Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1602

Thread: Fire Canada

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Fire Canada

The offense doesn’t get the ball to playmakers though…lol

It barely moves…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If Canada’s offense is to just get the ball to the playmakers and then hope for good things….he needs to be strapped to a chair with his eyeballs glued open and force fed 49ers, Eagles, and a bit of Falcons tape. Because that’s what those teams do, but only in really smart ways.

Next he should be forced to watch 10000 plays of receivers catching the ball while moving.

Maybe then he’d at least hallucinate some good designs.
    Again, I think we are ALL on the same page about Canada and his offensive system. My post is more asking if he is trying to run things like the 49ers, Eagles, or Falcons, what are some personnel moves that can be helpful toward that end. Our current playmakers are either very young or simply don't make enough plays. OL improvement is 1 obvious move this offseason. Maybe bring in the next DHB type veteran? Draft more young talent? Run more 2TE sets? Run more spread with 4 WRs? IDK.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Again, I think we are ALL on the same page about Canada and his offensive system. My post is more asking if he is trying to run things like the 49ers, Eagles, or Falcons, what are some personnel moves that can be helpful toward that end. Our current playmakers are either very young or simply don't make enough plays. OL improvement is 1 obvious move this offseason. Maybe bring in the next DHB type veteran? Draft more young talent? Run more 2TE sets? Run more spread with 4 WRs? IDK.
    It’s not a talent issue. You could have HOF at every position. Wouldn’t matter. This offense does not put players in a position to be successful.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...-receiver/all/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...tight-end/all/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...ning-back/all/

What players from these lists make you guys think 'offense upgrade' and gives us a better chance to win in 2023?

Zach Gentry is an UFA. He was our TE2 behind PF. Do we bring him and his playmaking ability back for another season or 2, or do we want someone to be an upgrade from his production to help improve the overall offense? We really can't draft a TE this year with our other needs, so FA it is.

Another UFA is RB Samaje Perine who ran very well for the Bengals the past 2 seasons in a backup role. Not saying this particular player specifically, but Najee, Warren, and ??? could help improve this offense overall. And another position I don't see us drafting this year.
    Last edited by Born2Steel; 02-18-2023 at 09:18 AM.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../pit/index.htm

According to this chart, we were a 400pts/season team until Matt Canada. We score 100 fewer points with his offense. He sucks, no denying that. I'm looking for ways to improve the offense despite him since we are stuck with him for at least another season. Players has to be part of that answer.

It’s not a talent issue. You could have HOF at every position. Wouldn’t matter. This offense does not put players in a position to be successful.

BUT....when I read on this forum how teams like the Eagles and Chiefs were willing to make personnel moves to help with needs to get better and how those moves helped them get to the SB, and how the Steelers just refuse to do what it takes...
    Then when talking about the steelers specifically, the response is we are fine personnel-wise, it won't matter if we make changes, we're doomed no matter what....

I just thought it was worth exploring personnel options.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

BUT....when I read on this forum how teams like the Eagles and Chiefs were willing to make personnel moves to help with needs to get better and how those moves helped them get to the SB, and how the Steelers just refuse to do what it takes...
    Then when talking about the steelers specifically, the response is we are fine personnel-wise, it won't matter if we make changes, we're doomed no matter what....

I just thought it was worth exploring personnel options.
    On offense it is just about, for me, upgrading the left side of the OL and then kicking some starters along the OL into back-up positions. I would love to see an upgrade at LT drafted and Moore become either the new LG. Or make him the swing tackle. He will leave after his rookie contract if that is the case, but so be it. Dotson becomes the primary back-up at guard. Green gets a swag bag and a pink slip. I wouldn't mind a draft pick at either C or Guard either.

At TE...gotta resign Gentry. Of PF, Heyward the Younger, and Gentry...Gentry is the only one that is a credible blocker. He catches enough for a #2 TE.

At WR...I bring Sims and Boykin back for their value on STs. My top 3 are some combination of DJ, Pickens, and CAIII. So I would spend a draft pick there as well. Need to add another sturdy big bodied WR to the group. Honestly, someone who looks like Claypool or Juju. They have enough little midget guys.

At RB, Harris and Warren are going to take all the snaps. So...get a contrasting guy. Get what McFarland was supposed to be. Pacheco for KC was selected in the 7th round. Find this year's that guy.

That is a 4 of 7 picks on offense. I would largely stay out of FA altogether on the offensive side of the ball. The offense is really young at all the key starting positions. Adding to that is better done via the draft rather than guys that didn't get second contracts or aging veterans.

On offense it is just about, for me, upgrading the left side of the OL and then kicking some starters along the OL into back-up positions. I would love to see an upgrade at LT drafted and Moore become either the new LG. Or make him the swing tackle. He will leave after his rookie contract if that is the case, but so be it. Dotson becomes the primary back-up at guard. Green gets a swag bag and a pink slip. I wouldn't mind a draft pick at either C or Guard either.

At TE...gotta resign Gentry. Of PF, Heyward the Younger, and Gentry...Gentry is the only one that is a credible blocker. He catches enough for a #2 TE.

At WR...I bring Sims and Boykin back for their value on STs. My top 3 are some combination of DJ, Pickens, and CAIII. So I would spend a draft pick there as well. Need to add another sturdy big bodied WR to the group. Honestly, someone who looks like Claypool or Juju. They have enough little midget guys.

At RB, Harris and Warren are going to take all the snaps. So...get a contrasting guy. Get what McFarland was supposed to be. Pacheco for KC was selected in the 7th round. Find this year's that guy.

That is a 4 of 7 picks on offense. I would largely stay out of FA altogether on the offensive side of the ball. The offense is really young at all the key starting positions. Adding to that is better done via the draft rather than guys that didn't get second contracts or aging veterans.
    I can see your points there. On the TE front I say at least explore the FA list and see who's available. I don't necessarily have a problem bringing Gentry back and I like how we used Heyward, I'm just looking at how to upgrade that room.

If the Steelers re-sign Sutton, I still think we draft a CB. A ILB will be brought to TC whether by draft or FA. Just my opinion but with Watt, Highsmith, Heyward, Leal, and Adams as our pass rush, I'm not a huge fan of drafting DL. So most of the draft selections should be on offense this year. Make KP the focus moving forward. Upgrade the OL and upgrade the weapons around him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I can see your points there. On the TE front I say at least explore the FA list and see who's available. I don't necessarily have a problem bringing Gentry back and I like how we used Heyward, I'm just looking at how to upgrade that room.

If the Steelers re-sign Sutton, I still think we draft a CB. A ILB will be brought to TC whether by draft or FA. Just my opinion but with Watt, Highsmith, Heyward, Leal, and Adams as our pass rush, I'm not a huge fan of drafting DL. So most of the draft selections should be on offense this year. Make KP the focus moving forward. Upgrade the OL and upgrade the weapons around him.
    TE room with Gentry doesn't need an upgrade. That "upgrade resource" (money/time) would be much better spent elsewhere. Gentry, Freiermuth, Heyward may be the best trio as a whole that this team has ever had at one time. Really...maybe Miller, Spaeth and Tuman? I'd take the current room over the latter.

I agree with everything else. I think Porter is the target...I'm not sure he makes it past the Eagles at 10 though...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    TE room with Gentry doesn't need an upgrade. That "upgrade resource" (money/time) would be much better spent elsewhere. Gentry, Freiermuth, Heyward may be the best trio as a whole that this team has ever had at one time. Really...maybe Miller, Spaeth and Tuman? I'd take the current room over the latter.

I agree with everything else. I think Porter is the target...I'm not sure he makes it past the Eagles at 10 though...
    OK, but Gentry is an UFA.

OK, but Gentry is an UFA.
    Yeah. I’d sign him for the going rate. Can’t be that much..

Watching the NFL Classics this morning - Super Bowl 43…. I forgot what the offense looked like when it would scheme receivers open…if only they had an O-Line at that time they might have won multiple Championships…

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Watching the NFL Classics this morning - Super Bowl 43…. I forgot what the offense looked like when it would scheme receivers open…if only they had an O-Line at that time they might have won multiple Championships…
    And this is the same thing if we look at the playoffs run in 2005 or the complete 2004 and 2005 season.It was so good!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Except that was back when Ben's "golf buddy/caddy" Arians was the OC...who most Steelers fans also hated and wanted fired...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Bruce Arians was the OC those days and he was horrendous if not more so than Canada. I remember lots of Steelers fans wanting him gone.

His offenses had no concept of running the ball/short yardage and nearly every pass play was a long developing route that forced Ben to rely on extending plays and got frequently killed behind porous O-Lines. 2008 consisted of Strong Defenses and late game Ben heroics to win games, not any offensive genius Arians did.

The Steelers Offense was really not great then, despite a lot of talent at the skill positions. Because their O-Line was so bad.

Fire Canada

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Except that was back when Ben's "golf buddy/caddy" Arians was the OC...who most Steelers fans also hated and wanted fired...
    His bubble screens sucked…but at least they could move the ball every now and again. They couldn’t finish game on offense though…with a lead…

Still better than Canada…

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Bruce Arians was the OC those days and he was horrendous if not more so than Canada. I remember lots of Steelers fans wanting him gone.

His offenses had no concept of running the ball/short yardage and nearly every pass play was a long developing route that forced Ben to rely on extending plays and got frequently killed behind porous O-Lines. 2008 consisted of Strong Defenses and late game Ben heroics to win games, not any offensive genius Arians did.

The Steelers Offense was really not great then, despite a lot of talent at the skill positions. Because their O-Line was so bad.
    Not even remotely close to as bad as Canada…lol

His bubble screens sucked…but at least they could move the ball every now and again. They couldn’t finish game on offense though…with a lead…

Still better than Canada…
    Bruce Arians was unmatched moving the ball between the 20's, but when it got to the redzone, it crashed.

Not even remotely close to as bad as Canada…lol
    Oh no? Come talk to me when Matt Canada pulls off a offensive gameplan like this....

Bruce Arians was unmatched moving the ball between the 20's, but when it got to the redzone, it crashed.

Oh no? Come talk to me when Matt Canada pulls off a offensive gameplan like this....

I will never judge a player or a coach in their worst game....Dick LeBeau was a amazing DC but the game before vs Raiders were even worst but nobody talk about it for some reason.

Arians as a whole vs Canada as a whole? They aren’t remotely close to comparable…Arians is far and away a better OC and coach.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

That Browns game is what brought me to the Fire Arians side. Seriously WTF.

And then with the we don't practice or game plan for a specific Defense.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

The hate to Arians is way too big....He won the super bowl as OC and as HC.He also won the coach of the year twice.Compared Arians to Canada is a huge insult for him...Even a coach can have bad game sometimes especially on a Thursday night on a short week after a awful loss against the lowly Raiders few day before because of the terrible fourth quarter defense....This defense were that bad in the fourth quarter in 2009 that Tomlin had decided to go for a onside kick against Green Bay later UP by 2 points with less that 3 minutes left in that game....And it was the right decision.This defense were that bad in the clutch in 2009 so to blame all that on Arians because of just one game on a short week is so lazy

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I will never judge a player or a coach in their worst game....Dick LeBeau was a amazing DC but the game before vs Raiders were even worst but nobody talk about it for some reason.
    Well there's also this

http://www.stillers.com/Article/View...2-0320229d0bfc
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Absence makes the heart grow fonder indeed.

Ben Roethlisberger ‘Absolutely’ Had Differences Of Opinion With Canada About Offense, But Says ‘Matt Has A Great Mind For The Game

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/03/be...medium=twitter

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../pit/index.htm

According to this chart, we were a 400pts/season team until Matt Canada. We score 100 fewer points with his offense. He sucks, no denying that. I'm looking for ways to improve the offense despite him since we are stuck with him for at least another season. Players has to be part of that answer.
    Fun Fact: The Steelers never won anything with their great offenses, and in big games our "400 point offenses" never showed up and it always came down to the Defense having to make a stop. If they didn't. We lost.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Ben Roethlisberger ‘Absolutely’ Had Differences Of Opinion With Canada About Offense, But Says ‘Matt Has A Great Mind For The Game

It's stuff like this that make it hard for me to take Ben seriously. In fact, I don't.

Fun Fact: The Steelers never won anything with their great offenses, and in big games our "400 point offenses" never showed up and it always came down to the Defense having to make a stop. If they didn't. We lost.
    It did not help that the defense were complete garbage vs Jaguars....The steelers offense were against the best defense,yes they make some errors but the defense give up at least 31 points.....Last 4 playoffs loss,the steelers gave up on average 40 points per game....Not all their fault but still garbage

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    His tweets are just as hilarious

That title of the article is just clickbait. Lol. What Ben said was nothing any other QB wouldn’t say about an OC. Patrick Mahomes would say the same thing about Eric Bienemy or Big Red.