Thread: Stephen A Smith:Hate to say it, but Big Ben ain't what he used to be.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Stephen A Smith:Hate to say it, but Big Ben ain't what he used to be.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Stephen A Smith:Hate to say it, but Big Ben ain't what he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    When you have 2 hours to fill 5 days of week you churn out a lot of hot takes to fill up the time and hopefully get page clicks whether they are fact based or not
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The A in his name stands for ass

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm not interested in a single word that idiot has to say.
    Having said that, yeah. Ben isn't the QB he used to be. He's less athletic and more mature.

-Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Didn't we have this thread last year after the 1st Jax game?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Didn't we have this thread last year after the 1st Jax game?
    Except rather than Stephen A. it was Ben who lit the fuse with his sarcastic "maybe I dobn't have it anymore" postgame comment
    Thanks for the memories

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Except rather than Stephen A. it was Ben who lit the fuse with his sarcastic "maybe I dobn't have it anymore" postgame comment
    Yes!

We can all just recycle the answers from that thread.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

For some, you're as good as your last game!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    For some, you're as good as your last game!
    Yep. I won't be surprised if Roethlisberger has a monster game against KC. He tends to rebound well from terrible games and I also think he enjoys serving heaping cups of STFU to the talking heads that routinely badmouth him afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep. I won't be surprised if Roethlisberger has a monster game against KC. He tends to rebound well from terrible games and I also think he enjoys serving heaping cups of STFU to the talking heads that routinely badmouth him afterwards.
    And I would not be surprised if Dalton has a disastrous game tonight in primetime again ...

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

It's like Ben can't have a bad game my god every player has a bad game!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Hahahahaha not better than Dalton?

Excuse the language but Max Kellerman along with SAS are fucking idiots.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Not to mention Kellerman is the biggest Eli Manning cheerleader that I have ever seen. I just can't watch that show.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

You know I hate that I feel this way, but lets be honest Tom Brady and the Patriots are blocking a lot of our recent trophy trips.

I really wish one game this season that Tom Brady has a slopfest of a game. I would be interested to see if he will get as much crap Ben gets. Or will they just shrug their shoulders and say "eh he just had a bad game".

But Credit to Tom Brady, he really never has these type of games.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    When you have 2 hours to fill 5 days of week you churn out a lot of hot takes to fill up the time and hopefully get page clicks whether they are fact based or not
    When is Steven A going to cut the Howard Cosell act?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    You know I hate that I feel this way, but lets be honest Tom Brady and the Patriots are blocking a lot of our recent trophy trips.

I really wish one game this season that Tom Brady has a slopfest of a game. I would be interested to see if he will get as much crap Ben gets. Or will they just shrug their shoulders and say "eh he just had a bad game".

But Credit to Tom Brady, he really never has these type of games.
    It's similar to the Bulls in the 90's. They have two of the greatest people at their position. Two of which are the most important. Head Coach and QB. And Tomlin and Ben isn't Bill and Tom.

I can't stand them but you have to tip your hat so to speak, they're great. Either way 3 Super bowls in the Ben era is great, still hoping for another.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Hate to say it, but Stephen A. loves to argue with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Don't see how, considering that outside of the AFCCG 2 years ago, the last time the Steelers and Patriots played each other in the postseason was in Roethlisberger's rookie year.

No offense intended, but it sounds a lot more like Patriots penis envy. And Steelers Nation is rife with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Hate to say it, but Stephen A. loves to argue with fans.
    Arguing in general - right, wrong, or indifferent, is that asshole's entire shtick.

Another part of it is volume. For example, I remember him getting into an on-air argument years ago about basketball with Bill Walton, and, being an ex-pro basketball player and HOFer himself, Walton absolutely owned his ass in their "debate." But instead of swallowing his foolish pride and admitting defeat, or even just shutting the hell up, Smith proceeded to talk louder and louder as the argument went on, like talking over Walton would somehow win him the argument.

He's a joke.

Arguing in general - right, wrong, or indifferent, is that asshole's entire shtick.

Another part of it is volume. For example, I remember him getting into an on-air argument years ago about basketball with Bill Walton, and, being an ex-pro basketball player and HOFer himself, Walton absolutely owned his ass in their "debate." But instead of swallowing his foolish pride and admitting defeat, or even just shutting the hell up, Smith proceeded to talk louder and louder as the argument went on, like talking over Walton would somehow win him the argument.

He's a joke.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Not perfect, but in the last two games, Ben gave us a very good chance to win, despite we can't play defense!