Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Simplest explanation is he is a LT. He played LT throughout his college career. Rarely do OTs have success switching sides from college to NFL. Maybe Gray is the exception?
    Offensive linemen switch positions and sides all the time. Mostly due to limitations of their size, athleticism that translate differently from college to pro speed of the game, but some due to flexibility. Derwin Gray IMO, doesn't have the quickness to play LT consistently vs elite pass rushers in the NFL...he may be better at RT or Guard, but the Steelers list him as a OT.

-Marcus Gilbert played both guard spots at Florida as a sophomore, then RT as a Junior and LT his final year.
    -Marvel Smith played LT at Arizona, then RT at the Steelers for a couple seasons and moved to LT when Wayne Gandy moved on
    -Cameron Erving played mostly LT at Fla State, including first 9 games of his senior year before moving to center and drafted in round 1
    -Trent Williams played RT in Oklahoma because Phil Loadholt was playing LT
    -Max Starks played RT, RG and LT at Univ of Florida and both tackle spots in the NFL

IMO, Chukks is the hopeful LT of the future due to his athleticism and size. Banner had decent feet for such a large guy and could show well enough to have the Steelers extend him a contract to play RT. Gray has long enough arms and decent enough feet to match the pass protection efficiency of Banner at RT, or just be a reserve swing OT. I really doubt anybody would project him to start at LT. Dotson is on a cheap contract, so he should look to compete for LG spot in 2021 and Feiler is a cap casualty.

This Steeler O line group has lots of talent. Much more than compared to the 2007-ish era teams.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Offensive linemen switch positions and sides all the time. Mostly due to limitations of their size, athleticism that translate differently from college to pro speed of the game, but some due to flexibility. Derwin Gray IMO, doesn't have the quickness to play LT consistently vs elite pass rushers in the NFL...he may be better at RT or Guard, but the Steelers list him as a OT.

-Marcus Gilbert played both guard spots at Florida as a sophomore, then RT as a Junior and LT his final year.
    -Marvel Smith played LT at Arizona, then RT at the Steelers for a couple seasons and moved to LT when Wayne Gandy moved on
    -Cameron Erving played mostly LT at Fla State, including first 9 games of his senior year before moving to center and drafted in round 1
    -Trent Williams played RT in Oklahoma because Phil Loadholt was playing LT
    -Max Starks played RT, RG and LT at Univ of Florida and both tackle spots in the NFL

IMO, Chukks is the hopeful LT of the future due to his athleticism and size. Banner had decent feet for such a large guy and could show well enough to have the Steelers extend him a contract to play RT. Gray has long enough arms and decent enough feet to match the pass protection efficiency of Banner at RT, or just be a reserve swing OT. I really doubt anybody would project him to start at LT. Dotson is on a cheap contract, so he should look to compete for LG spot in 2021 and Feiler is a cap casualty.

This Steeler O line group has lots of talent. Much more than compared to the 2007-ish era teams.
    I think Chuks is the better LT also. There are always exceptions but by large OTs do not switch sides from college to the NFL. Not successfully anyway. One that I am anxious to watch this season is the Browns. They signed Conklin(3yr/$42M) to play RT in FA, and THEN drafted Wills in the 1st to supposedly play LT. Jedrick Wills is a RT. I'm interested to see how that works out. I would not even care really if not for a conversation I listened to recently on this very subject. OL that can play up and down the line are important guys to have, true. But for the sake of this conversation only, Gray is a LT until otherwise proven.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    So now.....with all the beavers, you are trying to make this a real thread......WHY?
    you make a great point...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I think Chuks is the better LT also. There are always exceptions but by large OTs do not switch sides from college to the NFL. Not successfully anyway. One that I am anxious to watch this season is the Browns. They signed Conklin(3yr/$42M) to play RT in FA, and THEN drafted Wills in the 1st to supposedly play LT. Jedrick Wills is a RT. I'm interested to see how that works out. I would not even care really if not for a conversation I listened to recently on this very subject. OL that can play up and down the line are important guys to have, true. But for the sake of this conversation only, Gray is a LT until otherwise proven.
    Gray played primarily Guard in the Steelers 4 preseason games last year. He didn't take any snaps in preseason at LT, where A.V., Okorafor, Banner was the preseason depth and Damian Prince served as the 3rd string LT one game. I'd say for the sake of conversation Gray is a backup Guard until proven otherwise, but not a LT.

Wills blocked the blindside (RT) for a Left Handed QB (Tua). He appears to have the tools to play LT in the NFL and early reports in the media from the Browns Head Coach and also the O line coach, is that he is making the transition well.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Suddenly the OL is a major concern, and that is the Steelers fault.
    Six Rings, can you please start another one of your brilliant threads soon?

I have lots of new beaver memes to share...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I am less concerned about the OL than with what happens on defense. Figure it will last as currently constructed for about 1-2 years max before we have to worry about:

- Haden deteriorating
    - Heyward getting too old
    - Tuitt breaking down

If we are left with no starting DL talent and a hole in the secondary, that's a real problem. We might get lucky on one or more of the above, but who knows, we are just as likely to be unlucky with something else. (Fitzpatrick injury, Nelson leaves, Watt contract dispute, etc.) On balance, I think that's something we need to get ready for in a hurry, especially the DL. I wish we could've done something about that this off-season, but options were limited. Losing Hargrave could hurt a lot more than it seems.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Six Rings, can you please start another one of your brilliant threads soon?

I have lots of new beaver memes to share...
    I must be very popular here, judging by the replies of my thread. Just tell me how well be okay at OL if we lose Big Al as projected and fail to replace Pouncey, who played poorly last season to those who watched. The last time I checked Hawaii had better beavers to show. Getting up at 9:00AM to watch a football game or being at work for Monday night or Thursday night...man's that's tough.

Look I played and coached dude. Doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone here, but you just might want to listen a little. 12-4, we are not and this team has major problems on the horizon....

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I am less concerned about the OL than with what happens on defense. Figure it will last as currently constructed for about 1-2 years max before we have to worry about:

- Haden deteriorating
    - Heyward getting too old
    - Tuitt breaking down

If we are left with no starting DL talent and a hole in the secondary, that's a real problem. We might get lucky on one or more of the above, but who knows, we are just as likely to be unlucky with something else. (Fitzpatrick injury, Nelson leaves, Watt contract dispute, etc.) On balance, I think that's something we need to get ready for in a hurry, especially the DL. I wish we could've done something about that this off-season, but options were limited. Losing Hargrave could hurt a lot more than it seems.

That's a 4 star beaver type of point. Haden has about 1-2 season of high level play. Heyward is a special. He's a top leader and player. I think he has 3-4 more good years left. Tuitt? When healthy... We have no really NT / Run Stuffer in the middle. Losing Hargrave will hurt.

Starting SB Needed. Unless you like Duck or Rudolph.
    Major problems on the OL
    An aging DL
    #1 Corner needs to be replaced.
    Ju-ju won't be here, and frankly if offered enough the Steelers should have traded him.
    Don't ask me who's running the ball. No clue. It won't be Conner.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I must be very popular here, judging by the replies of my thread.
    Yeah, "popular" in the point-and-laugh kinda way...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yeah, "popular" in the point-and-laugh kinda way...
    He is also a laughingstock

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    He is also a laughingstock
    Tell you what. Save this thread and if you have the stones, re-post it in 2021. Well see who's laughing.

Tell you what. Save this thread and if you have the stones, re-post it in 2021. Well see who's laughing.
    Don't need to wait until 2021,just read the post 25 and 33 of this thread….

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Don't need to wait until 2021,just read the post 25 and 33 of this thread….

LOL, I don't see much football dicussion here. Just sophmoric insults. The next season will give plenty of material if I choose to be a troll idiots, which is not what I want. So keep posting, I'll might just use what you say and laugh in your face then things go the other way? Deal? Maybe I'll find one board for football conversation and use this board for comedy.

LOL, I don't see much football dicussion here. Just sophmoric insults. The next season will give plenty of material if I choose to be a troll idiots, which is not what I want. So keep posting, I'll might just use what you say and laugh in your face then things go the other way? Deal? Maybe I'll find one board for football conversation and use this board for comedy.
    read post 30 too.

Read this please six ring

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    You don't have to archive anything moron. The message board will still be here and still have every thread that happens in that time.

We're all shaking in our boots with your threats to "archive some threads".

Maybe I should put together a package of your most idiotic posts that can be gathered from your embarrassingly moronic catalog of Six Rings favorites. I'm not sure the message board has a capacity for that much raw sewage in one post, so that could be an issue. The administrator may need to be contacted to see if it is even possible.

We have the last 50 years of the franchise to show that they do it as good or better than anyone ever has. Suck on that.

We've already been going over all your crappy threads with wrong information. Or seeing you cut/paste from elsewhere and claim it as your own. You did it in your first post of this thread. Fourth paragraph, last two sentences. You can see the different font and size. It came from somewhere else, yet you claim it as your own when you didn't type it up from your own brain with your own thoughts.

But don't worry, we are all keeping track of all your dumbass claims, theories, accusations, misinformation, and mountains of threads started by you do disparage the Steelers ownership, organization, head coach, and anything else Steelers related that chaffs your ass. You've already been identified as a clown because nobody can have a discussion with you. You say something, then people show you with facts that what you are claiming is incorrect....and you just pretend that evidence to show that you are wrong doesn't exist.

You also refuse to even address posts that give real answers to your questions. You ignore all the comments that refute what you say, and move on to other commentary while declaring victory in the argument. Everyone is saying you are wrong. The facts and the links to those facts say that you are wrong. Then you get all butt hurt, abandon that thread where you are getting pummeled, and just start another negative thread.

Here's a homework assignment for you. Evaluate what the Steelers have done from1970-2020 as a franchise. That's a 50 year span of NFL history. Compare what the Steelers have done as an organization to every other NFL franchise. Then come back here and try to show us how incompetent and inferior they have been to other franchises.

We will all be waiting for you to lay it all out for us.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Gray played primarily Guard in the Steelers 4 preseason games last year. He didn't take any snaps in preseason at LT, where A.V., Okorafor, Banner was the preseason depth and Damian Prince served as the 3rd string LT one game. I'd say for the sake of conversation Gray is a backup Guard until proven otherwise, but not a LT.

Wills blocked the blindside (RT) for a Left Handed QB (Tua). He appears to have the tools to play LT in the NFL and early reports in the media from the Browns Head Coach and also the O line coach, is that he is making the transition well.
    OK. This is how I see the OL depth chart for 2020. Curious how do you see it? If Gray plays OG where does he fit? Looking ahead to 2021 Feiler, AV, and Banner will all need new contracts.
    LT: AV-Chuks-Gray
    LG: Feiler-Wiz-Dotson
    C: Pouncey-Wiz-Hassenauer
    RG: DeCastro-Dotson
    RT: Banner-Chuks

Another option I guess could be:
    LT: AV- Chuks
    LG: Wiz-Gray
    C: Pouncey-Hassenauer
    RT: Feiler-Banner

Both depth charts use 10 OL and the Steelers normally carry 9 so neither is 100% correct most likely. This is why I really want to see some form of TC. This is the most critical group for 2020, IMO, and will set the tone heading into the 2021 offseason as well.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

OK. This is how I see the OL depth chart for 2020. Curious how do you see it? If Gray plays OG where does he fit? Looking ahead to 2021 Feiler, AV, and Banner will all need new contracts.
    LT: AV-Chuks-Gray
    LG: Feiler-Wiz-Dotson
    C: Pouncey-Wiz-Hassenauer
    RT: Banner-Chuks

Another option I guess could be:
    LT: AV- Chuks
    LG: Wiz-Gray
    C: Pouncey-Hassenauer
    RT: Feiler-Banner

Both depth charts use 10 OL and the Steelers normally carry 9 so neither is 100% correct most likely. This is why I really want to see some form of TC. This is the most critical group for 2020, IMO, and will set the tone heading into the 2021 offseason as well.
    I think that both AV and Feiler are gone after this season. Banner gets extended, because he’s young, has developed nicely, and (honestly) won’t be coveted on the open market.

LT: Chuks-affordable free agent
    LG: Dotson- Gray/Wiz
    C: Pouncey-Wiz/Gray
    RG: DeCastro-Gray/Wiz
    RT: Banner-2021 draft pick

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I must be very popular here, judging by the replies of my thread. Just tell me how well be okay at OL if we lose Big Al as projected and fail to replace Pouncey, who played poorly last season to those who watched. The last time I checked Hawaii had better beavers to show. Getting up at 9:00AM to watch a football game or being at work for Monday night or Thursday night...man's that's tough.

Look I played and coached dude. Doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone here, but you just might want to listen a little. 12-4, we are not and this team has major problems on the horizon....
    Bwahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post

Bwahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Oh crap no yinz have done it. Made six rings so mad he had to bust out the "I played and was a coach" card. Yinz just might want to listen to the expert.

Let me guess you're really Will Wellichek. Nobody here gives a rats ass about your so-called " credentials" they don't mean squat.
    Last edited by Butch; 05-30-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Deleted repeat post

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Oh crap no yinz have done it. Made six rings so mad he had to bust out the "I played and was a coach" card. Yinz just might want to listen to the expert.

Let me guess you're really Will Wellichek. Nobody here gives a rats ass about your so-called " credentials" they don't mean squat.
    Im not sure if you were over at Steelers Fever, but there was a guy called Uptown Murph (aka Smurf) who was trolling away... and then he laid a number on us. It went something like this:

HAWAII: facts
    BUDDHA: facts
    PCZACH: facts
    SMURF: Yea, well, you are all idiots. I know what I’m talking about because ... (wait for it)... I’m a male model.

Bwahahaha!!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

You’ve already been busted for stealing other people’s posts from other boards and posting them here. So please, keep us in your memories.

Look I played and coached dude.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    You’ve already been busted for stealing other people’s posts from other boards and posting them here. So please, keep us in your memories.
    Ouch!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Im not sure if you were over at Steelers Fever, but there was a guy called Uptown Murph (aka Smurf) who was trolling away... and then he laid a number on us. It went something like this:

HAWAII: facts
    BUDDHA: facts
    PCZACH: facts
    SMURF: Yea, well, you are all idiots. I know what I’m talking about because ... (wait for it)... I’m a male model.

Bwahahaha!!!

I mean.....how do you overcome anyone that would drop a bombshell like "I'm a male model" on you??

That's almost as impressive as someone saying "Look, I played and coached dude", while also living near a former NFL assistant coach for the Ravens that says Tomlin is easy to game plan for.......Almost!