Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game Balls and Goats vs. Ravens

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Game Balls and Goats vs. Ravens

I do not want to be negative but ....

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I do not want to be negative but ....

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Morgan Burnett being out for the first half of the season probably had something to do with the above miscommunication. Don’t worry, it’ll be corrected... when Burnett once again gets injured.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Game ball goes to the "Ravenettes" for all the wonderful curves they put on the sideline.Stunning performance by those gals.Even in a loss they looked professional and held their own.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Game ball goes to the "Ravenettes" for all the wonderful curves they put on the sideline.Stunning performance by those gals.Even in a loss they looked professional and held their own.
    Link please.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

A nice team win Ben made a lot of plays Juju, Conner, Dobbs coming in cold off the bench throwing that strike that was huge. The defense hung in there making them kick FG in stead of TD's. Just hope Boswell can find himself real soon!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

WTF why does Dulac feel so compelled to rain on this parade? I personally like Ben's version much better and I don't need Dulac pointing out if it was true or not. Sometimes reporters need to know when to leave well enough alone.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    WTF why does Dulac feel so compelled to rain on this parade? I personally like Ben's version much better and I don't need Dulac pointing out if it was true or not. Sometimes reporters need to know when to leave well enough alone.
    Really though...everyone is getting excited because Dobbs threw a 20 yard pass to JuJu. It’s one pass and it’s what he gets paid to do...lol. It’s not the be all end all. It’s not like he threw a Super Bowl winning TD to Santonio Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Big long tweet
    LMAO. He (David Todd) comes out talking about how stats are sometimes contrived, but his isn't. Then he finishes it up with a completely contrived stat. 100 yard rushing games. Really? Last year, Bell had four 100 yard games. Year before, he had 8 100 yard games. Before that, he had 3 100 yard games. Before that, he had 4 one hundred yard games. Total? 20 100-yard games.

I really don't care if we keep Bell or not, but if we're going to play the stat game, at least be honest with it. Don't pick the few stats where Conner comes out better than Bell. Personally, I really have my doubts about Bell playing at the same level. So, I'm all for Conner the rest of the way. But cherrypicking stats is pretty funny.

(Oh, and their 17-3 in those 20 games as well).

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Really though...everyone is getting excited because Dobbs threw a 20 yard pass to JuJu. It’s one pass and it’s what he gets paid to do...lol. It’s not the be all end all. It’s not like he threw a Super Bowl winning TD to Santonio Holmes.
    One pass when he's cold, hasn't thrown one in regular season and they are backed up at their own 5 with momentum gone to Ravens. You cant say the play won them the game but it was a huge assist. Landry would have thrown a pick or taken a safety.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

That's even better then. Shows the faith The Steelers have in Dobbs to let him try that risky throw.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    One pass when he's cold, hasn't thrown one in regular season and they are backed up at their own 5 with momentum gone to Ravens. You cant say the play won them the game but it was a huge assist.
    It was clutch in a very high pressure situation. It was also a very pretty pass lasered dead on target. Not a lot of QBs I know can walk in off the bench cold and do what he did.
    I won't say he gets a game ball for it, but I do give him props. If he failed to connect or screwed it up, our odds of winning that game would've gone way down.
    For those who are unfamiliar with what Dobbs can do, check this out:

This is why Fichtner was comfortable calling this play: He knows that Dobbs will hit what he's aiming for and can escape pressure.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Absolutely

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

"You can always trust a Conner whether its to destroy skynet or the Ravens playoff chances"

That is a great line!