View Poll Results: Who do the Jaguars select at #7 overall?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rashan Gary DE Michigan

2 22.22%
  • Montez Sweat DE/OLB Miss St

1 11.11%
  • Clelin Ferrell DE/OLB Clemson

1 11.11%
  • Brian Burns DE/OLB Florida St

0 0%
  • Ed Oliver DT Houston

2 22.22%
  • T J Hockenson TE Iowa

3 33.33%

Thread: With the #8 overall pick, the Lions select:

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

With the #8 overall pick, the Lions select:

1) Arizona - Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma
    2) SF 49ers - Nick Bosa DE/OLB Ohio St
    3) NY Jets - Josh Allen DE/OLB Kentucky
    4) Oakland - Quinnen Williams DT/DE Alabama
    5) Tampa Bay - Devin White ILB LSU
    6) NY Giants - Jonah Williams OT Alabama
    7) Jacksonville - Jawaan Taylor OT Florida

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: With the #8 overall pick, the Lions select:

sorry, I forgot to update the poll question and I don't know how to edit it.
    '
    it should read "Who do the Lions select at #8 overall?"

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Hockenson or Metcalf on offense. Bush or Oliver on defense.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

They will take Hock.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I went Gary...

I didn't include Metcalf or Bush because I haven't seen them mocked this high.

if Bush did, that would certainly take him out of the Steelers' range to trade up...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I didn't include Metcalf or Bush because I haven't seen them mocked this high.

if Bush did, that would certainly take him out of the Steelers' range to trade up...
    Whichever. It’s all for fun anyway. I could even see the Lions taking Greedy/Murphy this early.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I went with Oliver

why would you move these threads? I can understand moving the older ones but not the current one we're voting on...

they are for the purpose of seeing who is available when the Steelers select at #20 (yes, they're Steelers related) and get way more attention in the main forum.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If this remains tied you can change my vote from sweat to gary

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

why would you move these threads? I can understand moving the older ones but not the current one we're voting on...

they are for the purpose of seeing who is available when the Steelers select at #20 (yes, they're Steelers related) and get way more attention in the main forum.
    Because this is where they belong.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

come on folks get your vote in this one has lingered long enough and to close to call ( like Florida the year of the dimpled chad )

while this very well may be the proper place for a site mock , it probably will slow it down to the point where it is not able to be done as this section of the forum gets far less hits ...

it was always done in the main portion of the forum and the threads moved once we went on to the next one not sure what changed but now it is here or not at all so lets make the best of it
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

while this very well may be the proper place for a site mock , it probably will slow it down to the point where it is not able to be done as this section of the forum gets far less hits ...

it was always done in the main portion of the forum and the threads moved once we went on to the next one not sure what changed but now it is here or not at all so lets make the best of it
    yes, Gary always allowed us to run this poll in the main forum. only old threads would be moved to this section, unfortunately this poll will now die and for the first time in as many years as I can remember there won't be a Steelers' mock draft on this message board because there just isn't enough activity and votes here.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

not 1 vote all day so I guess its over

not 1 vote all day so I guess its over
    unless the mods reconsider and allow us to have the new poll threads in the main forum.

the NFL Draft is the biggest offseason event of the year and only 8 days away. what would it hurt to increase board activity and allow our members to have some fun in the main forum? it's been allowed every single year until this one, what has changed?

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Location of the thread aside... it looks like Hockenson has split the tie here, so let's go to the next team and see what happens with the traffic...

and fwiw. I know we all have a good idea what Jesse James brings, so I could see the TE pick here... even though they just gave him a load of cash with the promise of more involvement in the offense. That's why I preferred the D player(s) for their choice.

So, Buffalo on the clock!?!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Buffalo selected ed Oliver

Was the pick 9 thread ever made?

Was the pick 9 thread ever made?
    No, but I'd probably go with Oliver or Sweat with a flier to Metcalf.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    No, but I'd probably go with Oliver or Sweat with a flier to Metcalf.
    What front 7 do the Bills run on defense? I would vote Oliver but Sweat becomes more of a likely option in a 4-3. Of course you have to protect your QB and one way to do that is with a deep threat WR to push the safeties back.

Not sure I understand which subforum matters so much as to shut down the mock. I usually search from the ‘new posts’ option anyway.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

What front 7 do the Bills run on defense? I would vote Oliver but Sweat becomes more of a likely option in a 4-3. Of course you have to protect your QB and one way to do that is with a deep threat WR to push the safeties back.

Not sure I understand which subforum matters so much as to shut down the mock. I usually search from the ‘new posts’ option anyway.

They run a 4-3 as their base defense.

I'm still waiting to find out why this poll was moved to this subforum even though it has been allowed to be in the main forum every single year before this one

we could already be on the Steelers pick at #20 and having an active discussion instead of what we have now which is nothing.

and to answer your question this subforum just isn't active enough to run an active poll, most members only look in the main forum.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I'm still waiting to find out why this poll was moved to this subforum even though it has been allowed to be in the main forum every single year before this one

we could already be on the Steelers pick at #20 and having an active discussion instead of what we have now which is nothing.

and to answer your question this subforum just isn't active enough to run an active poll, most members only look in the main forum.
    Summed up in a sentence: Oh... here we are.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Are we still allowed to vote? It doesn't give me the option to vote in the poll above.

We could still try to do it here. I don't understand why things changed this year, because they always worked with us before so that the proper exposure of the threads would keep things moving along. It also creates many more threads which is what they always claim they want as it helps the site with the creation of more threads. It seems like it would be in the best interests of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

I don't understand why things changed this year, because they always worked with us before so that the proper exposure of the threads would keep things moving along. It also creates many more threads which is what they always claim they want as it helps the site with the creation of more threads. It seems like it would be in the best interests of everyone.
    I have no idea why things changed either, this poll thread was highly successful and something many of our members enthusiastically participated in every single year. with less than a week to go before the draft we should all be discussing which players the Steelers would be choosing, not why our message board prevents us from doing so when they never have before.

sucks this ended up dead in the water

sucks this ended up dead in the water
    yup, it went from a win/win (lots of board activity and happy members) to a lose/lose (dead in the water and frustrated unhappy members).

still don't understand why we were allowed to post this highly successful and popular poll in the main forum all these years but not this year...