Thread: Time to start a CB thread.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Time to start a CB thread.

Whether Cam Sutton moves outside to replace Steven Nelson, OR if James Pierre/Justin Layne are Nelson's replacement , and Sutton stays primarily as the slot CB, the Steelers will need to add a CB in this year's draft.

My personal favorite is Asante Samuel Jr. Can play the slot or outside CB role. OR maybe one of the many hybrid safety/slot CB players available in this draft.

Asante Samuel Jr. 5'10" - 185lbs. 4.45 and 4.52/40s, 35" vertical, and 10'4" Broad Jump. 12 reps on the bench.
    https://www.nfl.com/videos/asante-sa...day-highlights

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Time to start a CB thread.

Who is available in Round 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Who is available in Round 2?
    Lots of names. Go check what numbers Marco Wilson put up at Florida's pro day. What round would you take a guy like him? I'm hoping 4th but who knows now?

Injury stories on the CB front will maybe drop some BIG CB names into the steelers' draft range.

Caleb Farley has been ranked as high as CB#1 on some boards I have looked at recently. He has had a minor back surgery this offseason that will prevent him from working out at VaTech's pro day, plus the player opted out for the 2020 season. Could this put him in play at 24, and would YOU consider drafting him there if available?

https://nflmocks.com/2021/03/23/2021...le-evaluation/

Greg Newsome has been ranked in the top5 CB prospects regularly on draft boards. I was already thinking that IF he made it past the titans at 22 he could be in play for the Steelers at 24. Newsome has a history of injuries throughout his college career however. This could drop him all the way out of the 1st and maybe even the 2nd rounds according to some analysts. Not worth the risk, IMO, but I would love to read YOUR opinions.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/2/2...port-ny-giants

Ifeatu Melifonwu is listed as a top100 player in this draft class and a top10 CB on most draft boards online. While he made it through 2020 without any games missed due to injury, he did miss significant playing time due to 'lower body injury' the previous 2 seasons. Some of you may remember his brother was talked about significantly on here as well. Probably rated as a 2nd-3rd round prospect he could fall as far as day 3 according to some online mocks.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/i...se-cornerback/

Any interest in any of these prospects with significant injury concerns? If so, when would YOU consider them in the upcoming draft? From everything I have read from most of YOU on this forum, I expect to see a lot of "Day3" responses. But I'm still curious how urgent YOU GUYS think this position has become.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

3 name I don't hear a lot of talk about that i would like to hear more opinions on.

Eric Stokes
    2020, 9 games /28 targets / 16 receptions / 1 TD / 4 INT
    Kevin Joseph
    2020, 9 games /34 targets / 19 receptions /4 TD /4 INT
    Tay Gowan
    Did not play last year
    2019, 12 games / 50 targets / 20 receptions / 2 TD / 2INTs

AML

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

These guys should only go by the electric timer when talking about the 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Marco Wilson CB Florida Pro Day results:

Marco Wilson ended up with the Cardinals 4th round.

Eric Stokes drafted by the Packers 1st round #29 overall.

Kelvin Joseph second round to the Cowboys.

Tay Gowan went 6th round to the Cardinals.

Caleb Farley 1st round to the Titans #22 overall.

Greg Newsome 1st round to the Browns #26 overall

Ifeatu Melifonwu 3rd round to the Lions

Asante Samuel Jr went 2nd round to the Chargers.

Tyson Campbell drafted 2nd round by the Jaguars.

None of the guys we talked about became Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Marco Wilson ended up with the Cardinals 4th round.

Eric Stokes drafted by the Packers 1st round #29 overall.

Kelvin Joseph second round to the Cowboys.

Tay Gowan went 6th round to the Cardinals.

Caleb Farley 1st round to the Titans #22 overall.

Greg Newsome 1st round to the Browns #26 overall

Ifeatu Melifonwu 3rd round to the Lions

Asante Samuel Jr went 2nd round to the Chargers.

Tyson Campbell drafted 2nd round by the Jaguars.

None of the guys we talked about became Steelers.

When Shaun Wade fell to the 5th round, I thought it was a done deal that they would try to get him.

When they announced the trade, I was sure it would be Wade. Instead they traded up for Loudermilk.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    When Shaun Wade fell to the 5th round, I thought it was a done deal that they would try to get him.

When they announced the trade, I was sure it would be Wade. Instead they traded up for Loudermilk.
    I was hoping for Shaun Wade also.