Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2167

Thread: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Will the Coming Season be Different Because of COVID-19?

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Sure sounds like a long way of saying, "maybe - we barely know anything about this."
    If that is what your cognitive dissonance tells you, then have at it. I dont want to burst your bubble. Science can do that.

I only posted links and highlights from 4 articles. There are dozens more that are available to read and the majority point out that from what is known about other types of Coronaviruses that immunity generally diminishes in 12-18 months. The article that points out that people have been infected multiple times with Covid-19 in Reno,NV, Belgium, Holland and Hong Kong, seems to point towards there not being lifetime immunity once contracting it.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    If that is what your cognitive dissonance tells you, then have at it. I dont want to burst your bubble. Science can do that.

I only posted links and highlights from 4 articles. There are dozens more that are available to read and the majority point out that from what is known about other types of Coronaviruses that immunity generally diminishes in 12-18 months. The article that points out that people have been infected multiple times with Covid-19 in Reno,NV, Belgium, Holland and Hong Kong, seems to point towards there not being lifetime immunity once contracting it.
    You're one to talk about cognitive dissonance. Another member of the 101-IQ club. For 8+ months, the science has almost universally confirmed what I have said from the start, and shown your overblown doomsaying to be overblown doomsaying.

The articles you quoted, as well as your own post quoted directly above, also confirm what I said: They don't know. Based on what happens with other viruses, maybe there isn't long-term immunity. But here's the thing - I just don't give a shit at all. If you are right or if you are wrong, it makes not the tiniest bit of difference. All solutions enacted so far for this disease are stupid and have been disastrous failures, and it is long past time to move on.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Why don't we just all say, no matter what you present to the other side, you'll never convince them. Everybody's crazy and sucks, and will lead the world to ruin. The end

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

If a single person anywhere in the world had been infected with this disease twice, the media would be shrieking for us all to panic and you would have heard about nothing else for a month. There are hundreds of millions of test cases now and they all show the opposite. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Wrong again bucko.

Scientists are reporting several cases of Covid-19 reinfection — but the implications are complicated

Following the news this week of what appears to have been the first confirmed case of a Covid-19 reinfection, other researchers have been coming forward with their own reports. One in Belgium, another in the Netherlands. And now, one in Nevada.

What caught experts’ attention about the case of the 25-year-old Reno man was not that he appears to have contracted SARS-CoV-2 (the name of the virus that causes Covid-19) a second time. Rather, it’s that his second bout was more serious than his first.
    Immunologists had expected that if the immune response generated after an initial infection could not prevent a second case, then it should at least stave off more severe illness. That’s what occurred with the first known reinfection case, in a 33-year-old Hong Kong man.
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/28/covid-19-reinfection-implications/

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

For 8+ months, the science has almost universally confirmed what I have said from the start...............................

.................................................. ........snipe..................................... .........

All solutions enacted so far for this disease are stupid and have been disastrous failures, and it is long past time to move on.
    Ah huh.

WORLD / COUNTRIES / UNITED STATES
    Last updated: November 12, 2020, 14:14 GMT

United States

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Wrong again bucko.

Scientists are reporting several cases of Covid-19 reinfection — but the implications are complicated

Following the news this week of what appears to have been the first confirmed case of a Covid-19 reinfection, other researchers have been coming forward with their own reports. One in Belgium, another in the Netherlands. And now, one in Nevada.

What caught experts’ attention about the case of the 25-year-old Reno man was not that he appears to have contracted SARS-CoV-2 (the name of the virus that causes Covid-19) a second time. Rather, it’s that his second bout was more serious than his first.
    Immunologists had expected that if the immune response generated after an initial infection could not prevent a second case, then it should at least stave off more severe illness. That’s what occurred with the first known reinfection case, in a 33-year-old Hong Kong man.
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/28/covid-19-reinfection-implications/
    Three out of a billion. Not really much to gloat over.

See my previous post. It doesn't change a thing. Your problem is that you pick over all the minutiae and miss all the big obvious practical realities that make your "victory" meaningless, or even counterproductive. There is another guy like that here in the 101 IQ club. You'd probably get along with him.

Meantime, you'd probably be better off listening to the people who have a little bit of sense.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

See my previous post. It doesn't change a thing. Your problem is that you pick over all the minutiae and miss all the big obvious practical realities that make your "victory" meaningless, or even counterproductive. There is another guy like that here in the 101 IQ club. You'd probably get along with him.

Meantime, you'd probably be better off listening to the people who have a little bit of sense.
    Lets be frank. When it comes to COVID 19 you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

so now you say that the infected # is a billion when before it was 0
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    so now you say that the infected # is a billion when before it was 0
    According to estimates by, you know, scientists and stuff, there are many more cases than confirmed cases - meaning hundreds of millions more. CDC estimated in August/September that 30 to 50 million Americans already had it, though most never knew or got tested. Antibodies discovered in ~60% of residents in slums of major Indian cities around the same time (no mass deaths though!) So yes, billions.

What this means is that the death rate as a percentage of those who are infected is so low that it's just laughable. Not dangerous at all unless you are incredibly unlucky or fall in a very narrow group. Not worth shutting down anything over. Not worth wearing a mask. Yes, a mask might help stop spread it, but it is not worth it. Just like I have said all along. I don't fucking care about this virus even a little bit, and neither does anyone else who doesn't have shit for brains.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Professor Bhakdi....... I suppose he's full of shit too.

https://youtu.be/ZnpnBYgGARE

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post

Clearly, you have missed the part where the only trusted authorities on COVID-19 are Democrat politicians, and alarmist opinion columnists for left-wing media outlets. Those people are doing some REAL science.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Clearly, you have missed the part where the only trusted authorities on COVID-19 are Democrat politicians, and alarmist opinion columnists for left-wing media outlets. Those people are doing some REAL science.
    No doubt!

There are a lot of dipsticks around spreading nonsense. We have some in here. Silver & Black and steelreserve to name a few.

Sucharit Bhakdi Thai YouTuber

Sucharit Bhakdi is a Thai-German epidemiologist, known for spreading misinformation about the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    There are a lot of dipsticks around spreading nonsense. We have some in here. Silver & Black and steelreserve to name a few.

You just love to be scared, don't you? You want everyone to feel your fear...lol. This guy is a respected microbiologist with a distinguished career. You... not so much. I think I'll listen to him. You... not so much.

You just keep paddling up stream on that river in Egypt...lol.

You call other people dipsticks. Just remember... when you point your finger in the mirror, it is pointing straight at you!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

You just love to be scared, don't you? You want everyone to feel your fear...lol. This guy is a respected microbiologist with a distinguished career. You... not so much. I think I'll listen to him. You... not so much.

You just keep paddling up stream on that river in Egypt...lol.

You call other people dipsticks. Just remember... when you point your finger in the mirror, it is pointing straight at you!
    Sucharit Bhakdi can be readily contradicted:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7333609/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/02...against-qanon/

can run it through google translate to see the takedown: https://correctiv.org/faktencheck/20...auptungen-auf/

hasnt been active in medical practice or research for 2 decades: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sucharit_Bhakdi/2

While he knows more than I do about his chosen field, so far...this guy is the 1 out of 10 dentists who think that fluoride doesn't work. He appears to have zero evidence to back up his insistence that air pollution is the major cause of respiratory deaths in both Italy and China.

Also, this guy MAY have been respected at one point; but all of his former colleagues are out all over the place (mostly in German) calling for this guy to shut up and stop spreading nonsense.

Like I said before if you have someone (and they can have all the credentials in the world) and the ONLY place they are really flogging their conspiratorial and contrary opinion is on their YouTube channel and other internet outlets that monetize their "brand"...I feel it should raise a significant red flag.

From what I can tell, this is a case of an individual who. for a variety of reasons, has a political/ideological position that they strongly believe in (at least on camera for $$$) and then attempts to select the science and data to fit to their pre-selected belief.

Does it happen from the other side of the spectrum? Absolutely. Are those people idiots who shouldn't be listened to? Of course. But replacing them with people like this guy just throws the baby out with the bathwater.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Looks like "whatever his name is" will be a prime candidate for surgeon general in Trump's 2024 administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Sucharit Bhakdi can be readily contradicted:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7333609/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/02...against-qanon/

can run it through google translate to see the takedown: https://correctiv.org/faktencheck/20...auptungen-auf/

hasnt been active in medical practice or research for 2 decades: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sucharit_Bhakdi/2

While he knows more than I do about his chosen field, so far...this guy is the 1 out of 10 dentists who think that fluoride doesn't work. He appears to have zero evidence to back up his insistence that air pollution is the major cause of respiratory deaths in both Italy and China.

Also, this guy MAY have been respected at one point; but all of his former colleagues are out all over the place (mostly in German) calling for this guy to shut up and stop spreading nonsense.

Like I said before if you have someone (and they can have all the credentials in the world) and the ONLY place they are really flogging their conspiratorial and contrary opinion is on their YouTube channel and other internet outlets that monetize their "brand"...I feel it should raise a significant red flag.

From what I can tell, this is a case of an individual who. for a variety of reasons, has a political/ideological position that they strongly believe in (at least on camera for $$$) and then attempts to select the science and data to fit to their pre-selected belief.

Does it happen from the other side of the spectrum? Absolutely. Are those people idiots who shouldn't be listened to? Of course. But replacing them with people like this guy just throws the baby out with the bathwater.
    Probably. But what can't be contradicted in this day and age? There is literally not one topic that can't be contradicted by whatever side you support. This is why no one believes a damn thing anymore.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Probably. But what can't be contradicted in this day and age? There is literally not one topic that can't be contradicted by whatever side you support. This is why no one believes a damn thing anymore.
    Science, math, and father time? I think all three remain largely undefeated.

The solutions to the COVID pandemic can and should be debated. But the underlying medical science that COVID is real, more infectious than the flu, deadlier than the flu, and that it is primarily spread through large respiratory droplets in enclosed spaces is not really possible to contradict at this point. If there is solid science that can overturn that with real-world data...I have not seen it.

What we (meaning a given city, county, state, or country) choose to do with that data in crafting public policy/regulations...that is where debate is warranted.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

The solutions to the COVID pandemic can and should be debated. But the underlying medical science that COVID is real, more infectious than the flu, deadlier than the flu, and that it is primarily spread through large respiratory droplets in enclosed spaces is not really possible to contradict at this point. If there is solid science that can overturn that with real-world data...I have not seen it.

What we (meaning a given city, county, state, or country) choose to do with that data in crafting public policy/regulations...that is where debate is warranted.
    It doesn't exist.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

What's embarrassing is that the USA is by far the worst country as far as containing the virus. We should be a leader, considering we're the USA and all.

It's sad that so many people are buying into stupid assed conspiracy theories and we're leading the world in cases and deaths because of it.

Well, the fact that you're an idiot is universally shared.

If we don't figure out how to live with it and get on with life... it really doesn't matter, does it? If there are no jobs left and everyone cowers in their home... what's the point?

Yay... I'm still alive! So what? For how long with no job, food, home, vehicle??? I'm sure the state isn't going to pay me forever to sit at home. What's the plan for staying locked down??? It seems no one wants to address that... just scream about masks and social distancing. It may or may not help, but again... for how long?

What happens when we just keep doing the same shit and end up in the same place? What do we do with the millions of us that are going to soon never work again? Just throw us away? We might as well just die now... it's inevitable anyway at this rate. I'd rather die with my work boots on while trying to get this country rolling again. I'm not one bit scared of CV19. If I get it, so be it. I'll loive or I won't. No one gives a fuck anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Well, the fact that you're an idiot is universally shared.
    Pot, meet kettle. Do you ever have anything worth while to say? All you do is stick pins in the doll. You are the most irrelevant idiot on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    What's embarrassing is that the USA is by far the worst country as far as containing the virus. We should be a leader, considering we're the USA and all.

It's sad that so many people are buying into stupid assed conspiracy theories and we're leading the world in cases and deaths because of it.
    We're not leading the world in cases or deaths. China is #1, India is #2, and the U.S. is #3. Anyone who says otherwise is simply fooling themselves. No one has contained it and no one has stopped it.

Most if not all of the significant differences that you see between countries are merely differences in how it is counted and reported. In that category, the United States is far and away the world leader in psychotically obsessing over every case at every minute, as well as the world leader in having a self-loathing cult of miserable people who love to make believe that things are bad and America sucks because it's full of stupid people. In a "pandemic" that is driven by hype, we are at the front of the pack.

The one thing about public health responses that should be absolutely clear at this point is that none of their lockdown or mask bullshit has worked basically at all. Yet here we are watching them still try all the same garbage that has conclusively proven out to be wildly ineffective. It's like watching some stupid dog that doesn't understand what a mirror is, barking at its reflection over and over thinking it's going to scare it away. And yet the cultists have made it so that the dog dictates what will happen for everyone.

The one thing that's very fortunate is that even with a vaccine that's reportedly 95% effective on the horizon, there is already another treatment that is around 99.7% effective. That is as simple as not wearing a mask, not washing your hands, and doing whatever you want. If you throw in staying away from people in their 70s who are in especially poor health, the effectiveness of this treatment miraculously goes up to 99.999% or more. How about that. The main benefit of a vaccine, excepting the very elderly, is simply that it will shut people up.

All this over nothing. What a waste.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

We're not leading the world in cases or deaths. China is #1, India is #2, and the U.S. is #3. Anyone who says otherwise is simply fooling themselves. No one has contained it and no one has stopped it.

Most if not all of the significant differences that you see between countries are merely differences in how it is counted and reported. In that category, the United States is far and away the world leader in psychotically obsessing over every case at every minute, as well as the world leader in having a self-loathing cult of miserable people who love to make believe that things are bad and America sucks because it's full of stupid people. In a "pandemic" that is driven by hype, we are at the front of the pack.

The one thing about public health responses that should be absolutely clear at this point is that none of their lockdown or mask bullshit has worked basically at all. Yet here we are watching them still try all the same garbage that has conclusively proven out to be wildly ineffective. It's like watching some stupid dog that doesn't understand what a mirror is, barking at its reflection over and over thinking it's going to scare it away. And yet the cultists have made it so that the dog dictates what will happen for everyone.

The one thing that's very fortunate is that even with a vaccine that's reportedly 95% effective on the horizon, there is already another treatment that is around 99.7% effective. That is as simple as not wearing a mask, not washing your hands, and doing whatever you want. If you throw in staying away from people in their 70s who are in especially poor health, the effectiveness of this treatment miraculously goes up to 99.999% or more. How about that. The main benefit of a vaccine, excepting the very elderly, is simply that it will shut people up.

All this over nothing. What a waste.
    I don't care what your biased news sources tell you what to believe, or what you personally just want to believe, but I just go by numbers and they don't lie.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases

I don't care what your biased news sources tell you what to believe, or what you personally just want to believe, but I just go by numbers and they don't lie.

I respect your opinion, but everything is a lie right now.

I'll loive or I won't. No one gives a fuck anyway.
    You got that one right.

I respect your opinion, but everything is a lie right now.
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

I stay away from the news sources that have a bias and especially extreme biases. If there's any news sources with a left-center or right-center bias that have a history of factual reporting and not peddling conspiracy theories I'll give them a chance

Do you guys inject the crazy straight into the vein or do you cut it with some baby powder first?

Unfortunately, they do lie, which was the entire point. It is not rocket science to figure out how or why. Like the other major gaslighting campaigns being pushed on the public right now, most of the pandemic narratives do not stand up to even casual scrutiny, and much like the others, their proponents will shout you down with religious zeal.

It is mainly an issue of how much thinking you are willing to do for yourself. The COVID cultists might as well have a poster on their wall like Special Agent Fox Mulder: "I want to believe."

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys inject the crazy straight into the vein or do you cut it with some baby powder first?
    Probably whichever you one you do with the inflated-sense-of-self-worth powder.
    See you Space Cowboy ...