Thread: Santorum Folds...

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Santorum Folds...

And that'll do it. Obama versus Romney

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...180027008.html
    Fire Goodell

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Re: Santorum Folds...

RON PAUL REVOLUTION!

Third party, yeah!

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

And you have to highlight "EVOL" as it spells love backwards...which is kind of ghey.
    Fire Goodell

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I just now heard this on the radio...I'm actually surprised he dropped out prior to PA

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    I just now heard this on the radio...I'm actually surprised he dropped out prior to PA
    Wasn't he behind in PA? He probably wanted to avoid being embarrassed, and I'm not saying that to insult him.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He was too country redneck for the mainstream.
    All Defense!

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Either he didnt want to lose Pa. or he ran out of money

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Either he didnt want to lose Pa. or he ran out of money
    It was a combination....he didn't want to spend money he didn't have to lose his home state in a race that he statistically couldn't win anyway. Plus the GOP heirarchy had had enough.
    Fire Goodell

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Well, that just leaves Gingrich and Paul. Gingrich finally got what he wanted...but its way too late for him to do anything.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Well, if there was ever a "presidential mold" in terms of personal appearance, Romney fits it.

Obama certainly doesn't so that shows how much that matters, eh?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

The whole media narrative from here on out will be that the Primary is over and no longer worth reporting on. Of course, things won't work out that neatly down in Tampa when everybody discovers that Romney doesn't actually have the delegates they claim he does.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    It was a combination....he didn't want to spend money he didn't have to lose his home state in a race that he statistically couldn't win anyway. Plus the GOP heirarchy had had enough.
    He already lost his home state. He wasn't even on the ballot in DC.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    The whole media narrative from here on out will be that the Primary is over and no longer worth reporting on. Of course, things won't work out that neatly down in Tampa when everybody discovers that Romney doesn't actually have the delegates they claim he does.
    Yeah I'm sure that's where Ron Paul will steal the nomination.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

I love the Onion.

Gingrich Urges Romney To Drop Out So He Can Focus On General Election

RALEIGH, NC—Following Rick Santorum's announcement Tuesday that he would end his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, candidate Newt Gingrich called upon frontrunner Mitt Romney to drop out of the race so the former House speaker could concentrate on the general election. "While I respect my challenger's right to fight through to the bitter end, the time has now come to unite behind one man so we can take back the White House in November," said Gingrich, addressing a crowd of 35 supporters at the Raleigh County Public Library. "My opponent should be congratulated on running a fine campaign. But I need him to swallow his pride, come back to reality, and tell all Republicans to throw their support behind Newt Gingrich as the next president of the United States." Gingrich noted that Romney's withdrawal would bolster Gingrich's fundraising efforts as he seeks to eliminate some of the $4.5 million in debt he has amassed thus far in his victorious campaign.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/gin...n-focus,27899/

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    He already lost his home state. He wasn't even on the ballot in DC.
    Rum pum pum!
    Fire Goodell

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that's where Ron Paul will steal the nomination.
    I would be astonished if that actually happened. It'd be like seeing a talking cat or something.
    No. Romney will be the nominee one way or another. The Party machine will see to it.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Good for him. I grew up in the town where he went to High School and I can't find a soul that was going to vote for that "person"