Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions on where QB like Tua Tagovailoa,Justin Herbert and Jordan Love will be drafted and by which team?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Predictions on where QB like Tua Tagovailoa,Justin Herbert and Jordan Love will be drafted and by which team?

We all know that Joe Burrow will be drafted by the Bengals but where the others will be drafted and by which team?

I would be surprised if the Dolphins and the chargers don't have 2 of its QBs.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Predictions on where QB like Tua Tagovailoa,Justin Herbert and Jordan Love will be drafted and by which team?

Dolphins trade up for Tua, Chargers select Herbert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Predictions on where QB like Tua Tagovailoa,Justin Herbert and Jordan Love will be drafted and by which team?

Tua could go 2nd overall (after a trade up)... or, he could spiral downwards to the 20s. Teams not being able to have “their” medical staff evaluate Tua makes the pick a huge risk.

MY PREDICTION:
    I foresee the Dolphins and Chargers both staying put. The Dolphins will take the wrong QB, and the Chargers will get “whichever QB they select” killed. In five years, both teams will be searching for another QB.

Jordan Love could go anywhere to anyone... from #6 to #60.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Herbert to Miami is looking like a real possibility. Read that the front office is split on him and Tua. They know more about Herbert since he's healthy and saw him first hand at the Senior Bowl.

Tua to Chargers.

Love? as teegre mentioned, he could go anywhere. Maybe Raiders if he goes round one? their QB's "are what they are", they have two first round picks. Colts maybe if he's there in round 2? they have two 2nd round picks.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

As for Love, I have a wild prediction that the Saints trade up for him. Drew Brees is nearing the end of his career, Bridgewater is out, and Payton will likely think he can coach up Love

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    As for Love, I have a wild prediction that the Saints trade up for him. Drew Brees is nearing the end of his career, Bridgewater is out, and Payton will likely think he can coach up Love
    Sean Payton is on record saying Taysom Hill is an NFL QB. Saints need to get a QB, IMO, I just don’t think that high.

Rest of the thread. I don’t understand the hype for Tua. Often injured and he had maybe 3 of the top10 WRs in college football last season and an OL that gave him time.
    Herbert is a Bellicheat kind of guy. I’ve read he’s a film room junkie and maybe not the most athletic but very smart and cerebral.
    Jordan Love was an early favorite of mine. But with Ben making his comeback tour I doubt the Steelers look QB. What about the Dolphins, Falcons, or Raiders for Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Sean Payton is on record saying Taysom Hill is an NFL QB. Saints need to get a QB, IMO, I just don’t think that high.

Rest of the thread. I don’t understand the hype for Tua. Often injured and he had maybe 3 of the top10 WRs in college football last season and an OL that gave him time.
    Herbert is a Bellicheat kind of guy. I’ve read he’s a film room junkie and maybe not the most athletic but very smart and cerebral.
    Jordan Love was an early favorite of mine. But with Ben making his comeback tour I doubt the Steelers look QB. What about the Dolphins, Falcons, or Raiders for Love?
    Great point for Tua

Often when you are in a loaded offense in college, we do not know how this QB will react when he is going to have adversity in the NFL and that his team is going to have weaknesses around him in offense ... A great QB in the NFL often needs to overcome the weaknesses of its teams.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Former GM and NFL analyst Michael Lombardi says two teams have told him that Tua Tagovailoa failed their pre-draft physicals, Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post reports.

In what could either be prophetic or a smokescreen, former NFL general manager Michael Lombardi said on his podcast that two teams have flunked former Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in their pre-draft physicals.

Lombardi did not name the teams on his “GM Shuffle” podcast, so it’s not known if one is the Dolphins, who own the No. 5 overall pick.

“Two teams I’ve talked to have flunked him,” said Lombardi, adding that one of the teams is in the top 10. “They flunked him on not just the hip. It’s the multitude of injuries. The risk far outweighs the reward.”

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Descripti...-Lombardi-says

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Former GM and NFL analyst Michael Lombardi says two teams have told him that Tua Tagovailoa failed their pre-draft physicals, Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post reports.

In what could either be prophetic or a smokescreen, former NFL general manager Michael Lombardi said on his podcast that two teams have flunked former Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in their pre-draft physicals.

Lombardi did not name the teams on his “GM Shuffle” podcast, so it’s not known if one is the Dolphins, who own the No. 5 overall pick.

“Two teams I’ve talked to have flunked him,” said Lombardi, adding that one of the teams is in the top 10. “They flunked him on not just the hip. It’s the multitude of injuries. The risk far outweighs the reward.”

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Descripti...-Lombardi-says
    Ouch….This is not good.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Cincinnati will have trade down offers, teams want Joe Burrow. He'll go #1 overall.

As for Tua, he's got a great personality, but he has had too many serious injuries.

1. Broken left index finger (March 2018; no games missed)
    2. Sprained right knee (October 2018; no games missed)
    3. Left high ankle sprain (December 2018; surgery; no games missed)
    4. Right high ankle sprain (October 2019; surgery; 1 game missed)
    5. Dislocated right hip with posterior acetabular wall fracture(November 2019; surgery; missed final 3.5 games)

Plus a concussion. I have read a broken wrist too. When you add in he's short and that being mobile is his playing style, I think he will slide a bit. Alabama QB's are hard to evaluate as they often have all day to throw playing behind an NFL like OL, with backs and receivers that go early in the draft.

Herbert to me is a bit like Carson Wentz, except he's more mechanical looking. He's got great upside, but likely needs another year of seasoning.

As for Love, he sucked in college. 2019 stats: 20 td, 17 INT's playing at Utah State vs. who? Exactly. Not really a running threat either. IMO he's an athlete playing QB and will be over dratted.

Eason can look really good at times, but he's inexperienced. But that arm, and some of the throws he made, wow.

Best guess on the order

Burrow 1st overall
    Herbert 5th overall
    Tua 6th or 7th overall
    Love 34th overall ( Early round two )
    Eason 38th overall ( Early round two )

Overall, a decent QB class. Is Eason is on the board where we pick, it won't be easy tp pass on him.

My nightmare….

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Watch the Rose Bowl from last season. Then try and explain to me what from that game be Hebert looks like top 10 material.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Tua is also the most likely to have already suffered a career ending injury.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Jaguars with one of their first round picks. Maybe even trade up. Hard to believe they are content with what they have. Tua that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Love to Dolphins, Herbert to Chargers. I’m drunk though, I have no rhyme nor reason.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Living in the Miami market, I can tell you head coach Brian Flores isn't as bad as their past coaches. Flores is a disciplined type of coach who doesn't seem to value injured players. He's old school on the topic. If you injured you cannot help us win.

If the Miami doctors red flag Tua, they wont draft him and will roll the dice on Hebert.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I've seen the pro comp of Drew Brees for Tua, which seems pretty fair. IMO, Jordan Love is Brett Hundley comp, so still not sure why many have him as a 1st round pick, other than teams are desperate for a QB.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Dan Orlavsky says the Steelers will trade up for Jordan Love.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    It would be a huge mistake to trade up for a player who could be on the bench for the entire 2020 season and maybe 2021 too, especially with our few draft pick left ... Unless the steelers think Love will become like Mahomes or Rodgers, that would make no sense

I think Love (or Herbert) was mentioned by the pats too ... Someone like Mel Kiper Jr. thinks that Jalen Hurt is going to be drafted in the second round and he mentions the steelers and the pats as a possibility too.

Yep... ten days out, and the “Throw it against the wall” type of scattergun reporting has started.

what are they gonna trade away?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Orlavsky chose to eat oat bran over Cinnamon Toast Crunch.....what does he know?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Orlavsky chose to eat oat bran over Cinnamon Toast Crunch.....what does he know?
    He knows how to have a good bowel movement.

Like I said earlier, it’s the week where things are thrown against the wall. I expect to see all sorts of crazy “rumors” out there. Take them as you will.

Like I said earlier, it’s the week where things are thrown against the wall. I expect to see all sorts of crazy “rumors” out there. Take them as you will.
    Yeah, I know. I'm following Ryan Clarks twitter and he has a whole cereal and snacks thing going on. Orlavsky tweeted him asking what to do between Oat Bran vs Cinn Toast Crunch. Guys be hacking on Orlavsky as to why that is even a question. Some good content there.

Yeah, I know. I'm following Ryan Clarks twitter and he has a whole cereal and snacks thing going on. Orlavsky tweeted him asking what to do between Oat Bran vs Cinn Toast Crunch. Guys be hacking on Orlavsky as to why that is even a question. Some good content there.
    Oh... that is awesome.

The video…

Predictions...
    Burrow to Bengals(1)
    Herbert to Chargers(6)
    Love to Dolphins(18)
    Tua to Jags(20)
    Eason to Lions(35)
    Hurts to Colts(44)
    Fromm to Falcons(47)

7 QBs off the board before the Steelers pick at 49.