to reactionary...lol. I’d trade Conner and his current 3.3 YPC to the Jets for Bell...and his 4.0 YPC from 2017 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Seems kinda reactionary.
    Reactionary......seriously?

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Not using Samuels yesterday was just plain stupid and i'd like to hear the stupid ass coaching decision on why they didn't and used snell instead. Samuels is clearly the better back.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Reactionary......seriously?
    There was no way I was trolling the entire thread....nope...not me....I would never do something like that to simply amuse myself at work. Heavens!

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Samules is a weapon, use him. Fitchtner's play calling was pretty poor. I was disappointed. If Ben's in there, okay go 4 or 5 wide. If Ruldoph in in there, you have to call a game to what he does best. It took a half of football to figure that out.
    Fic