Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett vs Brock Purdy

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Kenny Pickett vs Brock Purdy

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    “You can put any quarterback in that SF offense and they’re gonna play well and put up good stats!!”
    Purdy has been very good for the 49ers and I think he is much better that Jimmy G and he deserve to be the starter for the 49ers in 2023 in week 1 but he was also in a great situation....No one have said that a practice squad player could do the same job that Purdy.....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Purdy has been very good for the 49ers and I think he is much better that Jimmy G and he deserve to be the starter for the 49ers in 2023 in week 1 but he was also in a great situation....No one have said that a practice squad player could do the same job that Purdy.....
    You must not be reading the thread. Even though your exact words weren’t used it’s been pretty close.

- - - Updated - - -

What a dud of a game. Waste of my time.

What a dud of a game. Waste of my time.
    Yes,this is sad to watch

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Would have liked to see what Purdue could have done

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Would have liked to see what Purdue could have done
    Same for me....It was a great story for him and he could have a good future ahead of him....My only point against him is that I don't think he was as good as his stats because of the situation he was....still a great story for this year

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

well that was disappointing, still no questions answered. I was hoping to see if he'd past the test or not, but he gets an incomplete
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

“You can put any quarterback in that SF offense and they’re gonna play well and put up good stats!!”
    someone forgot to tell Josh Johnson that
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It think SB Champion Joe Burrow could absolutely become the marketing focus of the NFL. He swaggers around chomping on cigars after big wins. He gives great quotes - the NFL better refund the neutral site tickets and the championship window is my whole career - both are amazing in an era of bland cliches and boring superstars.

It is going to be weird having the Bengals on TV 9 times a season...but I can see the NFL focusing on Burrow a lot more. Brady looks done. Rodgers is weird and toxic. Herbert hasn't won anything. Dak keeps Dakking. Mahomes is a breathtaking player but he is kind of boring. Allen hasn't won a signature game. Who else is there?

I think I took "face of the league" different than you. I take it to mean what stories and players is the NFL using to engage people. I think you mean who is the best or most successful player? Those can be the same but they can also be different.

Boy oh boy, as a big MMA fan i felt this one. There is often an nauseatingly massive discrepancy between these things in combat sports
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Terrible news for Purdy. He'll be sidelined for 6 months due to a torn UCL.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Guess they have to roll with handsome Jimmy G another season lol

Very bad....At least he will be ready for the training camp if this is 6 months but this is a big if

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Guess they have to roll with handsome Jimmy G another season lol
    He is free agent so this is unlikely!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Brady will be with the 49ers for 2023!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Very bad....At least he will be ready for the training camp if this is 6 months but this is a big if

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How much of a career killer is a UCL tear for a QB? Seems like it would be just as bad as being a pitcher that need tommy johns surgery
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

As explained in this article, 6 months is the best case, if they can do a "repair," not a "reconstruction," aka Tommy John surgery:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/news/amp-166718/

Either way, that's the kind of injury that might turn out ok with time, or you might never be the same. Remember when Ben had an elbow injury, and we were all praying it wasn't a Tommy John injury, because that is usually a career-ending or at least career-altering surgery for a QB? Hope it turns out ok for this kid, because if not that would be some next-level bullshit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    As explained in this article, 6 months is the best case, if they can do a "repair," not a "reconstruction," aka Tommy John surgery:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/news/amp-166718/

Either way, that's the kind of injury that might turn out ok with time, or you might never be the same. Remember when Ben had an elbow injury, and we were all praying it wasn't a Tommy John injury, because that is usually a career-ending or at least career-altering surgery for a QB? Hope it turns out ok for this kid, because if not that would be some next-level bullshit.
    That isn’t true, Elway had Tommy John surgery and won 2 SBs after.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They still have Trey Lance ... did people just forget about him? My guess is they'll bring in a veteran backup and roll with Trey Lance next season. I don't see Purdy being ready or able to play at all next year. I feel bad for Purdy because he had basically pulled a Brady/Bledsoe moment and stole the job from Trey Lance, now Lance will get a chance to steal it back.

Purdy is young but TJ surgery usually takes way more than 6 months to come back from. I know some pitchers it takes two years and other it take less (Verlander had it done in his late 30's and just won the Cy Young at 39 years old). Granted MLB pitching is much different than throwing a football but I just see it taking a more than 6 months to recover from completely.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    That isn’t true, Elway had Tommy John surgery and won 2 SBs after.
    I don't think he had Tommy John surgery, just a different problem with his elbow similar to Joe Montana. Jake Delhomme was the one who kept being brought up during the Ben situation as one of the few quarterbacks to need actual Tommy John surgery, and that fucked him up.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Khan needs to work his magic and sell them Trubisky as a stop gap placeholder until Purdy or Lance can achieve fully functional joints and ligaments

Trubisky might do okay in thst system.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Trubisky might do okay in thst system.
    Based on your earlier remarks, he should be an All-Pro in that system, right?

No but maybe at the Jimmy G level...Jimmy G had elite number this year,but he was not a elite QB

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If he is ever able to pull his head out of his ass and pay attention to what he is being taught about being a QB for more than 2 quarters in a row....why not?

He is more athletic than Purdy or Jimmy G. He has a somewhat better arm than Purdy. If he can ever figure out to be accurate and on time with his throws even half the time, he would do really well in that offense.

Jimmy G is miles better than Trubisky. That's not even saying that Jimmy G is very good.

What the 49ers need is a quarterback who doesn't miss guys that are wide open way down the field. Trubisky misses them, and most of the time can't even tell who's open. F. I wouldn't want him as a backup if he played for free.

Lots of quarterbacks would be decent if they figured out how to be accurate, but that actually happens like one time every decade or two.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Jimmy G is miles better than Trubisky. That's not even saying that Jimmy G is very good.

What the 49ers need is a quarterback who doesn't miss guys that are wide open way down the field. Trubisky misses them, and most of the time can't even tell who's open. F. I wouldn't want him as a backup if he played for free.

Lots of quarterbacks would be decent if they figured out how to be accurate, but that actually happens like one time every decade or two.
    Jimmy G has the same problem....His stats were still great

5 yard dump off to deebo samuel or mccaffery, watch them run 80 yards with it. repeat

I wouldn't say that. Jimmy G would often find the open guy among two or three targets, and made an adequate throw as often as not. Trubisky would tunnel-vision on one area, scramble in that general direction, and then uncork a shitty sideline junk ball out of bounds. There was a huge difference.

Of course, one thing Purdy did that neither of those morons could do was find actual quality throws to the third or fourth option. Like, when he threw it to a running back or did a short dump-off to a receiver, it was usually to a guy who had room in front of him to run. Whereas in our case, when those routes were involved, the primary play was to dump it off immediately to a guy who got tackled immediately. You didn't really see any plays where Trubisky dropped back, looked around for a couple seconds, and then realized the running back could get a 10-yard catch and run. He was already locked on to some wild goose chase way away from there.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Feel bad for Purdy honestly, his career is likely over before it really began. After next season recovering, will anyone even remember him?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Kenny Pickett vs Brock Purdy: Maybe the shortest rivalry ever.

I wouldn't say that. Jimmy G would often find the open guy among two or three targets, and made an adequate throw as often as not. Trubisky would tunnel-vision on one area, scramble in that general direction, and then uncork a shitty sideline junk ball out of bounds. There was a huge difference.

Of course, one thing Purdy did that neither of those morons could do was find actual quality throws to the third or fourth option. Like, when he threw it to a running back or did a short dump-off to a receiver, it was usually to a guy who had room in front of him to run. Whereas in our case, when those routes were involved, the primary play was to dump it off immediately to a guy who got tackled immediately. You didn't really see any plays where Trubisky dropped back, looked around for a couple seconds, and then realized the running back could get a 10-yard catch and run. He was already locked on to some wild goose chase way away from there.
    Those are the primary reads for San Fran. A well designed offense that simplifies things for all involved.

Meanwhile, the Steelers run a simply stupid offense that makes everything hard for everyone.

Those are the primary reads for San Fran. A well designed offense that simplifies things for all involved.

Meanwhile, the Steelers run a simply stupid offense that makes everything hard for everyone.
    But it keeps games close which is what Tomlin likes.

But it keeps games close which is what Tomlin likes.
    I guess. I said I'm going to do my best to remain wildy optimistic throughout the off season.

But they're sure making it hard.

I guess. I said I'm going to do my best to remain wildy optimistic throughout the off season.

But they're sure making it hard.
    They finally beat someone convincingly in the final game, so there's that. I'm no fan of Canada at all but I liked the direction the team was moving in towards the end of the season. Even if it's one of those things like we get a prodigy QB making the coordinator look good, I'll take it. After all, worked for Belichick. We're finding out that he's the same loser he's been in Cleveland all along