Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1726

Thread: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

We love Joe. The greatest president since Brandon Lincoln.
    F*** Joe Biden!... F*** Joe Biden!... F*** Joe Biden!

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Not a good night for Biden and his party. Not only did Biden buddy McAuliffe lose in a state trending blue state, but in a hard blue state the race is still too close to call in New Jersey (though maybe Murphy would have won by now had he not killed so many nursing home patients)

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Not a good night for Biden and his party. Not only did Biden buddy McAuliffe lose in a state trending blue state, but in a hard blue state the race is still too close to call in New Jersey (though maybe Murphy would have won by now had he not killed so many nursing home patients)
    Now that there is no Trump boogeyman, you will not find the same unspoken solidarity behind the scenes to defeat Literally Hitler by any means necessary. Electoral cheating will become more difficult outside of California and New York, where Tammany Hall-style systems have already long been in place. It would have been unthinkable a few months ago for the Democrat candidate to lose in a place like Virginia or New Jersey, or for the race to even be close; they would come up with a million found ballots if they had to, in order to keep it comfortably in hand.

Now that the cheaters are no longer all-in by implied agreement, over the next couple of years you can expect to see a reflection of the country's real feelings: The vast majority HATES liberals. Hates their ideas, hates their bullshit, hates BLM, hates lockdown governors, and hopes they all go and get buttfucked to death.

It will be a long eight years for the liberals. It's just too bad, Trump's big mistake was not declaring the Democrats an outlaw party, with all members ineligible to vote or hold public office for life.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    ...........It would have been unthinkable a few months ago for the Democrat candidate to lose in a place like Virginia ............
    Oh BS. What's so unusual about the left losing in a confederate state?

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's a new concept that allows them to paint everyone they disagree with as white supremacists, even those who aren't actually white

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I mean a black female was elected Lt Gov for the first time in that state's history and a Hispanic was just elected state AG for the first time, so looks like the former confederate state is making progress

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Go get educated and enlightened, because apparently you are neither. I have lived the capital of the confederacy every day for the last 45 years, and we butt heads, white/black/asian/Hispanic…So don’t make my state your punch line. Why do you post here?

….and if you know how to read, do a little research on Sears. She is a moderate Republican, which I hope will keep our governor in check, and she was a marine, she’s a business owner, and a Jamaican immigrant. What’s not to love.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Go get educated and enlightened, because apparently you are neither. I have lived the capital of the confederacy every day for the last 45 years, and we butt heads, white/black/asian/Hispanic…So don’t make my state your punch line. Why do you post here?

….and if you know how to read, do a little research on Sears. She is a moderate Republican, which I hope will keep our governor in check, and she was a marine, she’s a business owner, and a Jamaican immigrant. What’s not to love.

- - - Updated - - -

Confederate state Virginia:

Virginia is one step closer to declaring racism as a public health crisis. Here's why experts say it's important.

Virginia could become the first state in the South to declare racism as a public health crisis.
    https://www.13newsnow.com/article/ne...2-6c372caa0565

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

- - - Updated - - -

Confederate state Virginia:

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/ne...2-6c372caa0565
    You know absolutely nothing about me or my state. Mirrors are a good thing dude. Go get one.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I'll just leave this here. Take from it what you will.

https://youtu.be/a4AlCk-NDz4

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I'll just leave this here. Take from it what you will.

https://youtu.be/a4AlCk-NDz4
    ^^^ "the professor of piffle".

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Since there doesn't seem to be a Kyle Rittenhouse trial thread... I do wonder, how could this even have gone trial? This is an obvious case of self-defense. Even the prosecutor seems to argue that the only reason why Rittenhouse supposedly didn't act in self-defense was because he supposedly at some point before the shootings pointed his gun at someone.

That argument is beyond ridiculous... the prosecutor basically says that pointing a gun at someone means that all your rights to self-defense are immediately and completely waived, even against someone who tells you he's gonna kill you, then chasing you and trying to grab your gun. And against a mob of rioters who easily even without guns easily could kill you (I know that Grosskreuz was armed, but even if he wasn't, it was still Rittenhouse on his own against at least 4 attackers, most likely dozens).

(The other argument of the prosecution was already thrown out - it is now established by the judge that Rittenhouse lawfully was in Kenosha and lawfully carried the gun there.)

This whole sham trial is politically motivated. He defended himself against rioting and looting BLM and Antifa thugs and other leftwing rioting thugs and a politically motivated prosecutor wants him to pay for it. Meanwhile those same leftwing thugs are allowed to burn innocent people's property and destroy livelihoods and corrupt left wing DAs and prosecutors let them get away with it without recourse. Also why is it that only a select minority of people are speaking out against those rioting thugs who caused unspeakable damage from across the country. Instead we get people defending them, making excuses for them, and pretending that burning an innocent person's piece of property is a legitimate form of protest

He's a white supremacist....of course.

The whole thing is a pathetic joke.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well there is the part where he crossed state lines with a gun to wander around the streets at night in place he didn't live and live out his vigilante fantasies.

This would be one thing if this doofus was sitting in his rocking chair on his front porch with his shotgun and making sure no one damaged his home.

This dude drove there to shoot at people. The end. Now the courts can decide if there are consequences for that decision.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

See? You all got all worked up and outraged for no reason. Precious little Kyle is gonna be fine.

Justice served. Should have never come down to this but it's a victory nonetheless. Next step is hopefully getting rich off lawsuits.
    Last edited by st33lersguy; 11-19-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    See? You all got all worked up and outraged for no reason. Precious little Kyle is gonna be fine.
    WOW, way to post with an open mind, sorry it bothers you that someone used self defense to protect themselves, hopefully you or your loved ones never have to use it while being chased by a mob and having your head bashed in by a skateboard and a glock pointed at your face, whether you like it or not the jury spoke, that's how things work in America.

Well there is the part where he crossed state lines with a gun to wander around the streets at night in place he didn't live and live out his vigilante fantasies.

This would be one thing if this doofus was sitting in his rocking chair on his front porch with his shotgun and making sure no one damaged his home.

This dude drove there to shoot at people. The end. Now the courts can decide if there are consequences for that decision.
    https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/ri...ithout-weapon/

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Stupid uninformed people make posts that they have no clue about because they don't take the time to do research thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Stupid uninformed people make posts that they have no clue about because they don't take the time to do research thanks for the link!
    You guys are totally right...this is so much better! Someone bought a gun for an underage minor...which I think might not really be totally legal...then stored it at their house until he could come and use it to play out his vigilante Punisher fantasies.

So much better.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW, way to post with an open mind, sorry it bothers you that someone used self defense to protect themselves, hopefully you or your loved ones never have to use it while being chased by a mob and having your head bashed in by a skateboard and a glock pointed at your face, whether you like it or not the jury spoke, that's how things work in America.
    Since I don't roam the streets as a low-rent cosplay Punisher; it isn't gonna come up. Not worried in the least.

I have already expressed that I was content to let the courts decide the issue. And by Wisconsin law, there was almost never any chance that sweet Kyle would be found anything but Not Guilty.

But...since you have done all your research and whatnot...I suspect you already knew that.

You guys are totally right...this is so much better! Someone bought a gun for an underage minor...which I think might not really be totally legal...then stored it at their house until he could come and use it to play out his vigilante Punisher fantasies.

So much better.
    There really isn't anything that I or anyone else can say or show that would appease you. You simply have different political outlooks than I do. It's cool, and I have nothing against you for having a different set of values than I do.

So much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I don't roam the streets as a low-rent cosplay Punisher; it isn't gonna come up. Not worried in the least.

I have already expressed that I was content to let the courts decide the issue. And by Wisconsin law, there was almost never any chance that sweet Kyle would be found anything but Not Guilty.

But...since you have done all your research and whatnot...I suspect you already knew that.
    Say what you will but it doesn't change anything, the justice system is fantastic! the Kid walked, isn't that great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There really isn't anything that I or anyone else can say or show that would appease you. You simply have different political outlooks than I do. It's cool, and I have nothing against you for having a different set of values than I do.
    I honestly don't really care. I think Rittenhouse is a misguided moron who needs a serious dose of reality and some consequences for his tragic actions would have done him some good.

I am not upset at all. The verdict changes nothing about my life. I think the verdict is troubling for those that legally want to carry firearms in my state. There are already serious and sober discussions in Wisconsin about amending existing gun laws to close the loopholes that were exposed in the Rittenhouse proceedings. But that is a whole other legal discussion.

I was snarkily having some fun with those that were posting here freaking out about the grave threat to democracy that the Rittenhouse case posed moments before a total not guilty verdict was announced. It has been clear for weeks, at least locally, that Rittenhouse wasn't going to be convicted. The parameters set by the judge and wording of the law were in his favor.

Additionally, I do not believe the testimony of another crime is a great excuse/justification for another crime. Which is what I found amusing about the fact check article. I mean how could Rittenhouse have driven with his illegal gun...it had already been illegally purchased and was waiting for him in Kenosha! See....4 D chess!!

I honestly don't really care. I think Rittenhouse is a misguided moron who needs a serious dose of reality and some consequences for his tragic actions would have done him some good.

I am not upset at all. The verdict changes nothing about my life. I think the verdict is troubling for those that legally want to carry firearms in my state. There are already serious and sober discussions in Wisconsin about amending existing gun laws to close the loopholes that were exposed in the Rittenhouse proceedings. But that is a whole other legal discussion.

I was snarkily having some fun with those that were posting here freaking out about the grave threat to democracy that the Rittenhouse case posed moments before a total not guilty verdict was announced. It has been clear for weeks, at least locally, that Rittenhouse wasn't going to be convicted. The parameters set by the judge and wording of the law were in his favor.

Additionally, I do not believe the testimony of another crime is a great excuse/justification for another crime. Which is what I found amusing about the fact check article. I mean how could Rittenhouse have driven with his illegal gun...it had already been illegally purchased and was waiting for him in Kenosha! See....4 D chess!!
    Um, yeah you do care, the verdict bugs the shit out of your liberal ass. That's why you are still posting about Riddenhouse here. If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't waste your time on the subject. lol lol.

Um, yeah you do care, the verdict bugs the shit out of your liberal ass. That's why you are still posting about Riddenhouse here. If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't waste your time on the subject. lol lol.
    I spend 8-15 hours a day in an office by myself in front of a computer. I post here mostly to keep myself amused and to argue with people.

Whether Rittenhouse goes to prison or goes home, makes no never-mind to me.

Like I said...the only part of the verdict that gives me any pause is the movement towards redefining "self-defense". At least in Wisconsin, there is now a precedent that juries will have to decide whose self-defense takes priority when two parties point guns at each other. In a state with deep divisions in opinions and relaxed open carry laws...that is cause for concern.

Self defense has not been redefined. It is as it always has been.

self-defense

n. the use of reasonable force to protect oneself or members of the family from bodily harm from the attack of an aggressor, if the defender has reason to believe he/she/they is/are in danger. Self-defense is a common defense by a person accused of assault, battery or homicide. The force used in self-defense may be sufficient for protection from apparent harm (not just an empty verbal threat) or to halt any danger from attack, but cannot be an excuse to continue the attack or use excessive force. Examples: an unarmed man punches Allen Alibi, who hits the attacker with a baseball bat. That is legitimate self-defense, but Alibi cannot chase after the attacker and shoot him or beat him senseless. If the attacker has a gun or a butcher knife and is verbally threatening, Alibi is probably warranted in shooting him. Basically, appropriate self-defense is judged on all the circumstances. Reasonable force can also be used to protect property from theft or destruction. Self-defense cannot include killing or great bodily harm to defend property, unless personal danger is also involved, as is the case in most burglaries, muggings or vandalism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ