Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 3: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Week 3: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    There ain't no having fun when your team is winless lol

Besides biting Connor McGregor's style is mad played out
    I can completely understand how you feel. I'm not happy with what I have seen thus far too. I dunno, when I see things like this, I just try to imagine me and buddies goofing off like this and just makes me laugh. Looks fun, to be honest.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He’s clearly making a joke.

Bu the same type of beard was really cool when Keisel did it?
    I wasn't aware that he was trying to be funny.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Steelers win by 20.
    Pffft... come on, man. There is is no way that that happens. Steelers win by 20???... really? really??? reeeeeally!?!

Steelers win by 17.

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

At least the buccs will be wearing their normal jerseys...would be horrible to lose to them wearing the Creamsicle Orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Pffft... come on, man. There is is no way that that happens. Steelers win by 20???... really? really??? reeeeeally!?!

Steelers win by 17.
    I would be okay with the Steelers winning by 1 point:

Steelers 49
    Buccaneers 48

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Steelers 49
    Buccaneers 48
    THAT sounds like a game I would very much like to see!

- - - Updated - - -

Steelers win 3-2.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I predicted us beating the Bucs in the SB 5-3, Bud Dupree being the MVP with 17 sacks and a safety. He said he was saving his sacks for the perfect time so he could get a big contract and guaranteed money. He'll reset the market for OLB's making 40 mil a year. Khalil Mack all of a sudden becomes one of the least paid linebackers in the game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They’d really have a better chance if Winston were playing.

Evans, Jackson, Brate and Howard will be unstoppable if the Steelers come out with the same defensive ideas they have in Week One and Two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Yeah... and it would be a win-win.

Those of of us who enjoy wins could celebrate with those whose only enjoyment comes from complaining about any-& every-thing.

Yeah, we won 49-48... but, the defense sucks.

Yeah, we won 14-13... but, Ben sux.”

Yeah, we won 49-13... but, Watt only had one sack.”

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yeah... and it would be a win-win.

Those of of us who enjoy wins could celebrate with those whose only enjoyment comes from complaining about any-& every-thing.

Yeah, we won 49-48... but, the defense sucks.

Yeah, we won 14-13... but, Ben sux.”

Yeah, we won 49-13... but, Watt only had one sack.”
    We won 49-0, But we left 51 points on the field, Fire Fichtner.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

A 49-48 win but the Defense sucks comment is something to be worried about if you view the season as a whole. If you don’t and just view it with blinders on and look at one game...then the defense sucks portion of the comment is just overly negative. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Steelers win by 17.
    Ok, compromise. 21

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

They’d really have a better chance if Winston were playing.

Evans, Jackson, Brate and Howard will be unstoppable if the Steelers come out with the same defensive ideas they have in Week One and Two.
    Bad defense combined with NFL rules changes that make every competent QB a star is a toxic combination
    Thanks for the memories

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

O-line is banged up.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Wow is Vance McDonald not on the injury list? Am I in the twilight zone or something?

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

A 49-48 win but the Defense sucks comment is something to be worried about if you view the season as a whole. If you don’t and just view it with blinders on and look at one game...then the defense sucks portion of the comment is just overly negative. Lol
    The problem is that we usually don't win shootouts. Because when our D decides to take a day off, they do just that... letting them score fast and often.

Also, our Offense is not good enough to keep up with that kind of Defensive play. We were down 0-21 after the first quarter, it would be hard for any team to overcome that. 0-14, ok. But 0-21, really slim chance.

We lost 42-45 against JAX and now 37-42.

Ok, compromise. 21
    Blackjack!!!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

They got to win this one plus the next two games are in primetime but, this game has me worried a bit. The Bucs have playmakers Jackson and, the TE Howard not to mention the way the defense has problems with the TE'S.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Do we have anyone who can replace Sutton if Joe Haden is not ready to go? Because that looks like the real weak point in the secondary. I don't know what happened to the guy, but he does not belong out there right now.

We used to have like 50 up-and-coming DBs, what happened to them?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Do we have anyone who can replace Sutton if Joe Haden is not ready to go? Because that looks like the real weak point in the secondary. I don't know what happened to the guy, but he does not belong out there right now.

We used to have like 50 up-and-coming DBs, what happened to them?
    Allen is on the practice squad. So he could be promoted. And Coty Sensabaugh is on the roster. After that it is all safeties. Safeties as far as the eye can see...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Since we now know what we have personnel-wise heading to the Tampa game, what changes do you make? The defense is struggling. What are some of your best 'get the ship righted' fixes you would implement this week if you were DC? Rather than just keep dumping on, what should they do differently? Try to keep it football.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Since we now know what we have personnel-wise heading to the Tampa game, what changes do you make? The defense is struggling. What are some of your best 'get the ship righted' fixes you would implement this week if you were DC? Rather than just keep dumping on, what should they do differently? Try to keep it football.
    Try to get Sutton off the field, and only one of Bostic/Williams on the field at a time, as there is little benefit to having two run-stuffing ILBs who struggle in coverage.

Since 4-3 is a dirty word around here, this would probably mean a 3-3-5 nickel base defense ... Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave/McCullers ... Watt, Williams/Bostic, Dupree/Makatevich ... Hilton, Burns and Haden if Haden is good to go; Hilton, Burns and your best three safeties if not. (I'd rather have a third safety in a nickel package than Sutton, or probably even Sensabaugh. Edmunds playing the DB/LB "swing" position if needed.) You can swap out a safety and use McCullers and Hargrave as defensive tackles to get a 4-3 if you want to run a hybrid scheme.

On offense, don't run a play selection that is literally 85% passes. And perhaps if the running game is not effective at first, try the other running backs and see if they do any better.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Can't believe he STILL has a job

Try to get Sutton off the field, and only one of Bostic/Williams on the field at a time, as there is little benefit to having two run-stuffing ILBs who struggle in coverage.

Since 4-3 is a dirty word around here, this would probably mean a 3-3-5 nickel base defense ... Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave/McCullers ... Watt, Williams/Bostic, Dupree/Makatevich ... Hilton, Burns and Haden if Haden is good to go; Hilton, Burns and your best three safeties if not. (I'd rather have a third safety in a nickel package than Sutton, or probably even Sensabaugh. Edmunds playing the DB/LB "swing" position if needed.) You can swap out a safety and use McCullers and Hargrave as defensive tackles to get a 4-3 if you want to run a hybrid scheme.

On offense, don't run a play selection that is literally 85% passes. And perhaps if the running game is not effective at first, try the other running backs and see if they do any better.
    Honestly I would keep Sutton and Edmunds in the rotation getting them live snaps. I would play total "Blitzburgh" this week. Somebody would be coming on every single defensive snap. I'm getting pressure on the QB at least 75% of the plays. This would not have worked vs KC so not saying it would have fixed that mess. But Tampa is not KC.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Yeah, they have FitzMagic. He's gonna torch that Defense of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Yeah, they have FitzMagic. He's gonna torch that Defense of ours.
    ??? Explain.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I agree with this.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

??? Explain.
    Easy, he's on fire and our defense sucks ass

I bet we have to score 45 to win.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Easy, he's on fire and our defense sucks ass

I bet we have to score 45 to win.

Fitz wins this one he'll be sporting these at the presser.