Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders unhappy with Bryant thus far

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Raiders unhappy with Bryant thus far

Oakland Raiders head coach Jon Gruden indicated Saturday that he hasn't been impressed with wide receiver Martavis Bryant in training camp thus far.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1580026Raiders
    Last edited by stillers4me; 08-06-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Raiders unhappy with Braynt thus far

"He's had some illnesses."

That sounds familiar - Bryant misses more days due to short term "illnesses" than a pre-schooler.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Martavis not working hard , not a team player ,

and here I thought he was the best WR in the game

looks like the Steelers still know when its time to a player ...
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Anyone still complaining about trading Bryant?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    This may not be a long term solution

Bryant can’t move around the way receivers usually do because the Raiders are trying to simplify Bryant’s learning process by having him line up in the same place on every play.
    “They’ve only got him lining up in one spot to try to slow it down and help him out,”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dens-playbook/

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Raiders unhappy with Bryant thus far

....and some fans think the Steelers are worse off without Bryant on the roster.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    ....and some fans think the Steelers are worse off without Bryant on the roster.
    Yeah. I got a heaping plate of crow coming my way.

Appears that Bryant while supremely talented is just also ferociously dumb.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Makes you appreciate Richard Mann even more.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

For me its not about the crow. I'm not looking to pour salt anywhere. I just am a firm believer that you need to have the right people with you with the right attitude on the bus with you if you are all travelling in the same direction. Team guys that are invested in the teammates next to them and trust their teammates and want to goto work and war with them.

Bryant had several chances, he let his team down by his year long suspension and his attitude in that year off was that "he didn't owe any of them an explanation". Then the tweets about drafting Sammie Coates and JuJu. Then his tweets about playing time and targets and wanting to be traded. I don't know why anybody would want that guy on the Steelers after all that.

Again, Kevin Colbert is a heck of a poker player, because he sat around with no cards to play in the Bryant situation, until the Raiders ate the Oreo and he got a 3rd round pick in Mason Rudolph, for a disgruntled, 2x suspended player that cant pick up a playbook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

For me its not about the crow. I'm not looking to pour salt anywhere. I just am a firm believer that you need to have the right people with you with the right attitude on the bus with you if you are all travelling in the same direction. Team guys that are invested in the teammates next to them and trust their teammates and want to goto work and war with them.

Bryant had several chances, he let his team down by his year long suspension and his attitude in that year off was that "he didn't owe any of them an explanation". Then the tweets about drafting Sammie Coates and JuJu. Then his tweets about playing time and targets and wanting to be traded. I don't know why anybody would want that guy on the Steelers after all that.

Again, Kevin Colbert is a heck of a poker player, because he sat around with no cards to play in the Bryant situation, until the Raiders ate the Oreo and he got a 3rd round pick in Mason Rudolph, for a disgruntled, 2x suspended player that cant pick up a playbook.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Great reference!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Great reference!!!
    I know there are a few posters here who know and appreciate Teddy KGB's tell.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I know there are a few posters here who know and appreciate Teddy KGB's tell.
    Pay the man heez money.

his baby mamma pretty unhappy too

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Did any word ever come out about the possible drug suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Did any word ever come out about the possible drug suspension?

never heard anything more about it ...

I will be the last to defend bryant especially for being a dead beat dad , that said Child support due of 80K ??? come on man thats completely out of hand I know it happens to the rich but this woman ( nor martavis ) where rich when they made the kid , the womans lifestyle and childs lifestyle does not have to equal the rich fathers ... child support should cover HALF the actual cost of feeding / clothing /medical care of the child , a portion of utilities and housing , that said the mother is just as responsible they both laid down and created the child .... the way they figure support is income based and I think thats wacked , it should be the actual cost of raising a child divided by 2 ...

The child should not be a meal ticket for the woman just because the father happens to have a lot of money

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

his baby mamma pretty unhappy too

Gotta love pieces of shit that go around getting women pregnant then try and not support the child, especially when he is probably making at least 20x as much as the baby mama.
    Also I guess the baby mama isn't the crazy woman that was making waves during last season

I will be the last to defend bryant especially for being a dead beat dad , that said Child support due of 80K ??? come on man thats completely out of hand I know it happens to the rich but this woman ( nor martavis ) where rich when they made the kid , the womans lifestyle and childs lifestyle does not have to equal the rich fathers ... child support should cover HALF the actual cost of feeding / clothing /medical care of the child , a portion of utilities and housing , that said the mother is just as responsible they both laid down and created the child .... the way they figure support is income based and I think thats wacked , it should be the actual cost of raising a child divided by 2 ...

The child should not be a meal ticket for the woman just because the father happens to have a lot of money

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I think MB will always be dumb either smoking pot or sober, but he was a much better receiver when he was stoned.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He missed practice yesterday with a “headache”. It’s funny how far some players drop when they go to other teams and live in those different “cultures”. Bryant had issues in Pittsburgh but had some real bright spots on the field...he can’t even get his shit together to get on the practice field in Oakland...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

As we know when players leave the Steelers a lot of them don't seem to play too well.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bryant is think he has a few million $ and he can survive on that. He might also be trying to get cut, so nobody can say he quit. I think he would be happier moving to Canada and getting high all day until he passed out. Football might come after eating snacks and playing video games.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Bryant is think he has a few million $ and he can survive on that. He might also be trying to get cut, so nobody can say he quit. I think he would be happier moving to Canada and getting high all day until he passed out. Football might come after eating snacks and playing video games.
    If invested properly, he can...but we are talking Bryant.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He missed practice yesterday with a “headache”. It’s funny how far some players drop when they go to other teams and live in those different “cultures”. Bryant had issues in Pittsburgh but had some real bright spots on the field...he can’t even get his shit together to get on the practice field in Oakland...
    Same old shit from Bryant - he repeatedly missed practices in Pittsburgh as well due to "illness"

Around the time MB went off the rails at the end of the 2015 season by blowing off/failing drug tests that resulted in Bryant being suspended for the 2016 season he was dogging it and "sick"

Four days before the Steelers’ AFC wild-card playoff game against the Bengals, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger challenged Bryant to “tough it up” Tuesday on his weekly radio show. Roethlisberger said he also talked to Bryant the same day about some of his shortcomings....

Bryant missed two days of practice last week with an illness and was listed as questionable for the Browns game. He dressed and played in the first quarter, but did not play much after Roethlisberger threw an interception on a pass play that targeted him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201601060165

Will be surprised if Bryant makes it through the entire season for the Raiders

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Will be surprised if Bryant makes it through the entire season for the Raiders
    Me too. I hated the trade (Reggie sucks) after reading what a lot of you had to say about him. He's definitely talented, but he seems like a lost individual when it comes to being responsible. I look for Gruden to tire of him, and let him sit. I guess we'll see.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The "gravy train" with Bryant is probably going to end sooner rather than later, because his stupidity is more than likely going to get him drummed right out of the league.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Me too. I hated the trade (Reggie sucks) after reading what a lot of you had to say about him. He's definitely talented, but he seems like a lost individual when it comes to being responsible. I look for Gruden to tire of him, and let him sit. I guess we'll see.
    I thought Gruden had a hand in the trade(?)

As Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden scouted Martavis Bryant, thinks can ‘unleash his greatness’ with Raiders

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

With only names like Jordy Nelson and Amari Cooper ahead of him, you figure he could best the remaining field...
    Probably why he's not really trying. He thinks he will skate his way to a roster spot on potential alone.
    Probably been doing it that way since he started playing in the backyard. He needs to stop licking frogs.