Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 10: Carolina Panthers (TNF)

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Week 10: Carolina Panthers (TNF)

Tonight the Steelers become the first team in NFL history to have a 250-yard passer and a 100-yard rusher in 5 straight games.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Cam's cleats tonight. Pretty classy.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Cam's cleats tonight. Pretty classy.

Damn, that really is classy.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Awesome move by Cam.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Ok who thought it was going to be a long night when they came out and basically walked down the field to make it 7-0?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Ok who thought it was going to be a long night when they came out and basically walked down the field to make it 7-0?
    I thought so, especially since we had trouble stopping McCaffery. Fortunately we got a big enough lead to take him out of the game. That dude is dangerous

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    The key to stopping Newton is containing him to the pocket and making him beat you with this arm. His accuracy is suspect. Also GANG tackle him. First guy wrap up then let help get him down.

BOOM!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I’ve never been so glad to be wrong about a game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I’ve never been so glad to be wrong about a game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You were in good company with a lot of folks about the Panthers. Carolina was being talked up as potential dark horse NFC champ contender that could catch the Saints in the NFC South after beating up on a troubled Ravens team and a bad Tampa team at home.

Now they will only be one game ahead of the Falcons if Atlanta beats Cleveland and in a fight to get a wildcard.

Of course if the Steelers had lost at home to a good team last night (after the Panthers scored on their opening drive I saw another Chiefs/Ravens slow start at home coming) our collective mood would be a lot more downbeat too.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    You were in good company with a lot of folks about the Panthers. Carolina was being talked up as potential dark horse NFC champ contender that could catch the Saints in the NFC South after beating up on a troubled Ravens team and a bad Tampa team at home.

Now they will only be one game ahead of the Falcons if Atlanta beats Cleveland and in a fight to get a wildcard.

Of course if the Steelers had lost at home to a good team last night (after the Panthers scored on their opening drive I saw another Chiefs/Ravens slow start at home coming) our collective mood would be a lot more downbeat too.
    They still can be imo. Thursday night games are a big disadvantage for the visiting team, so I don't think the Panthers are as bad as they looked

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Possible explanation for Reid being so aggressive when going after Ben - if the worst that can happen is a 15 yard penalty why not try to knock the QB out of the game?

Eric Reid: I didn’t even know you could be ejected in the NFL

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-in-the-nfl/

As was the case with the Steelers not falling on a free kick the Browns recovered several weeks ago, the extent of NFL players not knowing the rules that apply to their jobs is surprising

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They still can be imo. Thursday night games are a big disadvantage for the visiting team, so I don't think the Panthers are as bad as they looked
    This is overstated. I looked up the TNF records yesterday and the visiting team wins quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    This is overstated. I looked up the TNF records yesterday and the visiting team wins quite often.
    But I think what can happen is both teams go into the game tired and if you get behind by a lot early that team can say screw it I'm out until next week and a loss snowballs into a blowout

The past 6 Thursday night games have not been close. That may have a lot to do with some really bad teams being on the schedule but bad teams are capable of playing close games in the 2018 basketball on turf version of the NFL

Patriots 38, Colts 24
    Eagles 34, Giants 13
    Broncos 45, Cardinals 10
    Texans 42, Dolphins 23
    49ers 34, Raiders 3
    Steelers 52, Panthers 21
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 11-09-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Possible explanation for Reid being so aggressive when going after Ben - if the worst that can happen is a 15 yard penalty why not try to knock the QB out of the game?

As was the case with the Steelers not falling on a free kick the Browns recovered several weeks ago, the extent of NFL players not knowing the rules that apply to their jobs is surprising
    Remember when Donovan McNabb did not know in 2008 that tie games in the nfl existed even if McNabb was in the NFL when the falcons/steelers had a tie game in 2002.

Also, the Eagles had played against the Falcons in the playoffs in 2002, so we can not say that McNabb had looked at the record of his opponent!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s Danny Smith’s job to make sure everyone is informed and knows situational football. It’s more his fault than anyone’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They're definitely not as bad as they appeared last night, but we exposed the key to beating them: Hit Cam Newton. Unless you're absolutely certain that someone else has the ball, just pop Cam. They'll make a drive or two, sure... but it ends all that "trickeration" nonsense, which is the foundation of their entire offense. If they don't want Cam leaving on a stretcher, then he'll have to stand behind his line and beat us with his arm, and that's when they lose. Cam Newton is not a good pocket passer and his line isn't good in pass protection.
    If only it was that easy to shut down the west coast offense
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland