Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 Seed ?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2 Seed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Texans I think have gotten lucky. They should have lost to the broncos (2 missed field goals and won by 2 points). Played some really bad teams and only dominant win was against Miami. They're one of those teams that could be easily 5-5 or worse if they didn't get a couple of lucky breaks.

However, they're still a 7-3 team with a really soft schedule. But early in the season they proved that when they're bad, they can still lose to the likes of the Giants or Titans.
    Houston have a very good young QB with a great WR and a very good defense, but their problem is their offensive line .... It's awful!....33 sacks allowed in 10 games ... The Texans are also not very good in situation football like in 3rd down and in the red zone on both side of the ball.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/htx/2018.htm

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    SUMMATION:
    Prepare for a Steelers-Chiefs AFCCG played at Arrowhead.
    Yup. Already got my bags packed to be there for it.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Yup. Already got my bags packed to be there for it.

Nice!!!

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

I can see the Chiefs cruising into the 1 seed at 14-2 and blowing the second round game. Its kinda what they do and what Andy Reid does.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeHorn View Post
    I can see the Chiefs cruising into the 1 seed at 14-2 and blowing the second round game. Its kinda what they do and what Andy Reid does.
    Something like this...

1 Chiefs
    2 Steelers

6 Colts @ 3 Taperiots
    5 Chargers @ 4 Texans

Then...

4 Texans @ 2 Steelers
    6 Colts @ 1 Chiefs

Then, the AFCCG...

6 Colts @ 2 Steelers

(bold= winner)

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Something like this...

1 Chiefs
    2 Steelers

6 Colts @ 3 Taperiots
    5 Chargers @ 4 Texans

Then...

4 Texans @ 2 Steelers
    6 Colts @ 1 Chiefs

Then, the AFCCG...

6 Colts @ 2 Steelers

(bold= winner)
    How can that be when the Steelers are going 5-10-1??

Something like this...

1 Chiefs
    2 Steelers

6 Colts @ 3 Taperiots
    5 Chargers @ 4 Texans

Then...

4 Texans @ 2 Steelers
    6 Colts @ 1 Chiefs

Then, the AFCCG...

6 Colts @ 2 Steelers

(bold= winner)
    Not realistic to see the Colts beat the pats and the chiefs on the road(even if the colts are much better now with Frank Reich as HC)!

If the steelers have a bye, very likely they play against the pats in their first playoff game, but a lot of football remains to play.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Well that's what Bill cowher was known for until he got big Ben. Mahomes is looking like something special

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Well that's what Bill cowher was known for until he got big Ben. Mahomes is looking like something special
    Andy Reid has been longer in this league than Bill Cowher, but if Reid wins a super bowl soon, his career will be similar with Cowher.

All Reid needs is a QB that can make the difference in the big game, which has always been missing for Reid with McNabb or Smith ..... Same for Cowher before Ben

If Reid wins a Super Bowl, he is in the HOF for me .... something like 200 regular-season wins in his career which should be enough if he wins a super bowl.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Especially with that defense. Could be like the 2011 Packers, superb regular season because the QB goes absolutely nuts but the defense is trash and it comes back to bite them

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Especially with that defense. Could be like the 2011 Packers, superb regular season because the QB goes absolutely nuts but the defense is trash and it comes back to bite them
    Another wild card is weather

Saints play in a dome and Rams only concern is rain in LA in January

Snow, ice and cold are all potential factors that could slow the Chiefs offense down in KC in mid/late January

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Chiefs just lost to the Rams, so that gets the Steelers closer at least.

The Chiefs Defense is hot garbage.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

54-51. That scoreboard must've been lighting up like a pinball machine!

Chiefs are still likely to keep the #1 seed unless they lose a couple more.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Chiefs loss helps our case, but I still think us getting the #1 seed will require winning out. I'm not sure if we do that,, but if we do, awesome.

The Chiefs scored 91 points in their 2 losses!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Chiefs scored 91 points in their 2 losses!
    The whole game was 105 points. The new NFL is Madden Football!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    The whole game was 105 points. The new NFL is Madden Football!
    or Goodell Football!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    or Goodell Football!
    Either way it sux!

The Chiefs remaining schedule...

@Da Raidahs W
    Ravens ?
    Chargers ?
    @Seahawks L
    Da Raidahs W

Da Raidahs “could” give them a game, but I truly believe that they are tanking the season (last week, the Cards just did a better job of trying to lose). I put down AT Seattle as a loss, because the Seahawks will be fighting for their playoff lives, and they actually have the type of defense that can stop the Chiefs. Speaking of defenses, the Ravens can stop ANY defense, but their offense is a huge question mark. Whereas, the Chargers are built to beat the Chiefs: pass rush and an offense that can keep pace.

The Taperiots remaining schedule...

@Jets W
    Vikings ?
    @Dolphins ?
    @Steelers L
    Bills W
    Jets W

We will beat the Taperiots. Normally, at the Jets would be a question mark, but the Taperiots are scary good coming off of a bye. The Vikings have the very real potential to beat the Taperiots, and the Taperiots have not faired well in the state of Florida. The last two games are essentially gimmes, because by that point, both of those AFC East times will simply roll over for their division foe.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Last year I was so enthused about getting a #1 or #2 seed but we know how that turned out. This year, I really don't care as long as we're healthy. A #3 seed will be fine with me. Maybe we can catch a rusty team if we make it to round 2...