Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Le'Veon Bell removes association with Steelers on social media accounts

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...media-accounts

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Lol. Did that just take place? Awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Gurley might have paid off but I bet AZ is kicking themselves for giving DJ that huge contract. Now they're cap strapped and possibly one of the worst teams in the league. This aint the 70s, you don't build a team around a RB

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

His bag of tricks is getting close to empty

Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Gurley might have paid off but I bet AZ is kicking themselves for giving DJ that huge contract. Now they're cap strapped and possibly one of the worst teams in the league. This aint the 70s, you don't build a team around a RB
    And the Rams could give a big contract to Gurley, since Goff is in the middle of his rookie contract.

And even that, it's not like the steelers were cheap to Bell in the last 2 years.

And the Rams could give a big contract to Gurley, since Goff is in the middle of his rookie contract.

And even that, it's not like the steelers were cheap to Bell in the last 2 years.
    Yep. Only reason why TG and Donald got huge contracts is cause they don't have to pay their QB "Franchise QB money" yet. As soon as that happens...

The more I think about it, it doesn't make sense for Bell to sign with the Steelers. Not really one bit, unless he wants the rest of that 6M which is not the kind of money he wants.

1- What worse way to drop your draft stock, coming in and basically playing backup to a 2nd year player?
    2- Bell's ego, he wants to be the man. He's not going to be 'the man'. Conner earned that title. There's only room for 1 big dog at RB and if Bell isn't that guy, he won't be happy for long, paycheck or not.
    3- His o-line pretty much is POed at him. Shots were taken at him by the QB and HC. He is not in a good spot and him coming back will be awkward.
    4- He could probably salvage this if he becomes the bigger man and apologizes to his teammates saying it's just business, but that won't happen because of #2
    5- He also pissed off the majority of the fans, not sure if he has any love for the city anymore

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The more I think about it, it doesn't make sense for Bell to sign with the Steelers. Not really one bit, unless he wants the rest of that 6M which is not the kind of money he wants.

1- What worse way to drop your draft stock, coming in and basically playing backup to a 2nd year player?
    2- Bell's ego, he wants to be the man. He's not going to be 'the man'. Conner earned that title. There's only room for 1 big dog at RB and if Bell isn't that guy, he won't be happy for long, paycheck or not.
    3- His o-line pretty much is POed at him. Shots were taken at him by the QB and HC. He is not in a good spot and him coming back will be awkward.
    4- He could probably salvage this if he becomes the bigger man and apologizes to his teammates saying it's just business, but that won't happen because of #2
    5- He also pissed off the majority of the fans, not sure if he has any love for the city anymore
    Right on the money!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I've been laughing my ass off at "bye Felicia" gifs
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

But..but...the mean old Steelers don't understand the plight of the African American athlete! At least that's what Bell's agent will preach.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Schefter and Rapoport apparently carrying water for their source Bakari with these tweets

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

“Team wants him back badly”?? WTF is he smoking?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Last night, on NFL Network, Reggie Bush (I think) said something about how “scary good” the Steelers offense will be once Bell is getting those 7-8 carries per game (the ones that Ridley & Samuels have been getting). Bush said that the Steelers already have the best offense in the NFL... and “just imagine” when Bell is the guy who is giving Conner a rest.

Two things that I found interesting:

1. Yep, this offense is already really, really ridiculously good(-looking). Adding Bell would take them to a level never seen before in the NFL.

2. He used the word “will”... not “if” Bell returns. I’m sure that Bush has ZERO inside info, but he obviously thinks that Bell returning is a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Last night, on NFL Network, Reggie Bush (I think) said something about how “scary good” the Steelers offense will be once Bell is getting those 7-8 carries per game (the ones that Ridley & Samuels have been getting). Bush said that the Steelers already have the best offense in the NFL... and “just imagine” when Bell is the guy who is giving Conner a rest.

Two things that I found interesting:

1. Yep, this offense is already really, really ridiculously good(-looking). Adding Bell would take them to a level never seen before in the NFL.

2. He used the word “will”... not “if” Bell returns. I’m sure that Bush has ZERO inside info, but he obviously thinks that Bell returning is a done deal.
    Bush could be talking to Bell every day and still could not be certain what is going to happen because IMO Bell could change his mind several times between now and the signing deadline

Bell is a great player but his latest game playing this week (Fairwell Miami, lurking in Pittsburgh with media stunts like playing basketball at a local gym, taking affiliation with the Steelers off his Twitter account, then tweeting out support for JuJu & Conner last night) has confirmed my view he is frustrated by how this has turned out and now just wants attention.

If he wants attention having to share with Conner might not please him if he comes back.

If he is coming back there is absolutely no reason not to have done it after the trade deadline passed (unless he miscalculated how long it would take to get the THC out of his system and keeps failing self-administered drug screening tests)

So for now I am guessing he stays away.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Dude is a bonehead. Even if he comes back he isn't going to get more money than he would have had he played out the offered contract. If he is that afraid of injury, then he is not worth the $.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That’s a Madden reference...if you are losing by 21 or more it’s time to pass the “sticks”/controller.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That’s a Madden reference...if you are losing by 21 or more it’s time to pass the “sticks”/controller.
    Thanks.. I read it as 'time to pass the baton'
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Le’Veon was pretty sure (and hoping for it IMO) that without him the Steelers would fall flat on their faces.
    OOPS....

Passing the sticks/baton to JC as the lead RB....

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Thanks and had no clue. Thought it was a new name for a blount or smoking weed from a vap cig.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I honestly do hope he returns to the Steelers for the rest of the season. There is no downside to it for the Steelers.

If Conner gets hurt, we’ve now seen that our back ups are below the line. Our Oline is great, but it’s total BS that ANYONE would by a great RB behind this line.

Conner is great behind them. So is Bell. Even if Bell hardly gets on the field it’s worth having him in case of injury to Conner. I think we need at least one of them for any chance at a championship.

Bell certainly has every reason at this point to sit out the rest of the season... except that if he comes back, and is an excellent teammate and role player, he will up his stock in this league. ESPECIALLY if he helps us win a championship.

Yes, Bell seems to have unpredictable incentives, but he has a tremendous ego. After seeing what a truly dominant team the Steelers can be now, I think he might be getting visions of leaving Pittsburgh with a shiny new ring to go along with his big free agency contract to come.

Bell is really hard to predict, and I don’t think it’s pure economics that drives him. He’s already proved that by making financial mistakes.

He wants to be important. He wants to be the hero. And in the end he might come back just to not be excluded from a potential championship.

Now he KNOWS the Steelers can possibly win it without him. I think such a thing would crush him inside because he sees that potential storyline coming, and he hates the notion.

That’s the only reason I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back to us

And if he does, we should welcome him back with open arms.

Not saying that he doesn’t deserve your animosity. I’m saying deserve’s got nothing to do with it. I’d rather everyone kiss and make up today, so that they maximize their chances of kissing the sticky Lombardy tomorrow.

The only thing I'm worried about Bell returning, is if it's going to screw with the chemistry we have going on. The offense is smoking hot right now.

However, we did see what drop off we have when Conner went out. Ridley and Samuels look like decent backups, but don't have that same acceleration / burst you see with Bell and Conner. With Conner having a concussion, maybe the team and fans will be a little more open to accepting Bell back in the locker room? A Conner injury could easily derail the season, he's a big reason why the Steelers have the success they have right now.

Samuels looks natural at receiving the ball though, I feel he can be one of those Mewelde Moore type of players who can produce if his number's called. Ridley can pound the rock, but he definitely doesn't have Conner's explosion, which doesn't make him a big play threat

Ridley looks horrible to me

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Thanks.. I read it as 'time to pass the baton'
    I’m reading it as it’s his turn next...as in he will be coming back next week...