Thread: Marvin Lewis

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Marvin Lewis

Lewis interviewed with the Jets today. That could be entertaining.

Sorry Mods meant to put this under “Around the NFL”.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Re: Marvin Lewis

He also interviewing with Lions And Texans

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

For the fans of these teams, I hope this is nothing more than to satiate the Rooney Rule. Anyone who would consider bringing Marvin Lewis deserves a mandatory cognitive test

Maybe not for the Steelers, but he’s been a great LB coach, and even a good DC. Just not sure he can manage everything.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Maybe not for the Steelers, but he’s been a great LB coach, and even a good DC. Just not sure he can manage everything.
    Agreed

Likewise, I’d take Anthony Lynn​ as our OC in a heartbeat.

Thanks Mods for moving this.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Great DC. Not-so-great HC.

Then again...it was Cincinnati!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Great DC. Not-so-great HC.

Then again...it was Cincinnati!
    for some odd reason the Bengals seemed to have the Ravens number while he was the coach

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    for some odd reason the Bengals seemed to have the Ravens number while he was the coach
    I guess he knew their weakness lol. But yeah, the Bengals always posed a challenge to the Ravens while he was HC.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I guess he knew their weakness lol. But yeah, the Bengals always posed a challenge to the Ravens while he was HC.
    it seemed that way haha. if they played every team as tough as they did the ravens, lewis would probably be a HoF coach

In all seriousness though I never thought he was a terrible coach, for a while he made the bengals competitive. when he left they went to shit, so he made some impact on their success. Though their GM or front office had a habit of hiring / drafted talented but low character players, which hurt them when games got tough. In the playoffs they had a win against the Steelers in the bag, but they couldn't stay cool when it mattered and it cost them. I'm sure that wasn't the only time also, but it was glaringly obvious at that point.

However I don't put that 100% on lewis, I don't think head coaches have full control of the players who get signed / drafted. I'm sure they have some input, but i'd put more of the blame on the GM here. I will 100% agree that he's a great DC though.

The Bengals have always been a “thrifty” franchise. And have made some questionable decisions and had some bad luck with draft picks. But not egregious errors like the Browns and Raiders have made lol.

Does anyone think.....if Kimo hadn’t rolled up on Palmer’s leg.....that we wouldn’t have won that game? Asking for a friend.

Does anyone think.....if Kimo hadn’t rolled up on Palmer’s leg.....that we wouldn’t have won that game? Asking for a friend.
    No way to tell really. It's like saying if we started Ben in week 17 they'd beat the Browns or if they started Mason in the wildcard that we'd win. No way to know for sure, though I'm sure that injury DID help our chances.

I got a friend who still is salty about that game and calls him Kimo Von Tax Collector

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Well would Carson Palmer with his dubious playoff history had put 32 points up on the Steelers when the top 2 scoring offenses that year combined for 28 points?

Would a team that was playing extra had for Jerome Bettis to get a Super Bowl victory lose in any circumstances to a team coached by Marvin "0-7 in the playoffs" Lewis?

That’s what I thought. I guess Houshmandzadeh is still bitter.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

The Bengals have always been a “thrifty” franchise. And have made some questionable decisions and had some bad luck with draft picks. But not egregious errors like the Browns and Raiders have made lol.

Jamarcus Russell was a bad pick? ......

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    lol. You have a good sense of humor! That may be the worst pick of all time!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Not with current rookie wage scale. Simple we screwed up and cut second year ala Haskins

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

lol. You have a good sense of humor! That may be the worst pick of all time!
    Well....it kinda looked good......at the time.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Well....it kinda looked good......at the time.
    It should have been better than it was. Jamarcus just took the money and decided to do nothing. He had all the tools to be a great QB. He just lacked the give a damn that was need to go with it. The Raiders have had their share of busts... not all of them their fault.