Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's remarks about NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Trump's remarks about NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem

This observation from a senior writer for The National Review, no den of leftist snowflakes

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I don't know if these were already posted. My apologies if they were. I wanted to post them in the event someone may have missed them and wanted to see them.

Last edited by Lady Steel; 09-28-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Some polling data

Americans like neither the protests during the anthem, nor President Donald Trump's comments on the matter.

Views hinge on partisanship, but also shift with how Americans view the intentions, not just the actions, of the players and president.

The linked article provides details on how this breaks down by various demographic groups and party affiliation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democra...comments-poll/

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

lines up pretty closely with my twitter poll last night ... ( mostly football followers )

36%Watching it !
    53%full blown boycott !!
    11%I never watch
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

BurghBoy412

I cannot believe you're all still talking about this. LOL
    To all people that are claiming they are giving up the NFL. When you discover how sad and pathetic your life is without football.YOU'll BE BACK! I'm willing to bet the NFL has record viewing for this years Super Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I cannot believe you're all still talking about this. LOL
    you do not have to come to this part of the forum and read ..... #options

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Some polling data

Americans like neither the protests during the anthem, nor President Donald Trump's comments on the matter.

Views hinge on partisanship, but also shift with how Americans view the intentions, not just the actions, of the players and president.

The linked article provides details on how this breaks down by various demographic groups and party affiliation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democra...comments-poll/
    So much ignorance in those poll results...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So much ignorance in those poll results...
    care to expound on that ?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Trump should just shut the f- up and worry about more important matters like Obamacare, tax reform, getting a good deal on immigration reform, and the fact that his party isn't doing their job.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Other than the fact that he is 100% right on this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Other than the fact that he is 100% right on this statement.
    this...

since when in this country is being right a stfu moment ????

thats the problem with this country its upside fucking down logic

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Trump's remarks about NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    care to expound on that ?
    Not really. I think it’s kinda self explanatory if you have followed the story and know the details about what’s been happening and what the players are trying to accomplish. and frankly...kinda tired of talking about it. Who cares anymore...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I shake my head thinking about how we live in a country with over $20 trillion in debt with a dysfunctional congress that has no interest in fixing the country's numerous existing problems yet all people can talk about (including the President) are a bunch of football players not standing up for the national anthem. Complete lack of priorities. To think all this hype surrounding a boycott of the NFL for not standing for the national anthem completely overshadowed the fact that another effort to repeal Obamacare failed due to the Republican party's total lack of interest in doing anything other than disappoint their constituents. It's really sad.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I shake my head thinking about how we live in a country with over $20 trillion in debt with a dysfunctional congress that has no interest in fixing the country's numerous existing problems yet all people can talk about (including the President) are a bunch of football players not standing up for the national anthem. Complete lack of priorities. To think all this hype surrounding a boycott of the NFL for not standing for the national anthem completely overshadowed the fact that another effort to repeal Obamacare failed due to the Republican party's total lack of interest in doing anything other than disappoint their constituents. It's really sad.
    I hear ya man, it's freaking shameful. They get the House, Senate and White House and they do exactly nothing with it. They would rather continue with the Dividing of America Plan. They're all frauds, the whole lot of em'.

BurghBoy412

I'm glad that someone else can see that the people whom are supposed to be representing us... DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT US! Look at these Anthem Protests. Shame Shame Shame. Yet they can't even get Hurricane disaster relief funding. Once again it's on the average american citizen to bail out his fellow citizen. Because these clowns don't give a damn.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Bread and circuses. Been working for political dbags since the Romans.

Hopefully you won't notice we're gonna tax the piss outta ya but give rich dudes a big break cause ANTHEM PROTESTS !! Look over there!! Aren't you angry? I am!!!

Bread and circuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurghBoy412

I'm not watching the Anthem broadcast anymore. They've taken a moment of National Pride and turned it into a side show. The media outlets should be ashamed of themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I'm not watching the Anthem broadcast anymore. They've taken a moment of National Pride and turned it into a side show. The media outlets should be ashamed of themselves!

not just the media the players too ... both should be ashamed

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Not only that, the players are being used to stir up division. They are just to stupid and brainwashed to see it. These protests are taking place in taxpayer funded stadiums. The next team asking for funds to build a new stadium may be in for a bit of a surprise.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Not only that, the players are being used to stir up division. They are just to stupid and brainwashed to see it. These protests are taking place in taxpayer funded stadiums. The next team asking for funds to build a new stadium may be in for a bit of a surprise.
    Oh - you mean like when western Pennsylvania voters overwhelmingly voted down a referendum in 1997 on a tax increase to pay for PNC Park & Heinz Field and then an alternative deal was approved by the PA legislature without another referendum?

Memories are short - the reach of $$ to buy political power is long - fans/voters are at least as susceptible to being manipulated by politicians as the players are

anyone have any numbers on viewership this past weekend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    anyone have any numbers on viewership this past weekend ?
    Link to article on ratings with italicized excerpt from article

Fox Sports had a regional NFL singleheader for Week 4 and with separate games involving the Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots, it was able to garner high ratings. Fox averaged a 12.6 overnight for its regional action and it was up 19% from last year’s Week 4 singleheader which aired on CBS.

Sports Media Watch notes that the 12.6 rating for Fox was the highest for NFL Week 4 regional window coverage since 2011, which had a 14.9....

For NBC, its game involving the Indianapolis Colts and Seattle Seahawks drew an 11.0 overnight rating. That’s flat from last year’s Chiefs-Steelers game, but still down from from 2015’s Cowboys-Saints game, which had a 14.8. Colts-Seahawks tied for the lowest-rated Week 4 game on Sunday Night Football since 2007.

CBS drew a 10.8 overnight for the only game in the late afternoon national 4:25 p.m. ET window. That’s down 27% from last year’s national window, which aired on Fox and had the Cowboys-49ers as the featured game. CBS’s overnight rating was the lowest for a Week 4 national window dating back at least ten years.

But CBS did get some good news for Week 4. The 1 p.m. ET window received an 8.1 overnight rating and that was up 9% from 2016’s 7.4 for the early games.

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/nfl-w...c-meh-cbs.html

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So basically, it was all sound and fury signifying nothing.

Good games involving teams with large national fan bases create large rating #'s.

Crap games with teams having shallower fan bases create poor ratings #'s.

Bread and circuses, man. Bread and circuses.

VP Pence walked out of the 49ers-Colts game after some 49ers kneeled during the anthem

Vice President Mike Pence says he left Sunday's 49ers-Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis because of protesting that took place during the national anthem.

For the second week in a row, the 49ers had more than 20 players kneeling during the national anthem with their hands over their hearts. Teammates stood behind the kneeling players with one hand on a kneeling teammate's shoulder and the other over their hearts.

The Colts wore black T-shirts with the words "We Will" on the front and "Stand for equality, justice, unity, respect, dialogue, opportunity" on the back for the second straight week.

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 10-08-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Pence knew players had been kneeling, yet he spends a lot of money to take in a game anyway, then leaves the game and publicly makes a statement about it. Sounds like a cheap way to make a political statement and appease the die-hard Trump supporters, all while this dog and pony show continues to make more and more headlines

Pence knew players had been kneeling, yet he spends a lot of money to take in a game anyway, then leaves the game and publicly makes a statement about it. Sounds like a cheap way to make a political statement and appease the die-hard Trump supporters, all while this dog and pony show continues to make more and more headlines

Yep glad our President and VP are more concerned about keeping this crapshow in the spotlight than trying to fix the problems in this country