Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

Now that he has been reinstated by Roger, Garrett renews his claim Mason Rudolph triggered Garrett’s assault. Wonder if Roger asked him if it happened before reinstating Garrett?

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrettagain alleged that Pittsburgh Steelersquarterback Mason Rudolph used a racial slur toward him just prior to the brawl at the end of their November game.

"He called me the N-word," Garrett told Outside The Lines' Mina Kimes during an interview that airs Thursday night on SportsCenter. "He called me a 'stupid N-word.'’

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name...burgh-steelers

Garrett could have let it go rather than raise it again on ESPN. Good to see the Browns are as out of control as ever

Sue his ass for defamation Mason

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Garrett Renews Claim Rudolph Called Him N***er

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Took a what 2-3 days after the incident to bring this up? I'd believe him if this was talked about post game but it wasn't.

Coward. Need JuJu to give him the same treatment he gave Burfict.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Took a what 2-3 days after the incident to bring this up? I'd believe him if this was talked about post game but it wasn't.

Coward. Need JuJu to give him the same treatment he gave Burfict.
    Yes, I think it was the following Monday at his league meeting where this narrative came to light. IMO, the fact that seemingly no players on the Browns such as Mayfield or Jarvis Landry, etc had ever heard the accusation until several days after is telling. I mean, if a guy dropped a racial slur on you in a high profile situation like that, you would think Garrett would be bitching about it in the locker room after the game.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

So he's doubling down huh? I think its time for Mason to stand up for himself, he can't just allow his name to be dragged through the mud. I can't even imagine how I would handle this if I were in his shoes. On one hand you want to take the high road and move on, on the other hand your reputation and character are being attacked and this kind of thing can and will follow you for the rest of your life. I think you have to sue now? What other recourse does Mason have at this point?

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yes, I think it was the following Monday at his league meeting where this narrative came to light. IMO, the fact that seemingly no players on the Browns such as Mayfield or Jarvis Landry, etc had ever heard the accusation until several days after is telling. I mean, if a guy dropped a racial slur on you in a high profile situation like that, you would think Garrett would be bitching about it in the locker room after the game.
    Not to mention that Pouncey, who was right there, went full on beserk in Mason's defense. I don't think that would have happened if he heard Rudolph use that word.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

It would explain him teeing off on Rudolph. The thing is, if it's true, "someone" else had to have heard it.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The smart thing to have done following reinstatement was to acknowledge you screwed up, resolve to not happen again, and be thankful that you are allowed to play again. Repeating it again doesn't change the fact that it took him a full week after he did the incident and apologized immediately after saying there was no excuse, especially since repeating does nothing for him except satiate the Steelers haters

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

sue him for defamation, this is ridiculous

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Not to mention that Pouncey, who was right there, went full on beserk in Mason's defense. I don't think that would have happened if he heard Rudolph use that word.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    The claim is that he said it as Garret was tackling him, on the way down. It's possible. Only two people know. My bias says he didn't, but bias is not always the best place to form objective opinions.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I wonder which word gets thrown around on the field.. cracker or the other one..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I wonder which word gets thrown around on the field.. cracker or the other one..
    You mean "crack-a, not crack-er"?

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Still trying to justify his actions rather than owning up to them.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

It doesn’t matter if Myles Garrett is lying or not.

We live in a world today where it doesn’t matter wether or not someone is telling the truth. Some people want to be victims and demand their victimhood be validated. There are also groups of people who will believe it no matter what, because they WANT it to be true. They WANT Mason Rudolph to be a racist. They want a villain. The kicker is, people like Myles are rewarded for accusations.

Al Sharpton. Anita Hill. Christine Blasey-Ford. Duke Lacrosse Scandal. Juicy Smollett. Being a victim is a lucrative career choice.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Man people are so sensitive these days. My black friends back in Pittsburgh called each other that all the time when I grew up there. Heck they even used that word for me being the only white guy that played B-ball with them.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It doesn't matter if he did.

The world is full of crappy people that say and do awful things.

Can't attempt to beat every idiot you cross paths with to death.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Not really complicated stuff.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Al Sharpton. Anita Hill. Christine Blasey-Ford. Duke Lacrosse Scandal. Juicy Smollett. Being a victim is a lucrative career choice.
    FWIW the batshit crazy woman who falsely accused the Duke lacrosse players did not get a dime out of the case. OTOH Duke paid the three lacrosse players who were suspended from Duke after being indicted big $$$ even though the Duke policy at the time was if you got indicted for a felony you got suspended without any independent review of the merits of the indictment

Finnerty, Seligmann, and Evans are thought to have received as much as $20 million each in a confidential settlement with Duke.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...-ryan-mcfadyen

But I agree playing the victim card is a thriving cottage industry that cuts across political, racial and economic class lines

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It doesn't matter if he did.
    It doesn't matter as it relates to Garrett, but it would matter as it relates to Rudolph. I would definitely think way less of him as a person if he said it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It doesn't matter as it relates to Garrett, but it would matter as it relates to Rudolph. I would definitely think way less of him as a person if he said it.
    It may be better for Rudolph to just let it rest, but in order to avoid a lawsuit that will turn into he said/he said (being under oath is a minimal deterrent to someone lying) the smart PR move if he wants to rebut Garrett perhaps is to take a lie detector exam and issue the results or challenge Garrett to both of them taking the exam.

Polygraphs can be beaten but my guess is if Garrett is lying he is not savvy enough to pass a polygraph exam

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Ok, let's say he did call him the n-word; that's still not a reason to physically attack someone.

Why do I get the feeling Garrett uses that word daily?
    Hater = Realist

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Why do I get the feeling Garrett uses that word daily?
    My guess is that he frequently uses the variation of that word that ends with an "A"...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Roger Goodell screwed up reinstating Garrett and allowing him to reiterate his claim that Rudolph used that racial slur...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

League office fires back at Garrett as well

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

What motive would the league have in covering for Mason Rudolph?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

*Assaults another player with a helmet*

*Apologizes the next day*

*A week later claims a racist slur was used*

Garrett's story is totally believable....

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Get a lawyer to shut this asshole up.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Unfortunately, a defamation suit is nearly impossible to win. Rudolph would have to conclusively prove that 1) He did not utter a racial slur and 2) the accusation was made with the intent of causing him harm.
    So even if Rudolph could somehow prove a negative, he'd have to prove that Garrett said this to harm him rather than to justify his own behavior.

His best bet (IMO) is to simply say something along the lines of "people around me know my character and people around him know his" and just let it go at that.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland