Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Draft Order

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Steeler Draft Order

This is without the comp picks...

R2: 49
    R4: 114
    R4: 117 (from Miami through Tenn)*
    R6: 179
    R7: 210

*normslly I’d be rooting for the Titans to lose ASAP, so that the Steelers get a higher pick. But, I want them (at a minimum) to beat the Taperiots... (and, possibly beat the Ravens, as well).

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Hebert looked like trash in the Rose bowl and the last game vs Arizona State. Wonder if that'll drop his draft projection from rd 1 to 2

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Hebert looked like trash in the Rose bowl and the last game vs Arizona State. Wonder if that'll drop his draft projection from rd 1 to 2
    I didn't know anything about Herbert but the hype and Wisconsin made him look useless. Honestly, Wisconsin's defense is good, but NOT staggeringly good. Either Oregon's offense is just really easy to figure out or Hebert is nowhere near as good as the hype. He looked robotic and like he had no feel for the game AT ALL. Based only on 4 quarters against UW - hard pass.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I didn't know anything about Herbert but the hype and Wisconsin made him look useless. Honestly, Wisconsin's defense is good, but NOT staggeringly good. Either Oregon's offense is just really easy to figure out or Hebert is nowhere near as good as the hype. He looked robotic and like he had no feel for the game AT ALL. Based only on 4 quarters against UW - hard pass.
    I don't see Herbert being a franchise guy. He would have fit right into that Blaine Gabbert draft year.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

At this time I think the first TE will be picked late R2 so the Steelers should be in a good position @ R2 and even R4. I like Harrison Bryant, he's got a nose for the 1st down marker and beyond.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    At this time I think the first TE will be picked late R2 so the Steelers should be in a good position @ R2 and even R4
    by the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    by the Steelers
    No I don't expect they will draft a TE, except for the typical tire patch that can't block or catch. The best of this class will be making plays on another team. Makes one wonder why they drafted Miller.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I fully expect them to draft a QB between the 2nd and 4th even though it would be way smarter to sign a veteran as backup QB.

TE would be the smart choice. On drafting OL, without Munchak they don't get nearly as good as without him...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

No I don't expect they will draft a TE, except for the typical tire patch that can't block or catch. The best of this class will be making plays on another team. Makes one wonder why they drafted Miller.
    Hunter Henry is an UFA, the Steelers should cut McDonald and go after him...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d do that in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I liked him in school and he was another TE I hoped the Steelers would have drafted. What concerns me with him now is injuries and cost. As B&G said OJ Howard is another to keep an eye on but he's not much of a blocker. I rather draft a good one, the price is right and they are more teachable in areas where they need work plus you have a good player for 10 years. Having said that Henry or Howard would be an instant upgrade from what we have. I read back in October the pats tried to trade for Howard and the Bucs turned them down. I suspect they would want a lot for him.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d do that in a second.
    I liked him in school and he was another TE I hoped the Steelers would have drafted. What concerns me with him now is injuries and cost. As B&G said OJ Howard is another to keep an eye on but he's not much of a blocker. I rather draft a good one, the price is right and they are more teachable in areas where they need work plus you have a good player for 10 years. Having said that Henry or Howard would be an instant upgrade from what we have. I read back in October the pats tried to trade for Howard and the Bucs turned them down. I suspect they would want a lot for him.
    So if Vance McDonald's 6 million in cap savings if cut and another 3 million magically turned into Hunter Henry + Gentry + Draft Pick -- I mean I don't think anyone would be that upset.

Henry is surprisingly affordable -- https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange.../market-value/

So if Vance McDonald's 6 million in cap savings if cut and another 3 million magically turned into Hunter Henry + Gentry + Draft Pick -- I mean I don't think anyone would be that upset.

Henry is surprisingly affordable -- https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange.../market-value/

That might work work if the Steeler doctor who checks out Henry isn't the same one who gave the ok for Ladarius Green

That might work work if the Steeler doctor who checks out Henry isn't the same one who gave the ok for Ladarius Green
    Excellent point. I think Green's doctor was from Craigslist or something.

Henry, draft Bryant, Trautman or Deguara and Gentry would be #3

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d consider giving Henry the bulk of that McDonald Money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Well, he did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Henry, draft Bryant, Trautman or Deguara and Gentry would be #3
    You misspelled Jared Pinkney...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    You misspelled Jared Pinkney...

I think he will be gone by R4. I don't think the Steelers will pick a TE at R2

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Areas of need(in no specific order): OLB, QB, OL, TE, CB

Wasted picks would be K, P, RB
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Areas of need(in no specific order): OLB, QB, OL, TE, CB

Wasted picks would be K, P, RB
    Huh?

Unless you're thinking about developing 4-6th round pick at CB, I'm not sure why we'd pick one. OLB would be only for backups as the Steelers have stated they're going after Dupree (and with good reason, though I hope it's the franchise tag "prove it" season). TE isn't a need. We simply need our TEs to be healthy.

As for wasted picks, RB and Punter are pretty much necessities at this point. Sure, we can pick a punter from the UDFA list after the draft, but if there's a special punter, I have no problem spending a sixth round pick to make sure we get him, let alone a
    seventh, which is almost a worthless pick anyway. All the seventh rounds does is assure first refusal, basically. And, if you think we can just pick up a RB off the discard pile, I'd love to see who you think we can get. We need the next Bettis or Bell (i.e., the franchise RB, if I can use that term).

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Huh?

Unless you're thinking about developing 4-6th round pick at CB, I'm not sure why we'd pick one. OLB would be only for backups as the Steelers have stated they're going after Dupree (and with good reason, though I hope it's the franchise tag "prove it" season). TE isn't a need. We simply need our TEs to be healthy.

As for wasted picks, RB and Punter are pretty much necessities at this point. Sure, we can pick a punter from the UDFA list after the draft, but if there's a special punter, I have no problem spending a sixth round pick to make sure we get him, let alone a
    seventh, which is almost a worthless pick anyway. All the seventh rounds does is assure first refusal, basically. And, if you think we can just pick up a RB off the discard pile, I'd love to see who you think we can get. We need the next Bettis or Bell (i.e., the franchise RB, if I can use that term).
    My picks weren't in any specific order. They can pick CB in the 2nd. BPA.

Starter/Depth at CB. Burns was a low rate talent the Steelers wasted a high pick on.

Picking a RB early would be a waste. The running game starts with the O-line. Munchak is gone. Unless Barry Sanders is there, a RB isn't going to help.

The starting TE can't stay healthy. Hasn't that been an issue with him his entire career? I wouldn't say he has the greatest hands either. I wanted Kittles.

I would never draft a P, unless the team is fully set at every starting position, plus depth.
    Hater = Realist

One of the R4 picks is Miami’s which will be high (it was traded for our R5 pick... part of the Minkah trade).
    the pick that Miami traded to Pittsburgh wasn't their own, it's one that they acquired from Tennessee in a separate trade. therefore it will not be an early 4th round selection, in fact it will be later than the Steelers own 4th round pick.

the pick that Miami traded to Pittsburgh wasn't their own, it's one that they acquired from Tennessee in a separate trade. therefore it will not be an early 4th round selection, in fact it will be later than the Steelers own 4th round pick.
    True

(I realized that mistake and corrected myself at the top of this page.)

True

(I realized that mistake and corrected myself at the top of this page.)
    I was disappointed to find that out, I was hoping for the early 4th pick to follow our late 3rd round comp one.

I was disappointed to find that out, I was hoping for the early 4th pick...
    Indeed

That said, it’s about a 22-25 spot jump ahead. But, yeah, I thought that it was going to be a top ten (in R4) pick.

TE Cole Kmet announced he will enter the 2020 NFL draft. Probably the most complete TE of the class.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

TE Cole Kmet announced he will enter the 2020 NFL draft. Probably the most complete TE of the class.
    Yep he's TE #1.

Possibly a future Patriot.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Yep he's TE #1.

Possibly a future Patriot.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.