Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Puts Blame On Brown And Tomlin; Believes AB Will Be Traded

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Emmanuel Sanders Puts Blame On Brown And Tomlin; Believes AB Will Be Traded

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Huh? Manning made a career of throwing his teammates under the bus.
    Protection issues...classic Peyton...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Emmanuel Sanders Puts Blame On Brown And Tomlin; Believes AB Will Be Traded

Manning calling Vanderjagt an “idiot kicker”. Much respect!! Very “teammate positive” thing to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

But but Peyton Manning walks on water.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I should clarify. For me, and only speaking for myself - I do not blame anything AB has or hasn't done on Ben. Just as I don't blame or credit anything Ben has done to anyone else. Related, I do not believe that just because a player has poor impulse control, is not a leader off the field, and is more than a bit of jerk, doesn't mean they can not be a prominent member of a successful franchise.

I wasn't responding to you Mojouw. I was just making a general statement based on what I am reading from a lot of people here. I started typing it before you posted yours.

Ben was wrong when he put himself in bad situations off the field. He is wrong when he says too much in the media and publicly criticizes players. That's on him.

AB was wrong when he went live on social media with Mike Tomlin's private speech to a closed locker room. He is wrong when he throws a fit on the field and shows his quarterback up all the time. He is wrong when he goes to the sideline and freaks out screaming, cursing, and losing his mind on coaches and quarterbacks,. He is wrong when he trolls ownership, his head coach, and anyone else he tries to show up on social media with pictures and sarcastic remarks. He is wrong when he walks out on the team, as he apparently did 4 times this year by reports I have heard. He's wrong when he throws furniture from his window with zero regard for anyone that may be injured or killed below.

All his bizarre behavior off the field and his divisive behavior within the team framework has created a debris field IMO. I hold AB responsible for his actions that are hurting the team, and the people that had the power to check him a long time ago but chose to kick the can down the road as his ego got bigger and we now find out his traveling shitshow and social media extravaganza was only the tip of the iceberg.

I've never been a professional athlete, but I've been in more than a few locker rooms. One guy treating people like shit, breaking all the rules and allowed to get a way with it, and quitting on the team doesn't go over very well in large groups of aggressive men with ego's of their own when they feel that player has gotten out of hand or has been allowed to have his toxic behavior permeate the entire room where it affects everyone negatively. It isn't a good feeling to be in that room. Nobody is happy about that particular player, or the coaches that have allowed it all to unfold without handling it before it blew up in everyone's faces.

It divides people that are supposed to all be pulling in the same direction. NFL players can overlook a lot, and they do. That's what makes this so bad. When so many are saying that it's mostly one guy, you know that so much has already happened and some of it has been so bad that we may never even hear about.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I wasn't responding to you Mojouw. I was just making a general statement based on what I am reading from a lot of people here. I started typing it before you posted yours.

Ben was wrong when he put himself in bad situations off the field. He is wrong when he says too much in the media and publicly criticizes players. That's on him.

AB was wrong when he went live on social media with Mike Tomlin's private speech to a closed locker room. He is wrong when he throws a fit on the field and shows his quarterback up all the time. He is wrong when he goes to the sideline and freaks out screaming, cursing, and losing his mind on coaches and quarterbacks,. He is wrong when he trolls ownership, his head coach, and anyone else he tries to show up on social media with pictures and sarcastic remarks. He is wrong when he walks out on the team, as he apparently did 4 times this year by reports I have heard. He's wrong when he throws furniture from his window with zero regard for anyone that may be injured or killed below.

All his bizarre behavior off the field and his divisive behavior within the team framework has created a debris field IMO. I hold AB responsible for his actions that are hurting the team, and the people that had the power to check him a long time ago but chose to kick the can down the road as his ego got bigger and we now find out his traveling shitshow and social media extravaganza was only the tip of the iceberg.

I've never been a professional athlete, but I've been in more than a few locker rooms. One guy treating people like shit, breaking all the rules and allowed to get a way with it, and quitting on the team doesn't go over very well in large groups of aggressive men with ego's of their own when they feel that player has gotten out of hand or has been allowed to have his toxic behavior permeate the entire room where it affects everyone negatively. It isn't a good feeling to be in that room. Nobody is happy about that particular player, or the coaches that have allowed it all to unfold without handling it before it blew up in everyone's faces.

It divides people that are supposed to all be pulling in the same direction. NFL players can overlook a lot, and they do. That's what makes this so bad. When so many are saying that it's mostly one guy, you know that so much has already happened and some of it has been so bad that we may never even hear about.
    No worries! Just wanted to chime in and I believe I am in basic agreement with you. I can not disagree with anything you have posted about AB.

Should be a kinda wild 2-4 months as the team tries to figure out how to get everyone moving in the same direction.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Addressing the bigger problem of getting Ben to tone down his gunslinger persona is another matter. In the Chiefs game yesterday Collinsworth said Mahomes recognized he needed to dial back taking chances after his 3 INT game against the Rams (in which Mahomes threw 6 TD passes). The Ben response to questions about dumb INTs is that he is a gunslinger. That is going to be tough to change at this stage of Ben’s career.
    I agree. It really reminds me of the twilight of Favre's career. Rather than play like the wise and experienced veteran, he played like the old gunslinger that still thought he was the young gunslinger....and shot himself in the foot with bad decisions and costly INT's. Ben really has maybe 2 years left in the career, so I don't expect him to change, but am really just looking forward to the next version of the Steelers.

Lets face it. Ben Roethilisberger's window to win another Lombardi has already closed.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

It's too bad Ben's last name isn't Manning and his daddy was named Archie. All would be forgiven....and forgotten. #saintpeyton

The mysterious 1994 incident between Peyton Manning and a Tennessee trainer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/02/19/the-mysterious-1994-incident-between-peyton-manning-and-a-tennessee-trainer/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.02c485aca361

https://www.inquisitr.com/1486872/pe...ith-a-witness/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree. It really reminds me of the twilight of Favre's career. Rather than play like the wise and experienced veteran, he played like the old gunslinger that still thought he was the young gunslinger....and shot himself in the foot with bad decisions and costly INT's. Ben really has maybe 2 years left in the career, so I don't expect him to change, but am really just looking forward to the next version of the Steelers.

Lets face it. Ben Roethilisberger's window to win another Lombardi has already closed.
    I have to disagree with that last part. I don't believe any windows have closed for Big Ben. While I do agree he still has too much of a 'gun slinger' approach, it certainly served him well a few times this year as well. And cost him a few times, I get it. Point is that as long as he CAN, he will. And he still CAN.

As bitter-sweet as it is, I too am looking forward to seeing the next version.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I have to disagree with that last part. I don't believe any windows have closed for Big Ben. While I do agree he still has too much of a 'gun slinger' approach, it certainly served him well a few times this year as well. And cost him a few times, I get it. Point is that as long as he CAN, he will. And he still CAN.

As bitter-sweet as it is, I too am looking forward to seeing the next version.
    Yeah, that is fine and I appreciate your optimism.

I look at the only times that Ben went to the Super Bowl were when the Steelers had a top performing defense and a locker room with the type of leadership that gets teams to championships. The Steelers have neither of those and likely will not before Ben finishes his career with the Steelers, so I really don't expect the Steelers to be able to make it to an AFCCG, let alone a Super Bowl any time soon.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

2016 and 2017 were the last shots for this current group of Steelers to win the 7th. They couldn't do it. Bell and Brown have likely played their last games for the Steelers.

From here on, we'll get more seasons like 2018. A team good enough to contend and be in the mix, but not good enough to get anywhere near the top. The days of the Steelers being an AFC Power ended when they walked off the field on January 14, 2018.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

With the current group of coaches and minus AB...no matter what they draft, this team won’t compete for a championship...not even for a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    2016 and 2017 were the last shots for this current group of Steelers to win the 7th. They couldn't do it. Bell and Brown have likely played their last games for the Steelers.

From here on, we'll get more seasons like 2018. A team good enough to contend and be in the mix, but not good enough to get anywhere near the top. The days of the Steelers being an AFC Power ended when they walked off the field on January 14, 2018.
    OK, so a lot of fair weather fans that are used to seeing AFC North and AFC Central titles will leave the bandwagon. I'm fine with that. More room for me to stretch my legs out and enjoy the games.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    With the current group of coaches and minus AB...no matter what they draft, this team won’t compete for a championship...not even for a playoff spot.
    Kind of where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Kind of where we are now.
    Lol

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    That's an ignorant leap. Yeah we get it. Ben had some early career off the field issues. And granted he sticks his foot in his mouth a few times every season with his comments. But to call him a crappy human being! I call bullshit! Did he not give you an autograph when you interrupted his dinner? Or not tip your bartender friend what he thought he was due? ( I can make leaps too)

Bottom line from what I gather since he's completed his league mandated suspension his off the field behavior has been completely above board. He's seems to be a dedicated family man. True to his best friends. And a good father, son and husband. He's also fiercely loyal to the Steelers and the Rooneys. Has anyone ever seen any indication that he has any desire to not retire a Steeler?

Yes he's got some diva- drama queen in him. But to call him a crappy human is bullshit! I lost a lot of respect for you for that comment.
    Wow Zu goes old school Jeremy? references

I agree Ben was very immature and couldn't handle his early success. I think he was a pretty lousy person. But he seems like a good family man now and his off field life is pretty straight.

His leadership kinda sucks though

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    They do when there is literally tens of millions of dollars at stake.

Ben has a lot more to lose than the average sex offender.
    Tell it to Harvey Weinstein.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Tell it to Harvey Weinstein.
    Big difference when you have almost an entire industry backing you for 30 years and a lot of hush money being paid out to the victims and to the police covering up your sleeziness. Ben had no one backing him and it was out in the open for all to see. No one was trying to cover it up.

You almost had me though. I had to spend 30 seconds thinking of a reply instead of just typing.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Big difference when you have almost an entire industry backing you for 30 years and a lot of hush money being paid out to the victims and to the police covering up your sleeziness. Ben had no one backing him and it was out in the open for all to see. No one was trying to cover it up.

You almost had me though. I had to spend 30 seconds thinking of a reply instead of just typing.
    A true sexual predator will always be true to their core no matter what they have to lose. It's their nature and outside of being absolutely removed from any temptation, (such as a child predator in prison ) they will seek and find a way to do what comes natural to them. If you don't think for a minute that Ben couldn't score woman on road trips and during the offseason then you're an absolute idiot. The fact he hasn't had the remotest rumor of infidelity or improper conduct such as boorish behavior towards woman in a bar since being cleared by the GBI should tell you that whatever happened back then wasn't sexual assault.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

A true sexual predator will always be true to their core no matter what they have to lose. It's their nature and outside of being absolutely removed from any temptation, (such as a child predator in prison ) they will seek and find a way to do what comes natural to them. If you don't think for a minute that Ben couldn't score woman on road trips and during the offseason then you're an absolute idiot. The fact he hasn't had the remotest rumor of infidelity or improper conduct such as boorish behavior towards woman in a bar since being cleared by the GBI should tell you that whatever happened back then wasn't sexual assault.
    I never said he was a true sexual predator. In fact, I didn't say anything as to what I thought Ben was or is. I said that he had a lot to lose compared to the average sex offender, due to what would ultimately be at stake.

There is a huge degree of difference between a sex offender and a rapist. A person flashing genitalia in public can be classified as a sex offender. That is not a rapist. A sex offender (generalized) is an asshole. A rapist is a dysfunctional person with a disgusting problem.

Ben is an asshole. It is sometimes easy to pretend to not be an asshole for money. I do it at work all the time

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Wow Zu goes old school Jeremy?
    "Fuck off, kid, you don't have tits!"

Ben is an asshole. It is sometimes easy to pretend to not be an asshole for money. I do it at work all the time
    This is the thing that true homers cannot separate in their mind. Its not unusual for sports legends to be jerks and still be great athletes. Its OK, it just happens in some cases.

-Joe Montana let his wife know he was leaving her, thru a note he left at the 49ers front office secretary for her to pick up. Kind of a a hole move.
    -Ken Stabler had drugs planted in a reporters car and then informed the police the guy was in possession of cocaine. Framing a media member is a real douche move IMO.
    -Lance Armstrong was winning bike races, selling yellow bracelets and getting rich, while intimidating and destroying the lives of those that confronted his drug use. He was a true asshole while most of America loved him and trusted him.
    -Tyreek Hill choked the mother of his child to the point of unconsciousness while in college....but fans think the guy is amazing.

So its not absurd to think that over all the years that Ben is somewhat of a jerk and not the greatest with being a leader, but has 2 super bowl rings. I think he has fallen back into being his alter ego of Big Ben, like he referenced some 8-10 years ago. But I really don't care. I have always been a Steeler fan, more than a fan of any one player.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    You mean the entitled jerk is till an entitled jerk - he just got better at faking it? Weird, who would’ve thunk it?

Ben R is a HOF QB but a pretty crappy human and a terrible off-field leader. Has been since day one.
    I believe Ben may have made some not so smart choices when he was younger but then I think most of us are guilty of that. I give Ben a lot of credit for maturing into a much better individual, getting married and having children may have had a lot to do with that.