Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    THis is the best thing I have read this week!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I hope the Bengals crash & burn. I recently signed up over at the BengalBoard.com and they banned me in a week. I wasn't rude, I made constructive suggestions and only knocked Marvin Lewis after he was already beat down in one thread. They are jealous of us over there and are out of hope.
    I hope that they get a top 5 pick and take Dan Wilkinson (instead of whomever).

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Big Daddy Bust

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They took Dan Wilkinson over Marshall Faulk then a year later take Ki Jana Carter over Tony Boselli, Steve McNair, and Warren Sapp. Bungles gonna Bungle

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    They took Dan Wilkinson over Marshall Faulk
    Yep, I remember it clearly. I was sitting in a sports bar in Santa Barbara, having brunch, preparing for the local hero (I am from San Diego) to get drafted by the Bengals. Then... they drafted Dan Wilkinson. And, everyone in the bar erupted/spit out their mimosas, and laughed out loud (literally).

BostonBlackie

Yep, I remember it clearly. I was sitting in a sports bar in Santa Barbara, having brunch, preparing for the local hero (I am from San Diego) to get drafted by the Bengals. Then... they drafted Dan Wilkinson. And, everyone in the bar erupted/spit out their mimosas, and laughed out loud (literally).
    No wonder you're always in a good mood.

San Diego: No 1. pleasant place in US

By Roger ShowleyContact Reporter

The locals know that - that's why we're here and (for the most part) not moving.
    But maybe the rest of the world needs a reminder as snow storms elsewhere snarl holiday traffic.
    Zillow, the real estate website, has done local boosters a favor and ranked the best places, based on NOAA's raw weather data collected by engineer and designer Kelly Norton, a cofounder of Homebase.io.
    San Diego ranked No. 1 with 261 "pleasant" days, defined as having an average temperature between 55 to 75 degrees, minimum temperature above 45 degrees and no significant rain or snow.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/growth-development/sdut-zillow-pleasant-cities-ranking-weather-2014dec19-htmlstory.html

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    No wonder you're always in a good mood.

San Diego: No 1. pleasant place in US

By Roger ShowleyContact Reporter

The locals know that - that's why we're here and (for the most part) not moving.
    But maybe the rest of the world needs a reminder as snow storms elsewhere snarl holiday traffic.
    Zillow, the real estate website, has done local boosters a favor and ranked the best places, based on NOAA's raw weather data collected by engineer and designer Kelly Norton, a cofounder of Homebase.io.
    San Diego ranked No. 1 with 261 "pleasant" days, defined as having an average temperature between 55 to 75 degrees, minimum temperature above 45 degrees and no significant rain or snow.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/growth-development/sdut-zillow-pleasant-cities-ranking-weather-2014dec19-htmlstory.html
    When the SuperBowl was out here in 2003, a former player was at my gym. He was out here for the week, and I overheard him on the phone to his wife: "That's right, babe... I bought a house. Get on the next flight out, because I am never leaving this city."

The same thing basically happened with my parents many eons ago (except, my dad wasn't a football player).

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

When the SuperBowl was out here in 2003, a former player was at my gym. He was out here for the week, and I overheard him on the phone to his wife: "That's right, babe... I bought a house. Get on the next flight out, because I am never leaving this city."

The same thing basically happened with my parents many eons ago (except, my dad wasn't a football player).
    Have room for one more? I can get out the adoption papers.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed your opinions have attracted an array of interesting remarks, just wanted to let you know I appreciate your knowledge, research and insight in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Have room for one more? I can get out the adoption papers.
    BAYZ!!! You can always stay at my house. We have bunk beds... one question: Little Mermaid or Spider-man???

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

BAYZ!!! You can always stay at my house. We have bunk beds... one question: Little Mermaid or Spider-man???
    PJs or linen sets?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    PJs or linen sets?
    Cosplay-level footie pajamas

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Interesting. My former stepsister (her mother and my father are now divorced) attended college at USD and she is still very possibly the most miserable person I've ever met in my life. Never a good or kind word about anything or to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Interesting. My former stepsister (her mother and my father are now divorced) attended college at USD and she is still very possibly the most miserable person I've ever met in my life. Never a good or kind word about anything or to anybody.
    Here’s how the colleges go in San Diego:

SDSU: surfers, partiers, beautiful people, 70% of the general population

UCSD: brains, nerds, doctors, Nobel prize candidates, the millionaires who live in La Jolla

USD: the spoiled trust-fund brats

BostonBlackie

And here I am in rain, snow, too hot, too cold, Boston. What am I doing?

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Little Mermaid for sure! Do you have a nightlight?

Bayz!! Good to see ya bud!

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Bayz!! Good to see ya bud!
    Nice to see you too, my friend. It's difficult to pop in these days with work and such. More of a lurker now.

Of course... similar options: Frozen or Batman???

Nice to see you too, my friend. It's difficult to pop in these days with work and such. More of a lurker now.
    I know how that is. You don't have to lurk all the time.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Which means that he'll probably throw for 350 yds and 3 TDs. Lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Which means that he'll probably throw for 350 yds and 3 TDs. Lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    I write this post to the wrong thread, but I'm confident the steelers defense will dominate, like this defense has done since the beginning of the season.

I write this post to the wrong thread, but I'm confident the steelers defense will dominate, like this defense has done since the beginning of the season.
    Steelers win 37-7

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Kansas City has fallen off a cliff. AFC right now is a 2-man race (not buying into Jacksonville, wake me up when they have a QB and do something in the postseason)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Jags have given up the least amount of points in the league, top 10 in scoring, tied for second in net points, and a very real shot at going 13-3 and stealing the #1 or #2 seed. Their style of play is reminiscent of the Buccs and Ravens SB teams.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't buy the Jaguars.

Jacksonville are this years' version of the 2016 Dolphins. They came completely out of nowhere and surprised people. Ironically, both teams had impressive wins over the Steelers in early season.

Are they good? Yes they are. But theres a difference between being "good" and actually being good. Talk to me when Jacksonville actually accomplishes something of note. They haven't done anything yet. Remember when the Raiders were supposed to emerge and challenge the Patriots for AFC supremacy? They're 4-5 and currently being curb stomped by New England 24-0.

The Raiders should've taught everyone not to crown a contender before the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I don't buy the Jaguars.

Jacksonville are this years' version of the 2016 Dolphins. They came completely out of nowhere and surprised people. Ironically, both teams had impressive wins over the Steelers in early season.

Are they good? Yes they are. But theres a difference between being "good" and actually being good. Talk to me when Jacksonville actually accomplishes something of note. They haven't done anything yet. Remember when the Raiders were supposed to emerge and challenge the Patriots for AFC supremacy? They're 4-5 and currently being curb stomped by New England 24-0.

The Raiders should've taught everyone not to crown a contender before the fact.
    The Jaguars are not a super bowl contender for now, but they are much better than last year's dolphins

I mean, the jaguars points differenciel are close to +90 ... The Dolphins had a negative points differentiel last year and they was not good on defense and offense !!!!

The Jaguars currently have the best defense in the league!

They will make the playoffs easily this year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I repeat....

...The Jags have given up the least amount of points in the league, top 10 in scoring, tied for second in net points, and a very real shot at going 13-3 and stealing the #1 or #2 seed. Their style of play is reminiscent of the Buccs and Ravens SB teams.

If you do not see the big difference between the NFC and the AFC, you are blind!!!....I mean, 5 teams have at least 7 wins after 10 games in the NFC, maybe 6 if the seahawks win against the falcons tomorrow.

Only 3 in the AFC and the 6th seed could be one of the worst playoffs team of all-time.