Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haason Reddick available

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Haason Reddick available

I would love for the Steelers to trade for him. Was dominant at the senior bowl two years ago. Mayock was also a big fan. Explosive thelete, who can play inside and out.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Haason Reddick available

For anything below a 2nd round pick, I'm struggling to come up with a downside.

Some reports I just read indicate that Reddick may be dumb and struggles with the playbook. He'll fit right in!

In all seriousness, I would trade for them both.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I would love to see them make an attempt at Reddick , he is the closest thing we could hope to get in a Shazier replacement .... he can turn and run has great hips and good speed ....

why he is ( or may be ) on the market I honestly couldn't tell you ... asking price is sure to be high ...how high could be what determine if we even entertain the thoughts .

I personally ( if his health checks out ) would not be opposed at going as high as a 2nd round pick

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I like Reddick coming out of the draft last year but him being on the block after being a first round pick should be concerning? doubt he's moved.

Bucannon would be a real solid addition. He would bring coverage skills to the ILB position being a former safety.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

I’m giving a second all day for Reddick. He is the explosive athlete the defense is missing.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

If they were to acquire Reddick, they would suddenly get much more athletic at both ILB positions, and it would give them a lot of versatility as both positions would have players that are able to fly to the ball or to cover. Even if they keep Vince Williams and Bostic as starters, they would then either be able to play small behind the front 7 on early downs, and allow Reddick, Fort, and Thomas to all get snaps in obvious passing downs while keeping them fresh.....or they start Reddick, and keep him on the field as a 3-down player and simply work in the other guys to give him a break.

It would also mean one of the current ILB's are released. Who would go? Would they actually cut Matakevich? Fort? Thomas?

This would be a very interesting move. Imagine if the light goes on for Thomas, and Reddick and Thomas take over both ILB spots. Imagine the leap in athleticism!

You guys have me thinking about personnel groups!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    If they were to acquire Reddick, they would suddenly get much more athletic at both ILB positions, and it would give them a lot of versatility as both positions would have players that are able to fly to the ball or to cover. Even if they keep Vince Williams and Bostic as starters, they would then either be able to play small behind the front 7 on early downs, and allow Reddick, Fort, and Thomas to all get snaps in obvious passing downs while keeping them fresh.....or they start Reddick, and keep him on the field as a 3-down player and simply work in the other guys to give him a break.

It would also mean one of the current ILB's are released. Who would go? Would they actually cut Matakevich? Fort? Thomas?

This would be a very interesting move. Imagine if the light goes on for Thomas, and Reddick and Thomas take over both ILB spots. Imagine the leap in athleticism!

for me in this scenario so long Dirty Red and wash my hands clean

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Reddick lost his job to Gerald Hodges.

Giving up a 2nd round pick is way too high.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

FWIW.

During the 2017 pre draft visits, the Steelers did not meet with Haason Reddick, but they did in fact have a visit with Deone Bucannon in 2014.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

Sorry, meant to say they could play small behind the DL....not the front 7. They already play small behind them!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I like Reddick coming out of the draft last year but him being on the block after being a first round pick should be concerning? doubt he's moved.

Bucannon would be a real solid addition. He would bring coverage skills to the ILB position being a former safety.
    To be fair, by the same logic Bucannon as another former 1st round pick that is being moved should be concerning as well...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Reddick lost his job to Gerald Hodges.

Giving up a 2nd round pick is way too high.
    I agree, there must be some red flags, or they otherwise are just testing the waters and not ready to give up on him just yet.

Buchanon I liked coming out of college, but he is more of a safety or Dime LB IMO. Isnt he really just a slightly bigger version of Edmunds that plays more physical, but not as good in coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree, there must be some red flags, or they otherwise are just testing the waters and not ready to give up on him just yet.

Buchanon I liked coming out of college, but he is more of a safety or Dime LB IMO. Isnt he really just a slightly bigger version of Edmunds that plays more physical, but not as good in coverage?
    Yes Deone is a dimebacker. Don't think he has played safety since his rookie year.

I like him as a 3rd down player who can defend the middle of the field against TE's or chasing down RB's out of the backfield. He has dealt with some injuries though, so there is come concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    To be fair, by the same logic Bucannon as another former 1st round pick that is being moved should be concerning as well...
    Yes but doubt he'll cost as much in trade value since Deone is a FA after the season. If they can get Reddick for cheap they should go for it. Otherwise, big no for me.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Couldn't do anything but help.

The way I look at it, we'll spend at least a second-round pick on the same position this off-season anyway and give him a year or two to possibly develop, or else be resigned to sucking for another year. Neither of those are very attractive options. If you can get an NFL player in exchange for a draft pick, you should do it.

Besides, on dysfunctional teams like PHX, who knows whether the "issues" are the player's fault or the team's.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Couldn’t be worse than spending a one on Dupree!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior year, led the nation in tackles for loss. Former CB, guessing cover skills are above average for LB. Dominated senior bowl week. SPARQ score also through the roof. Someone will make move on him, why not the Steelers.

Ū Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Couldn’t be worse than spending a one on Dupree!
    This

- - - Updated - - -

Give the Cards Dupree and a 3rd or 4th rounder.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Three-way trade:

Iggles get: Le’Veon Bell
    Steelers get: Haason Reddick
    Cards get: R2 pick (from Iggles)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Three-way trade:

Iggles get: Le’Veon Bell
    Steelers get: Haason Reddick
    Cards get: R2 pick (from Iggles)

you can say that again ...

oh wait

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Reddick went in the first half of that draft's 1st round didn't he? At least check the price tag but I doubt he'll be affordable unless he's damaged goods.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

you can say that again ...

oh wait
    Perfectly played.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Reddick went in the first half of that draft's 1st round didn't he? At least check the price tag but I doubt he'll be affordable unless he's damaged goods.
    In my scenario, we’d essentially be swapping Bell’s contract for Reddick’s.

In my scenario, we’d essentially be swapping Bell’s contract for Reddick’s.
    and gain a couple years of a rookie deal in the process which is kind of a big deal

and gain a couple years of a rookie deal in the process which is kind of a big deal
    #RonBurgandy

Reddick is still getting viewed as a 1st round player while not playing to that level.

The guy was benched. He is still a project.

Reddick is still getting viewed as a 1st round player while not playing to that level.

The guy was benched. He is still a project.
    True.

He has has more potential than Big Red. He plays a position of need. And, it gets rid of Bell... because, my gut tells me that Bell will come back, get paid $8 million, and then get sent home (wasted money).

True.

He has has more potential than Big Red. He plays a position of need. And, it gets rid of Bell... because, my gut tells me that Bell will come back, get paid $8 million, and then get sent home (wasted money).
    Looking up some players that were highly drafted and traded in their 2nd season and seeing the return to get an idea of Reddick's worth.

Eric Rowe(CB): drafted 46th overall by Philly in 2015, was traded to the Patriots for a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2018
    Reggie Ragland(ILB): drafted 41st overall by Buffalo in 2016, was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a fourth round draft pick in the 2019 NFL Draft

Reddick may have been drafted higher than those two but Reddick was overdrafted being picked 13th overall.

Or the Cardinals may not know how to use him? Bucannon has had success with the Cardinals in the past and now with a new coaching staff he can’t see the field. Reddick was dominate his last year in college, he was dominate at the collegiate all star game, and he dominated the combine. Teams will be interested