Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heroes and Goats SD vs Pitt

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Heroes and Goats SD vs Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I'm going to make myself busy next Sunday I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Why they didn't let Haden follow Allen I'll never understand why. no one could cover him, he was taking everyone's lunch today.

Still chuckling seeing Bostic on Allen, I knew they would get a first down when I saw it.
    Not as funny as Bostic leading pro bowl voting. He's pedestrian at best and can't cover shit. Not 10% the player Shazier was.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

In defense of special teams I think Cannady injury left the lane and the block in the back didn’t help either.

As always there are identifiable rationale reasons for the loss but maybe that doesn’t always matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    In defense of special teams I think Cannady injury left the lane and the block in the back didn’t help either.

As always there are identifiable rationale reasons for the loss but maybe that doesn’t always matter.

A loss is a loss whether there are rationale reasons or not. Good teams over come those reasons...bad teams point out the reasons,

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    At least LeBeau had past success, Butler has done nothing but embarrass himself for 3 and 3/4th years
    Until Polamalu was injured (latter half of 2009) and then later in his career when he was no longer effective, anyway...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    A loss is a loss whether there are rationale reasons or not. Good teams over come those reasons...bad teams point out the reasons,
    Yep, and I can see the Rats taking the division. Ben can't play in Oakland then you have the Pats and Saints. Good night.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Funny thing is, I KNEW the game was going to end up the way it did as soon as the Haden/Davis collision in the endzone happened. I even stopped watching the game on TV at that point.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Turnover margin. And points off turnovers. Start and end of the story.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Turnover margin. And points off turnovers. Start and end of the story.
    Ben is causing them! It's like we are playing against Ben and not the teams! We hope Ben can rally late in the game to beat earlier sucky Ben!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    for what it’s worth our DB play has been getting exposed since Burnett’s latest injury and our O-line play has not been the same since Gilbert went out.

Key Injuries matter.

And strangely enough I think the team is missing a deep threat like Bryant, (I don’t think he’s even on the field for Oakland)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Ben is causing them! It's like we are playing against Ben and not the teams! We hope Ben can rally late in the game to beat earlier sucky Ben!
    Yes, but he has earned the right to turnover the football apparently. He has also earned the right to overthrow WR's like Hunter.....wonder if he gets a mention on the Tuesday radio show.

Honestly, Butler gets goat for using LB's to cover Allen, Fichtner for abandoning the run too early again and Ben for not being able to productively handle all the passing plays that Fichtner calls for him.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Heroes- The ones that didn't watch the game
    Goats- The ones that did

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    At least LeBeau had past success, Butler has done nothing but embarrass himself for 3 and 3/4th years
    Our last 6 first-round picks have been on defense, as well as three of our second-round picks in that span. Anyone who does that ought to have one of the most dominant, ass-kicking defenses in the league at this point. Yet here we are stumbling around like a stoned guy looking for his keys. (they're stuck in the couch, next to the remote.)

Eight of those nine picks have been at DB or LB, and those positions in particular are still our biggest problems.

As individual players, they mostly continue to have the same mistakes and problems that plagued them as rookies, and as a group they have little or no coordination.

All I can ask is, what in the actual fuck? How is this allowed to continue? You cannot chalk it up to merely bad luck in selecting players - it would have to be historically bad luck, like winning the reverse lottery. There is something else within the organization that simply does not work, and that is what is standing in the way of having a competent, if not excellent, defense. That really cannot be anything other than a coaching issue, whether that means Butler or the position coaches, or I suspect a bit of both. If nothing is done to address that, we are going to have the same on-field problems over and over, and our odds of winning a championship basically come down to a lucky roll of the dice.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Defenses run on playmakers now. Steelers have none. They have a collection of cogs that can function well together but can not force mistakes to happen.

Derwin James impacted the game last night. No other defensive player for either team really did.

Bears have Hicks, Mack, and Jackson all making sacks and getting turnovers. That’s the only path to defensive success. An 11 man unit that lacks a playmaker will eventually breakdown. Even 2 seasons ago that wasn’t the case. Looking across the league it is a repeated pattern.

Unless a defense can generate turnovers and turn to one or two key guys to just do ridiculous stuff you don’t have much of anything regardless of the resources you may have thrown at it.

Steelers are finally realizing that Watt and Hargrave are part of the puzzle. Need someone to emerge on the backend to make turnovers out of pressure. It is almost completely unbelievable that a team that generates this much pass rush can not get interceptions. Davis and Edmunds have been totally incapable of taking advantage.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Heroes- The ones that didn't watch the game
    Goats- The ones that did
    Winner.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

not sure why I keep seeing Boswell as one of the goats in this stinker ... sure he missed an XP but come on do the math thats just 1 point , we lost by 3 ....

biggest goat ..... The Line Judge he essentially has 1 job and he alone was responsible for 7 Charger Points

Ben --- why is it he has 1-2 throws a game that I can see on TV the mistake before he makes it ,its not always picked off but generally is ...

Tomlin --why does he always seem to want to challenge the spot of the damn ball over a half a foot of judgement ... you almost always lose that challenge and timeouts are important late in a game like that

Fichtner ( or Ben ) whomever decided to go deep to DHB in the end zone double covered his first offensive snap of the game , he had no chance and its a risky play to a not so sure handed receiver ( stupid call )

NO HEROES in a loss at home in prime time when you are up 14 and you have not lost in over 200 games under those circumstances
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

not sure why I keep seeing Boswell as one of the goats in this stinker ... sure he missed an XP but come on do the math thats just 1 point , we lost by 3 ....

biggest goat ..... The Line Judge he essentially has 1 job and he alone was responsible for 7 Charger Points

Ben --- why is it he has 1-2 throws a game that I can see on TV the mistake before he makes it ,its not always picked off but generally is ...

Tomlin --why does he always seem to want to challenge the spot of the damn ball over a half a foot of judgement ... you almost always lose that challenge and timeouts are important late in a game like that

Fichtner ( or Ben ) whomever decided to go deep to DHB in the end zone double covered his first offensive snap of the game , he had no chance and its a risky play to a not so sure handed receiver ( stupid call )

NO HEROES in a loss at home in prime time when you are up 14 and you have not lost in over 200 games under those circumstances
    That was a real head-scratcher.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

16. 23-7.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I forgot Butter , he doesn't get out of this one without a plate full of crow ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I forgot Butter , he doesn't get out of this one without a plate full of crow ...

Yeah, the best was when they needed a 3rd down stop at the end of the game they put Bostic on Allen and he wasn't within 5 yards of him for the converting reception.

Seriously, no Sutton, Allen, Watt or even Dangerfield to match up in the slot on Allen, but Jon Bostic??

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That was a real head-scratcher.
    All part of the throw it up and hope for a splash play offense.
    Hater = Realist