Thread: Kelvin Benjamin

Member Array title="Skinart82 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Kelvin Benjamin

How has no one brought up signing Benjamin??? Its a low risk, HIGH reward move, Hunter is on IR, Washintgon has shown nothing, DHB is special teams and Eli Rogers has not been brought up. I personally don't think his time in Buffalo should be used against him, who was throwing him the ball again????

And think of the match up nightmare, AB and Benjamin on the outside, JuJu in the slot, Vance and Samuels/Conner in the back field..... you're nuts if you leave AB one on one, if Benjamin gets behind you, it's over, and JuJu and Vance across the middle....

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Kelvin Benjamin

No, he's a bust imo, Washington will be fine and should have played against the Chargers.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Yeah why not? He was good during his time with Carolina and you can't blame his production in Buffalo, their QB situation is as bad as it was since JP Loseman

Plus wasn't this the guy Big Ben was hoping we'd draft? I'm for giving the guy a tryout

Member Array title="Skinart82 is an unknown quantity at this point">

This doesn't have to be a long term deal, pick up his $2 million till March, then maybe offer him a 1 year prove it deal after if he lights it up. I don't have confidence in Washington turning it on This season, next yes, not this late though, and if we suffer anymore injuries at WR, we're in real trouble.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe there are other reasons?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Reasons appear to be he is a low talent slacker

[W]hile he performed well in 2014 and 2016 (he missed all of 2015 with a knee injury), he was a player in noticeable decline by 2017 which is why the Panthers were willing to do deal him before his rookie contract had expired.

Still, the Bills sent their third- and seventh-round picks in the 2018 draft to Carolina to acquire Benjamin, hoping a change of scenery would do him good, and that he could be a productive ball catcher and a lethal weapon in the red zone.

What they got, instead, was a player who didn’t seem to buy into the team-first concept, never looked like he was giving maximum effort, and produced not like the No. 1 receiver he was purported to be, but like a backup as he totaled just 39 catches for 571 yards and two touchdowns in 18 games.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...rs/2215446002/

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    He is LAZY.......

does not want to work at his craft , refused to put in extra work with his QB ..the Bills had seen enough and rightfully so ...

maybe he does better elsewhere but I sure wouldn't want a low work ethic guy in my building and give that a chance to wear off on my guys ...

he can be someone else's roll of the dice as far as I am concerned ( not that my opinion matters )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

This is a dude playing WR that was 30lbs overweight with the Panthers one year. He does not love the game and he will not put in the work.

What a waste of talent. Stay away.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    This is a dude playing WR that was 30lbs overweight with the Panthers one year. He does not love the game and he will not put in the work.

What a waste of talent. Stay away.
    Sounds like Eddie Lacy! Heck we can use him now! What's he up to besides weight ?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He's lazy, he's not that good, he's got a big mouth, he's trouble. No thanks. I'd rather stick with DHB...and it's not close.

Kelvin Benjamin said he doesn't think he was put in a position to succeed with the Carolina Panthers because of quarterback Cam Newton
    Need go no further...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He'll probably be a star in KC...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He'll probably be a star in KC...
    Only against us.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar