Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goats vs. Clown Show.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Goats vs. Clown Show.

No individual goats. A Complete team loss.

We see the limitations of this team. It cannot function without its defense, and the Defense cannot function without Watt.

The Offense simply cannot function period. Trubisky is just not good enough to raise the level of his play and the team around him. Everything around him has to be perfect. He needs the right play call. The right conditions. Mitch needs EVERYTHING on point, or he melts. And Matt Canada isn't good enough of a coordinator to cover for him. The both have to them have to go. The experiment has to end.

1-2 and the schedule doesn't get easier from here.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Goats vs. Clown Show.

I agree its a complete team loss. If we couldn't beat that pathetic Cleveland team, well... pathetic performance tonight.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I agree its a complete team loss. If we couldn't beat that pathetic Cleveland team, well... pathetic performance tonight.
    The Browns are a good team,but yeah the steelers are awful....2-6 at best in midseason....

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Time of possession was Cleveland 36.5 minutes to 23.5 for Pittsburgh. That is not a formula for success, particularly when The team also appears incapable of big, explosive offensive plays. The team has to start mounting and sustaining drives, or the season will continue to get worse. I think Canada sucks....... but Trubisky needs to go to the bench and Pickett needs to play next game.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

You can't give Trubisky an individual goat - why, he finally broke the 200-yard mark today! We should give him a gold star sticker and some ice cream! Even though about 60 of the 204 were on the last drive against the garbage-time soft zone defense.

I don't think our defense played especially "bad," just not great. 23 points allowed is usually about a 50-50 chance of winning. 17 points on offense isn't going to win you too many games, though.

Basically, our defense can't just do its job, it has to create the big plays too, because the offense sure isn't going to. That's fucked up.

We should easily be 3-0 right now, but instead we're lucky we're not 0-3, and all because of those two shitheads Trubisky and Canada.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Browns are a good team,but yeah the steelers are awful....2-6 at best in midseason....
    I didn't think they were all that great with Brissett, but that's just my opinion. I, of course, respect yours.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Cleveland honestly is a good team. They have one of the best running games, good defense, and an efficient game manager. They were just better than us tonight.

Goat: Diontae - looked like he didn’t even want to be there and dropped 2 passes which killed two drives, both which hit him in the hands. One would have went for a big play.

Claypool also dropped one that killed a drive in the 2H

I’m the biggest Mitch hater there is but he didn’t play bad tonight, WRs let him down
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

It's time for KP. For better or worse. We are gaining nothing right now not playing him. Idc if the offense looks the same or is even worse. We gotta see what KP is made of.

I'd also like to see more of Jaylen Warren. He hits the hole hard and is a lot quicker than Najee. He's always getting positive yardage. Najee also missed a crucial blitz pickup that lead to Mitch getting sacked. Najee's #s were decent but he didn't impress me tonight. I'm starting to think the front office made a mistake going RB instead of OL in rd 1 in that draft.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is it.

Get better there it everything turns around.

At one point in the second half the defense was off the field for like 23 seconds of game time after a “drive” by the offense.

Is the defense playing great? Nope. But they’re playing well enough to win with ANY support from the offense.

Hell, don’t even score points. Just possess the ball.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The drops and missed assignments were tough. And they had a negative impact on the game outcome.

BUT…this is game manager Trubisky football. We’ve seen this before with the Bears.

50 some other guys have to play totally mistake free ball every snap. Then you need 2-3 big breaks in another phase of the game to win.

The fact that this surprises and angers folks tells me that many didn’t watch a lot of 2017-19 Chicago Bears games.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The drops and missed assignments were tough. And they had a negative impact on the game outcome.

BUT…this is game manager Trubisky football. We’ve seen this before with the Bears.

50 some other guys have to play totally mistake free ball every snap. Then you need 2-3 big breaks in another phase of the game to win.

The fact that this surprises and angers folks tells me that many didn’t watch a lot of 2017-19 Chicago Bears games.
    You got that right. But why would we? That's an odd thing to want to put yourself through.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    It's time for KP. For better or worse. We are gaining nothing right now not playing him. Idc if the offense looks the same or is even worse. We gotta see what KP is made of.

I'd also like to see more of Jaylen Warren. He hits the hole hard and is a lot quicker than Najee. He's always getting positive yardage. Najee also missed a crucial blitz pickup that lead to Mitch getting sacked. Najee's #s were decent but he didn't impress me tonight. I'm starting to think the front office made a mistake going RB instead of OL in rd 1 in that draft.
    Mitch is not a good QB, certainly not good enough to keep KP on the bench.

Najee is looking a little overrated at this point. He’s not making good decisions and his instincts seem off. Part of it for sure is the o line struggles. But that’s connected to a lack of a passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You got that right. But why would we? That's an odd thing to want to put yourself through.
    True! But when you leave just outside the Chicago market, you get subjected to a lot of Bears games.

Take what you can get.

I know I’m an annoying broken record but with 10 days till the next game…why not bench MT?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Hahaha

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I know I’m an annoying broken record but with 10 days till the next game…why not bench MT?
    I suggested benching Mike Tomlin too but everyone gets mad at me.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The defense looked gassed.

This team can still win games with defense… but, they’ve played way, way, waaay more snaps than any other unit in the NFL. When the offense goes three-&-out on three straight possessions, taking only 47 seconds for one of those, ANY defense would be tired.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Stopped watching watching down 9 with 5 minutes left, even knowing the Jets came back on them. Zero confidence in that offense to overcome any deficit. Trubisky looked about as good as he can look, and the result is 17 points on a couple hundred yards passing.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Mitch is not a good QB, certainly not good enough to keep KP on the bench.

Najee is looking a little overrated at this point. He’s not making good decisions and his instincts seem off. Part of it for sure is the o line struggles. But that’s connected to a lack of a passing game.
    Honestly Warren looks like the better out of the two. He runs with power and is explosive.

On another note, the offense on a whole already looks like they've thrown in the towel. Ruddlerless, appear to be a leaderless group. Both of the team "Captains" on the offense aren't really doing anything or playing at a level that's really inspiring. The WR's body language looks like they've already lost hope. It's probably rubbing off on the defense especially going 3 and out as often as they do.

Disappointing because they seemed to have had the running game going in the first half, and the first drive of the 2nd half, although no points scored, was an actual drive. Then it was 3 and out city from there.

Most of his production came from designed rollouts to the right. Same problem in Chicago, the opponents caught on and realized they only had to defend the right side of the field. This guy hasn't progressed past what he was in 2019. Sure he didn't play terrible but tonight was his ceiling. Continue to start him and you'll get the same lukewarm ass play. Sure, starting Pickett is a risk, but at this point Tomlin should know that we aren't gonna be a playoff team or maybe even not a winning team with this guy at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Honestly Warren looks like the better out of the two. He runs with power and is explosive.

On another note, the offense on a whole already looks like they've thrown in the towel. Ruddlerless, appear to be a leaderless group. Both of the team "Captains" on the offense aren't really doing anything or playing at a level that's really inspiring. The WR's body language looks like they've already lost hope. It's probably rubbing off on the defense especially going 3 and out as often as they do.

Disappointing because they seemed to have had the running game going in the first half, and the first drive of the 2nd half, although no points scored, was an actual drive. Then it was 3 and out city from there.
    Yeah, well I bet you'd be pretty lethargic too if your leader was a QB who can't throw the ball and also looks like a Funko Pop.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Yeah, well I bet you'd be pretty lethargic too if your leader was a QB who can't throw the ball and also looks like a Funko Pop.
    I was, caught myself falling asleep in the 2nd half a couple times, no lie. I'm usually pretty pumped during a whole Steelers game, but not this time

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Trubisky played much better than he has. O-Line played much better than they had. D-Line wasn’t terrible, LBers weren’t terrible. Game ball worthy? No...but not terrible.

DBs were awful, game plans on both sides of the ball were terrible. WRs were terrible. Definitely goat worthy. Those three things are what lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The defense looked gassed.

This team can still win games with defense… but, they’ve played way, way, waaay more snaps than any other unit in the NFL. When the offense goes three-&-out on three straight possessions, taking only 47 seconds for one of those, ANY defense would be tired.
    The offense is actually really close to being “decent” (which is all that we need).

On one play Trubisky connects with DJ for a first down. A few plays later, Trubisky threads a needle to DJ… who drops it. A few plays later, Trubisky likes the sideline better than an open receiver.

So close…

On one play Pickens makes an amazing catch. A few plays later, Trubisky wants to get the grass involved. Towards the end of the game, Pickens doesn’t use two hands to reel in a TD.

So close…

On one play, Najee catches a dump off, and runs for a first down. A few plays later, he catches a dump off, and is tackled behind the LOS. Later on Warren takes a screen 30+ yards… only to be brought back due to an illegal man downfield.

So close…

SUMMATION:
    Good play
    One guy’s mistake.
    Another guy’s mistake.

If we can eliminate even one mistake per drive, we win that game last night… and many more throughout the season.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The offense is actually really close to being “decent” (which is all that we need).

On one play Trubisky connects with DJ for a first down. A few plays later, Trubisky threads a needle to DJ… who drops it. A few plays later, Trubisky likes the sideline better than an open receiver.

So close…

On one play Pickens makes an amazing catch. A few plays later, Trubisky wants to get the grass involved. Towards the end of the game, Pickens doesn’t use two hands to reel in a TD.

So close…

On one play, Najee catches a dump off, and runs for a first down. A few plays later, he catches a dump off, and is tackled behind the LOS. Later on Warren takes a screen 30+ yards… only to be brought back due to an illegal man downfield.

So close…

SUMMATION:
    Good play
    One guy’s mistake.
    Another guy’s mistake.

If we can eliminate even one mistake per drive, we win that game last night… and many more throughout the season.
    What you have just described is a bad team. Yes, a young team that is working to get better, but a bad team. This is exactly why I am disappointed so far but not discouraged. I think this team CAN become something special.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Trubisky played much better than he has. O-Line played much better than they had. D-Line wasn’t terrible, LBers weren’t terrible. Game ball worthy? No...but not terrible.

DBs were awful, game plans on both sides of the ball were terrible. WRs were terrible. Definitely goat worthy. Those three things are what lost the game.
    Secondary was awful, luckily Cooper had a couple of drops and stepped outta bounds or it would’ve been worse. O line was good, actually had holes to run through. You’re right MT not bad but very average, Brissett by far best QB on field last night, unless you count sideline where KP was.

So close…

So close…

So close…

SUMMATION:
    Good play
    One guy’s mistake.
    Another guy’s mistake.

But the Browns make some huge mistake too,like the drop of Cooper in fourth down and when he stepped out the bounds.This is impossible to always be perfect but good team have some margin from error.Overall the Browns have completed dominate with their running game and the time of possession

We are so far....