Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trolls

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Didn't he start a thread on why hitler was better than stalin?
    Yep.

For some reason, he thought that that made his plight better. Saying that Hitler is "better" than Stalin does not make Hitler a good guy. As I told him, that's like saying that Charles Manson is "better" than John Wayne Gacy, because Manson killed fewer people.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    He's no longer banned and can come back anytime he likes, if he so chooses. He was abrasive, but funny as hell.

And welcome back, Hindes!
    keep an eye out for Suit, he may make an appearance, lol

its been a crazy couple of years, hope to make it on here more often, things have settled down a little

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

One of the administrators I really liked from SF was Galax Steeler. I think I was already a member here as I was so thoroughly disgusted and fed up with SF by the time he became an administrator over there, but I will never forget how kind he was and came here to tell me he had just been appointed an administrator there and asked me to come back. I hold those random acts of kindness very close to my heart because he didn't have to do that. I'll never forget that.

Also, I liked listening to all the country music videos he posted.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    supa fly..... he has to get some honorable mention
    I remember this kid. He was related to Earl Thomas I think.

steeldawg was something else too
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I never come here to start trouble or be disrespectful.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. I never come here to start trouble or be disrespectful.
    PFT you aint a troll you're family.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I remember this kid. He was related to Earl Thomas I think.

steeldawg was something else too
    If steeldawg were to come back on here, I'd bet he'd still try and argue that Wallace is better than AB

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I have never been in this forum before. Just happened to stop by. I would also like to say thanks for the kind words. Talking football is fun. Talking AFCN is real fun. Trolling is simply something I just don't get. Maybe one too many shots to an unhelmeted head.

Football season is underway. Patriots 10-Chiefs 7. Can't wait until Sunday!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

So has Boston Blackie Cracked the top 100?

I think he is basically an ok guy.

Just a bit irritating at the moment.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

One of the biggest problems with trolls from other teams is that they disrespect forum etiquette. They think it's the internet and we all have equal rights to post whatever we want. Forum etiquette understands and respects that if you are on another team's forum then you are a GUEST and as such you don't override your place. You don't break the unwritten rules. You don't disrespect the members.

Personally, I've never gone on another team's forum. I don't have the time or interest. But if I did, I would show respect.

Then, of course there are the very overt trolls who are just there to talk trash. They usually last about a day.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    One of the biggest problems with trolls from other teams is that they disrespect forum etiquette. They think it's the internet and we all have equal rights to post whatever we want. Forum etiquette understands and respects that if you are on another team's forum then you are a GUEST and as such you don't override your place. You don't break the unwritten rules. You don't disrespect the members.

Personally, I've never gone on another team's forum. I don't have the time or interest. But if I did, I would show respect.

Then, of course there are the very overt trolls who are just there to talk trash. They usually last about a day.
    Well stated.

We have our own Steeler trolls as well. Some are obsessed w/coming back here and stirring up crap after being kicked out numerous times.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They always “Crash” the party...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

Boston blackie appears the exception. He's been allowed to stay for months despite being there to basically trash talk almost the entire time. Frankly, He's lasted months longer than he should have

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    So has Boston Blackie Cracked the top 100?

I think he is basically an ok guy.

Just a bit irritating at the moment.
    For the most part, he has been (which is why he's had as much rope as he's been given) but he's really been pushing it lately...

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    For the most part, he has been (which is why he's had as much rope as he's been given) but he's really been pushing it lately...
    I just gave my opinion on the Harrison situation because I think it represents an intertesting emploee/employer problem. Really, that's the truth. And, to be totaly honest, it's getting close to chrunch time, and that stirs the competitive jucies. But I've got 'em back under control.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    I just gave my opinion on the Harrison situation because I think it represents an intertesting emploee/employer problem. Really, that's the truth. And, to be totaly honest, it's getting close to chrunch time, and that stirs the competitive jucies. But I've got 'em back under control.
    IMO, you’re a good guy... but, you chose the wrong thread/wrong topic to chime in on.

The James Harrison situation is a very emotional one for Steelers fans... and, right or wrong, you were going to get lambasted by everyone. In other words, you probably should have just simply avoided that topic.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    IMO, you’re a good guy... but, you chose the wrong thread/wrong topic to chime in on.

The James Harrison situation is a very emotional one for Steelers fans... and, right or wrong, you were going to get lambasted by everyone. In other words, you probably should have just simply avoided that topic.
    He wasn't open to that advice.

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Point taken.

Senior Member Array title="Stlrs4Life is an unknown quantity at this point"> Stlrs4Life's Avatar

Wow, it's been a long time. Been caught up on Facebook all the time, and don't go to message boards very much anymore. Glad to see some familiar names.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    One of the administrators I really liked from SF was Galax Steeler. I think I was already a member here as I was so thoroughly disgusted and fed up with SF by the time he became an administrator over there, but I will never forget how kind he was and came here to tell me he had just been appointed an administrator there and asked me to come back. I hold those random acts of kindness very close to my heart because he didn't have to do that. I'll never forget that.

Also, I liked listening to all the country music videos he posted.
    Met Galax Steeler a couple of times at our tailgates, he is a real nice guy in person also.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I'd be a Professional Football Player, and you Damn well better believe, I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Ah the trolls, there were some classics on SF, and a few at SX during my short tenures on both forums.

Speaking of Mods/Admins - Mach is good people, very level headed guy, and definitely not a follower. I'm sure there's people that hate my guts as well, don't really care. Part of being an Admin/Mod is that you're probably going to piss people off sometimes, goes with the territory. At the end of the day we're all Steelers fans, we're all part of one big Steeler family. I don't want to hold grudges, life's too short for that.

Crash has actually been allowed to log back in over at SX. I think Crash has had his issues but the guy is intelligent and knows the game, I hope that things work out for him because I'd rather he be contributing as a member of the forum, versus being banned.

My favorite troll was Timmah, that guy is comedic gold. Like I can't even believe he's actually real, that's how dumb that guy is. At first I thought someone created him, like a character of sorts for everyone's entertainment. Then I found his facebook page...
    Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 04-21-2018 at 06:42 AM.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
    Ah the trolls, there were some classics on SF, and a few at SX during my short tenures on both forums.

Speaking of Mods/Admins - Mach is good people, very level headed guy, and definitely not a follower. I'm sure there's people that hate my guts as well, don't really care. Part of being an Admin/Mod is that you're probably going to piss people off sometimes, goes with the territory. At the end of the day we're all Steelers fans, we're all part of one big Steeler family. I don't want to hold grudges, life's too short for that.

Crash has actually been allowed to log back in over at SX. I think Crash has had his issues but the guy is intelligent and knows the game, I hope that things work out for him because I'd rather he be contributing as a member of the forum, versus being banned.

My favorite troll was Timmah, that guy is comedic gold. Like I can't even believe he's actually real, that's how dumb that guy is. At first I thought someone created him, like a character of sorts for everyone's entertainment. Then I found his facebook page...
    And today is Timmah's birthday!!!!!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

I miss the Owl Dog

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I don't go to other teams' forums either... other than this one. I was a member of SF, and I'm an original member of this forum. The reason I come here is because my mother is a die hard Steelers fan.... and a number of my friends are, also.

I hear you about showing respect. I have no interest in flaming or causing trouble. I just come here to keep up on Steelers information so I can talk with my buddies about their team in an intelligent manner. Hell.... I think I know more about the Steelers than most Steelers fans...lol.

Anyway.... I will never disrespect your forum or your team, when I'm here.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I don't go to other teams' forums either... other than this one. I was a member of SF, and I'm an original member of this forum. The reason I come here is because my mother is a die hard Steelers fan.... and a number of my friends are, also.

I hear you about showing respect. I have no interest in flaming or causing trouble. I just come here to keep up on Steelers information so I can talk with my buddies about their team in an intelligent manner. Hell.... I think I know more about the Steelers than most Steelers fans...lol.

You're family, S&B.

Thank you.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    You're family, S&B.
    He’s the ugly sheep, but he’s our ugly sheep...

jk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Don’t post much any more, but S&B is an awesome contributor and never has been disrespectful. He’s family. There’s a Baltimore fan too that was always pretty awesome....crow something maybe? It’s been a while, like I said, memory isn’t as good as it used to be

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    And today is Timmah's birthday!!!!!
    Timmayyyyy!!!!

Wonder if that guy ever got another "writing" job? Seem to remember him claiming he was a sports journalist or something of the like.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Hey my Mom is a lifetime Raiders fan, I always respect people who can come to another team's forum and be contributing members. Different perspectives on things make for more interesting and varied discussions.

My youngest brother is a Steelers fan, my Dad and Middle brother are Dolphins fans. Othe members of my family are Packers fans. Little bit of everything going on lol.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Don’t post much any more, but S&B is an awesome contributor and never has been disrespectful. He’s family. There’s a Baltimore fan too that was always pretty awesome....crow something maybe? It’s been a while, like I said, memory isn’t as good as it used to be
    No, your memory is good lol.

Someone mentioned about not posting on another team’s forum. And S&B gave his reason(s). Mine are different. I am a Baltimore Ravens (former Baltimore Colt) fan. Over the years both franchises have been in several different divisions, but only one team has remained a consistent competitor: the Pittsburgh Steelers. I respect that. I also respect the opinions of their knowledgeable fans, who can look at the Ravens’ strengths and weaknesses through unjaded eyes; just as I can view the same with the Steelers.

IMO, troll posting is pointless. Yeah, make an imflammatory post or two, piss some folks off and skulk away giggling like a buffoon. Where’s the true joy in that? It’s like a kid opening a $$$ Christmas gift and spending the rest of the day playing with the empty box. It’s much more satisfying (or disheartening) to either open the eyes of other team’s fans of inherent weaknesses their teams may have that appear to be unrecognized or glossed over...or have the same done to you in return. Plus, you may learn some good terms (my friends laugh when Flacco launches a bomb and I call it a Moonball Joe pass).

Anyone can be a troll. Pittsburgh Sucks! Wow, that took effort! Step up and debate why. And know your subject. Otherwise, you’re just a goober.