Thread: Super Bowl picks...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Super Bowl picks...

Who do you like going to the Super Bowl (if the Steelers are out of it)?

I'm going to go outside the box...

Seahawks vs. Chargers with the Seahawks winning.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl picks...

If the Steelers aren’t in, I’d like to see Chiefs and Saints. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Rivers get a Super Bowl Ring but I think with the job he’s done and everything he’s gone through through the years, Andy Reid deserves one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

If the Steelers aren't in it can it actually even be considered a Super Bowl?

I'm going with KC and New Orleans.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

What I want to see if the Steelers don't make it:

Houston vs LA Rams

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

For who I think will make it, I am sticking with my preseason pick of Patriots vs Saints

Patriots because Bellichick, Brady, bullshit that always go their way. Chiefs defense sucks and Andy Reid is a choker. Bill O Brien and Houston always gets thoroughly outclassed by the first real playoff team they face (especially the Pats), Chargers have the best chance to seat New England but I don't trust them winning a playoff game in New England not with some of their injuries

Saints: Brees-Payton, experienced running game and just enough defense get them over the Rams, moreso if the Saints get the no. 1 seed

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I do not trust the Chiefs and Andy Reid in the playoffs so I am going with Patriots-Saints with Saints to win it all.

If not the Steelers I would like it to be the Chargers since I put down a "reasonable longshot" bet at 21-1 for the Chargers to win the Super Bowl in September (no claim to betting savvy - my other longshot bet was on the Falcons at 17-1 ) - but unless they catch the Chiefs I do not see the Chargers winning three road games in January.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I think Chiefs and Patsies get upset in playoffs this year. Im going with Steelers vs Rams. If not Steelers then Texans vs Rams. Im a homer but I think the Steelers get there shit together after wake up call last 2 weeks. 3-1 to end season and win division by half game. If they don't upset Pats or Saints they prove to me they shouldn't be there anyways.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

As long as the Patr*ots don't get in, I don't care who's in it.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Pretty much

The Texans’ defense have disrupted Brady before, but in the playoffs, the Texans have never had a decent QB. Really. If Watson stays healthy, they’d be the front-runner. As others have said: the Chiefs have no defense and it’d be tough for the Chargers to navigate that gauntlet.

I’m rooting for Breesus. He often gets overlooked in the Manning vs. Brady vs. Rodgers debates... and, for my money, he’s the BEST out there. Plus, every time that he wins, a Chargers fan dies a little inside.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I do not trust the Chiefs and Andy Reid in the playoffs so I am going with Patriots-Saints with Saints to win it all.
    IMO, Reid's never had a QB as good as Mahomes (despite his youth).

You could have All-Pros all over the field and you still wouldn't win squat with Alex Smith or McNabb.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

jagoffs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    agree. NE in the super bowl = I don't watch

I dont Care who makes it in as long as it isn't new England or Baltimore. Of course if those two teams meet in the afc championship which is a real possibility at this point, I wont be watching

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Speaking of Baltimore, they are tied in the 3rd quarter in KC.

If they win today on the road we have NO room for error.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Speaking of Baltimore, they are tied in the 3rd quarter in KC.

If they win today on the road we have NO room for error.
    They're probably the better team at this point anyway.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Now Ravens up 24-17 with only 3 minutes left. Finally it's time to see if Mahommes has the cojones.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Now Ravens up 24-17 with only 3 minutes left. Finally it's time to see if Mahommes has the cojones.
    Baltimore has played a great second half

Pass rush + Mahomes cannot read the defenses - runs + 2 short TD passes by Jackson & long punt return to set up go ahead score

Blueprint for winning December/playoff football

I remain unconvinced Chiefs will get it done in January

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If the Steelers aren't in doesn't make much difference to me. I will pull for Titans and Saints.

KC ties it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Baltimore has played a great second half

Pass rush + Mahomes cannot read the defenses - runs + 2 short TD passes by Jackson & long punt return to set up go ahead score

Blueprint for winning December/playoff football

I remain unconvinced Chiefs will get it done in January
    This is why I want the 4th seed (if we get in). Chargers at home, then KC on the road. KC losing Hunt was HUGE.

- - - Updated - - -

STRIP SACK !!!!! CHIEFS BALL.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

KC ties it!

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I want the 4th seed (if we get in). Chargers at home, then KC on the road. KC losing Hunt was HUGE.

- - - Updated - - -

STRIP SACK !!!!! CHIEFS BALL.
    If the Chiefs could lose one player, Hunt is the most expendable. Ware and Williams pretty much put up the same numbers and Hunt and Ware...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

a rematch of Chiefs vs Rams would be entertaining I suppose
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Anybody but the Patriots*****

a rematch of Chiefs vs Rams would be entertaining I suppose
    This.

Also wouldn’t mind a Texans/Bears. NFL would take a hit on those ratings...lol.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I predicted Saints vs Patriots with the Saints winning at the beginning of the season and I'm sticking to that.