Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brown's Recovery Status

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Brown's Recovery Status

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This is the playoffs....
    I understand that the Steelers need to win the Divisional game first... but, I’d rather have AB for the AFCCG than have him for “part” of the Divisional round.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I understand that the Steelers need to win the Divisional game first... but, I’d rather have AB for the AFCCG than have him for “part” of the Divisional round.
    That's how I see it also.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They need AB for the divisional round. If he is able to play, he needs to play (especially if they play Jacksonville). Would be stupid if they held him out just because he might get injured again.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Just heard on the NFL Network that Brown is 100% and will play in next game !

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Just heard on the NFL Network that Brown is 100% and will play in next game !

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Hopefully having too many weapons (Bell, Brown, Bryant and JuJu Bee) to choose from won't overwhelm for Ben.

Barring injury, there is NO good excuse for putting up less than 30 points per game.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Hopefully having too many weapons (Bell, Brown, Bryant and JuJu Bee) to choose from won't overwhelm for Ben.

Barring injury, there is NO good excuse for putting up less than 30 points per game.
    The only thing that is important is to win the game .....

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    They need AB for the divisional round. If he is able to play, he needs to play (especially if they play Jacksonville). Would be stupid if they held him out just because he might get injured again.
    See post: #14

That’s good news (although, not great news).

IMO, I would begin the Division game with AB on the sidelines; go with JuJu, Bryant, Bell, & McDonald. Lots of runs (the Jaguars are not as good against the run anyway). After the first three drives, if the Steelers have the lead, keep AB on the sidelines; if the Steelers are behind/the offense is struggling, then you bring AB in.

In other words, save him for the AFCCG.
    The Jaguars are much better against the run since the middle of the season

I do not want to wait for the steelers to play Brown when the steelers are in trouble, since it could be too late

The Steelers need to win, no matter it's against titans or jaguars ....

The Jaguars are much better against the run since the middle of the season

I do not want to wait for the steelers to play Brown when the steelers are in trouble, since it could be too late

The Steelers need to win, no matter it's against titans or jaguars ....
    See post #20.

Indeed. The Jaguars’ run defense has improved.

But, their pass defense is still better. That secondary is insane. Make sense?
    This is for this reason why we need Antonio Brown!

This is for this reason why we need Antonio Brown!
    QUESTION (and I’m serious):
    Is anyone else besides Ian Rapoport reporting that AB is 100%?

Because, considering Rapoport’s track record, AB might actually be in a walking boot...

Because, considering Rapoport’s track record, AB might actually be in a walking boot...
    See post # 27

100%,I don't know but one thing is sure,Brown is not in a walking boot

See post # 27

100%,I don't know but one thing is sure,Brown is not in a walking boot
    Running around in a park does not (necessarily) equate to being 100% healthy.

It’s a good sign, but...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I don't claim to be a doctor, but it's hard to imagine that a player would be 100% after a few weeks with a partially torn anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I don't claim to be a doctor, but it's hard to imagine that a player would be 100% after a few weeks with a partially torn anything.
    But... did you sleep in a Holiday Inn Express?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

But... did you sleep in a Holiday Inn Express?

No, but I got shitfaced in one once!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    No, but I got shitfaced in one once!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It's the playoffs and they are playing against the AFC's best defense. It's a case of shit or get off the pot. If he can play he needs to. If they rest him just because they want to save him for next week, there may not be a next week

Sooo...

Besides Ian Rapoport and/or Chad Ochocinco’s Instagram, does anyone else out there (i.e. a legitimate source) have an update on AB???

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    It's the playoffs and they are playing against the AFC's best defense. It's a case of shit or get off the pot. If he can play he needs to. If they rest him just because they want to save him for next week, there may not be a next week
    I agree. There's no point in saving him for something that might not even happen. I'm sure that AB will want to play and will play.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Can someone translate this to English, I don't speak street thug.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Can someone translate this to English, I don't speak street thug.
    These were the "street thug" comments

"We out here, injury-free. God is good," Johnson said in a video posted Saturday on Instagram. "We called God. Back out here. (Brown) came to the shop. You get a flat tire, you come to the shop, you get the tire fixed. Where do you go? You go to the best feet ever."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...r1voi4fb54mcex

I know you would post exactly the same comment if the recording of two white players was virtually inaudible due to a heavy wind

Maybe you should just follow a sport that fits your apparent demographic preference like hockey

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

"We out here, injury-free. God is good," Johnson said in a video posted Saturday on Instagram. "We called God. Back out here. (Brown) came to the shop. You get a flat tire, you come to the shop, you get the tire fixed. Where do you go? You go to the best feet ever."

I know you would post exactly the same comment if the recording of two white players was virtually inaudible due to a heavy wind

Maybe you should just follow a sport that fits your apparent demographic preference like hockey
    Oh chill out dude, I was kidding.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Nope. You said some ignorant shit and got called on it. It happens, lord knows we all make comments we would like to take back.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

It was a stupid comment and I apologize for it, I was kidding but it wasn't funny.

Ironically that 86Ward posted that picture because I'm a Flyers fan as well and love Simmonds.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It was a stupid comment and I apologize for it, I was kidding but it wasn't funny.

Ironically that 86Ward posted that picture because I'm a Flyers fan as well and love Simmonds.
    Love the Flyers too. What do you realistically think their chances are this season? Playoffs? An actual run? Honestly haven't watched much, but the rebuilding looks pretty close to paying off.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Amazing what a sensitive bunch we are.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Props for walking the comment back

I know how I have posted something and almost immediately wanted to reel it back in (e.g. - initially calling out AV for his role in the anthem fiasco in Chicago)