Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Munchak ??

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Munchak ??

rumors swirling he will not be retained by the Bronco's ...

Broncos 0-Line was anything but special under his watch ...

He was great here , we have an opening if he would come back should we try and get him back ??

I say YES!!!!
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Munchak ??

Of course if he want to be back!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Of course if he want to be back!

agreed.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

No doubt about that he great things with the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

One of the reasons Munchak left Pittsburgh was he was disgusted by all of the drama surrounding the team. That was the AB meltdown time period.

I highly doubt he would entertain the idea of returning while Tomlin is still driving the clown car.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorndikeFFA View Post
    One of the reasons Munchak left Pittsburgh was he was disgusted by all of the drama surrounding the team. That was the AB meltdown time period.

I highly doubt he would entertain the idea of returning while Tomlin is still driving the clown car.

from my understanding the reason he wanted out was to be near his daughter and grandchildren who live in the Denver area .........
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    from my understanding the reason he wanted out was to be near his daughter and grandchildren who live in the Denver area .........
    Shhh! Don't distract him with the facts. He's on his talking point roll. Between him and Steeldude's recent re-appearance, I almost have my Steelers Off-Season message board bingo card filled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Shhh! Don't distract him with the facts. He's on his talking point roll. Between him and Steeldude's recent re-appearance, I almost have my Steelers Off-Season message board bingo card filled out.
    And it was more on AB and also Bell,the drama that the steelers had in 2018...Since this time,not a lot of drama for the steelers

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

I would love to see Munch back, But i don't think that will happen, it sounds like he wants to do the family thing being close to his daughter plus I really don't think he needs the money or headaches with this O-line.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If he's available and wants to come back, hell yes

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Let's bring back Cowher too!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

His performance in Pittsburgh was great. I would welcome him back.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Yeah, instead he opted for a lateral transfer to the shitshow that the Denver Broncos have been ever since since Bowlen stepped down due to Alzheimer's and his daughters have been engaged in an extended catfight over ownership of the team. Awesome career move!

This. Munchak himself even made mention of that being the reason.

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

No drama since AB left? Did you fall and hit your head?

I admit that my take on this sort of thing is shaded by my abject hate for anything Tomlin. The sight of the man makes me dry heave.

Now, will some of you also admit to your non-stop Tomlin nut hugging? I already know the answer.

Munchak has been a solid player and coach around the NFL for a long time. Of course he's not going to make a public statement. Duh! But I also recall a lot of people discussing this at the time. If you don't think that the constant drama wasn't a factor in our best OL coach in decades moving on you're deluding yourself.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I admit that my take on this sort of thing is shaded by my abject hate for anything Tomlin. The sight of the man makes me dry heave.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Thousand-yard stare!

c'mon....(in response for post 15)

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

they should give him a call, i just hope they're willing to open the wallet for a coaching staff this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    they should give him a call, i just hope they're willing to open the wallet for a coaching staff this year.
    I can't help but wonder if the Steelers can't afford better? After all, Dan and Art II were saddled with all that debt back in 2008 when they were forced to restructure ownership because Dan's siblings owned *GASP* racetracks, never minding that the league in 2022 has a team in Vegas and every other commercial during a game now is for a sports betting app.

The Rooneys are part of the NFL's (fading) old guard (which, IMO, Goodell has gone to great lengths to marginalize) and were never billionaires like pretty much the rest of the league's ownership are.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the Steelers can't afford better? After all, Dan and Art II were saddled with all that debt back in 2008 when they were forced to restructure ownership because Dan's siblings owned *GASP* racetracks, never minding that the league in 2022 has a team in Vegas and every other commercial during a game now is for a sports betting app.

The Rooneys are part of the NFL's (fading) old guard (which, IMO, Goodell has gone to great lengths to marginalize) and were never billionaires like pretty much the rest of the league's ownership are.
    they’ve always been tight with money, even during the 70’s, but then they shell out big bucks for Ben and TJ. As far as coaching staffs, they probably haven’t been convinced or haven’t caught up to the new ways of assembling a staff. Like you said they’re an old school organization

they’ve always been tight with money, even during the 70’s, but then they shell out big bucks for Ben and TJ. As far as coaching staffs, they probably haven’t been convinced or haven’t caught up to the new ways of assembling a staff. Like you said they’re an old school organization
    The Rooneys' multimillionaire wealth has come strictly from the NFL, whereas the owners of pretty much every other team are all multibillionaires whose wealth came from the corporate world. Art II is probably the "poorest" owner in the league, relatively speaking, and by a large margin.

There's a huge difference between being a multimillionaire and a multibillionaire. That's why I always found Seahawks' fans charges of the Rooneys paying off the refs in SB XL laughable when Paul Allen could have bought and sold the Rooneys 100 times over.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Exactly that's why we call them the cheap Rooneys!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

You do realize the coaches salary and players contracts come from two very different sacks of money. Please post coaches salaries. I can’t find it. How incredibly cheap are the Rooneys? That whole “DI-VEST” thing was ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    That whole “DI-VEST” thing was ludicrous.
    Indeed. Considering the way the league is in bed with all kinds of gambling interests nowadays, the hypocrisy's so thick you could cut it with a knife. But it's been painfully obvious for years that the "Mom & Pop" Rooneys just don't fit with Goodell's "corporate vision" for the NFL, so...

It's amazing that they've been able to continue to field a halfway competitive product at all.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think the whole the Rooneys are cheap thing is basically a myth. Maybe decades ago? I don't know.

But in the cap era, they are one of the ONLY teams that spends to the cap every year. I seem to remember Cowher being pretty well compensated and there are numerous reports that Tomlin is one of the highest paid coaches in the league.

Plus, have they ever lost a coach over salary? Have they ever interviewed, offered, and had a coach turn it down? I don't remember that happening.

What is the evidence of the Rooney's being cheap? I am not aware of any.

It is very true that they are perhaps the most cash poor ownership group in the league...but they seem to always find a way to pony up.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Da Raidahs paid $100 million for Gruden.

More expensive does not always mean better.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think the whole the Rooneys are cheap thing is basically a myth. Maybe decades ago? I don't know.

But in the cap era, they are one of the ONLY teams that spends to the cap every year. I seem to remember Cowher being pretty well compensated and there are numerous reports that Tomlin is one of the highest paid coaches in the league.

Plus, have they ever lost a coach over salary? Have they ever interviewed, offered, and had a coach turn it down? I don't remember that happening.

What is the evidence of the Rooney's being cheap? I am not aware of any.

It is very true that they are perhaps the most cash poor ownership group in the league...but they seem to always find a way to pony up.
    The NFL has a built-in guaranteed profit for every team through its shared revenue split. You literally cannot lose money even if you are spending all the way up to the cap and paying your staff lavishly. You would need to be on some other capital expenditure spree, and not much will do it unless it's financing a new stadium. I think the Cardinals managed to record a net loss straight-up once, like 20 years ago when they were terrible, and it was only a couple million, and they're one of the only teams ever to do it in the salary cap era.

Bottom line, being "cheap" is a myth. There is no advantage whatsoever anymore if the owner has more money. Also, even if there was - the Rooneys are the face of the franchise, but they own the minimum 30% or close to it. The "minority" owners are the standard list of big money from Wall Street and elsewhere, and put together are probably the majority (not sure how much the McGinley family still owns).
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://www.audacy.com/937thefan/spo...steelers-coach

Pro Football Hall of Famer Mike Munchak hinting on the Cook and Joe Show on 93.7 The Fan Friday that the Steelers called him about returning as the offensive line coach in 2022
    Fingers crossed!