Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game ball vs Panthers

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Game ball vs Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Wait you mean David Carr was WRONG about his brother being better than Ben? And it seemed like such a slam dunk, and absolutely objective, observation at the time.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I would never have guessed that Ben has the most 150 or higher QB-rating games.

Thanks for posting this stat!

Remember when some people weren’t sure if Ben had the stats be a HOF QB?

Is there anyone (who is taken seriously, I mean) that still believe’s Ben isn’t a first round HOFer?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I would never have guessed that Ben has the most 150 or higher QB-rating games.

Thanks for posting this stat!

Remember when some people weren’t sure if Ben had the stats be a HOF QB?

Is there anyone (who is taken seriously, I mean) that still believe’s Ben isn’t a first round HOFer?

Yes.....and sadly many of them are Steelers fans that don't appreciate what they have been watching for 15 years.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Do not recall this stat being posted previously. From Peter King in his column this morning

On Nov. 5, 2007, Ben Roethlisberger threw five touchdown passes with zero interceptions, averaging 13.1 yards per attempt in a night game against the Ravens at Heinz Field. The Steelers, winning their sixth game of the year, beat the Ravens by 31 points. Roethlisberger’s passer rating: 158.3.

On Nov. 8, 2018, Ben Roethlisberger threw five touchdown passes with zero interceptions, averaging 13.1 yards per attempt in a night game against the Panthers at Heinz Field. The Steelers, winning their sixth game of the year, beat the Panthers by 31 points. Roethlisberger’s passer rating: 158.3.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ia-peter-king/

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

In recent years, when Roethlisberger has a slow start in his season, several media like Stephen Smith say that Roethlisberger is not the same player, etc .... but every year, he always has a very good season!

If he avoids injury, he will still have some very good years ahead of him!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Do not recall this stat being posted previously. From Peter King in his column this morning

On Nov. 5, 2007, Ben Roethlisberger threw five touchdown passes with zero interceptions, averaging 13.1 yards per attempt in a night game against the Ravens at Heinz Field. The Steelers, winning their sixth game of the year, beat the Ravens by 31 points. Roethlisberger’s passer rating: 158.3.

On Nov. 8, 2018, Ben Roethlisberger threw five touchdown passes with zero interceptions, averaging 13.1 yards per attempt in a night game against the Panthers at Heinz Field. The Steelers, winning their sixth game of the year, beat the Panthers by 31 points. Roethlisberger’s passer rating: 158.3.

Fascinating!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

This reminds me of "Ripley's believe it or not".

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Alot of us here have to keep saying enjoy Ben while we still have him because , wants he does retire things will be rough. I remember the years after Bradshaw retired until we got Ben pretty tough to watch at the QB spot. He is still a very underrated QB and, sure he a few bad games so does every other QB did you Brady yesterday? I'm just saying enjoy Ben while he is playing this well!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Alot of us here have to keep saying enjoy Ben while we still have him because , wants he does retire things will be rough. I remember the years after Bradshaw retired until we got Ben pretty tough to watch at the QB spot. He is still a very underrated QB and, sure he a few bad games so does every other QB did you Brady yesterday? I'm just saying enjoy Ben while he is playing this well!
    I agree. A lot of fans have been used to 15 years of great QB play for the Steelers with Ben as a franchise QB. Enjoy it. They haven't seen the Stoudt, Malone, Woodley, Graham, Tomczak, etc type of play. Thankfully, I think Rudolph looks like they may not have to endure that in the way many fans did in the 80's.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree. A lot of fans have been used to 15 years of great QB play for the Steelers with Ben as a franchise QB. Enjoy it. They haven't seen the Stoudt, Malone, Woodley, Graham, Tomczak, etc type of play. Thankfully, I think Rudolph looks like they may not have to endure that in the way many fans did in the 80's.
    Well... We *coulda* had Dan Marino, but I guess Gabriel Rivera was just too tempting to pass up
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Unstoppable Performer

Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

Thursday night might have been Roethlisberger's best game of his career.

This is no hyperbole. Consider this, from the fine folks at NFL Research: Roethlisberger is now only the second player in NFL history to have at least 300 passing yards and five touchdowns with three or fewer incompletions in a game. The only other QB to do so? NFL Network's own Kurt Warner, owner of a Gold Jacket.

To be exact, Roethlisberger finished 22 of 25 for 328 yards, five touchdowns and a perfect passer rating in a 52-21 rout of the Carolina Panthers. Each of his five scores went to different targets. Roethlisberger carved up the Panthers in stunning fashion while the Steelers posted their best and most complete win of the season in front of a national audience.

Perhaps they felt as if they were going overlooked? Maybe they wanted to send former minority owner David Tepper (now owner of the Panthers) a proper parting gift? Or maybe everything just came together at once.

Regardless, it was a statement win, led by the play of Roethlisberger on one of the best nights of his illustrious career.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn