Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2064

Thread: What has happened to the Democratic party?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: What has happened to the Democratic party?

Look at that, the liberals appoint a new Supreme Court justice, and immediately they're overturning Roe v. Wade.

Just another day in Biden's America. Democrats need to OWN this.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Democrats need to OWN this.
    ^^^ duh

A person familiar with the court’s deliberations said that four of the other Republican-appointed justices — Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett — had voted with Alito in the conference held among the justices after hearing oral arguments in December, and that line-up remains unchanged as of this week.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...inion-00029473

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

the champions of homo's and pedophiles.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

idiot cortez gets busted lying while arguing with elon musk.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

DEMONS IN OUR MIDST: Jerry Nadler Argues Taking Babies to Hospital who Survive Abortions to Save Them – “Endangers” the Baby

yeah he said that. sick sick fuck. why are democrats so eager to kill children ? is it a sick fucking cult ?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Just saw this... I know it's about six months old but it's exactly why we're in the place we are now and why I no longer call myself a Republican or side with "conservatives" (although I am conservative my outlet myself).

EDIT: Clarifying my comments are directed at the cited post, not at Orion.

What conservative, in their right mind, believes that the FEDERAL government should spend millions (and that number is wrong, the correct number is a billion or more depending on which year is being discussed) on education? That should be a state-level expense. By comparison, the constitution . . .remember that thing that conservatives rail on about? Yeah, that. The constitution puts international policy, treaties, military defense, and so on, square on the shoulders of the federal government.

And, if anyone calling themselves conservatives think that spending money to stop Russian aggression into the West is not worthwhile, I suggest putting the crack pipe down and paying attention to more than wishful political agendas and myopic beliefs. The history of Russia teaches us two things. 1. Their goal is a fresh water port. Crimea, anyone? Their second goal is dominance over Eastern Europe, a rehash of the Soviet Union. Or, do we forget Putin stating the fall of the USSR was the "Greatest geopolitical tragedy of the 20th century." They believe all of those lands are theirs and they're willing to violate sovereignty to get them. Oh, and who is their single greatest enemy? To whom are their nuclear missiles still programed to hit if not pointed direct at? The United States. Either we pay 53 billion to the Ukraine now, or we pay trillions in a bloody war across Europe that would probably spill over to other continents ... a war directly between several nuclear-armed nations.

Yeah, I shake my head at what the GOP has become. Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.
    Last edited by Craic; 01-23-2023 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Just saw this... I know it's about six months old but it's exactly why we're in the place we are now and why I no longer call myself a Republican or side with "conservatives" (although I am conservative my outlet myself).

EDIT: Clarifying my comments are directed at the cited post, not at Orion.

What conservative, in their right mind, believes that the FEDERAL government should spend millions (and that number is wrong, the correct number is a billion or more depending on which year is being discussed) on education? That should be a state-level expense. By comparison, the constitution . . .remember that thing that conservatives rail on about? Yeah, that. The constitution puts international policy, treaties, military defense, and so on, square on the shoulders of the federal government.

And, if anyone calling themselves conservatives think that spending money to stop Russian aggression into the West is not worthwhile, I suggest putting the crack pipe down and paying attention to more than wishful political agendas and myopic beliefs. The history of Russia teaches us two things. 1. Their goal is a fresh water port. Crimea, anyone? Their second goal is dominance over Eastern Europe, a rehash of the Soviet Union. Or, do we forget Putin stating the fall of the USSR was the "Greatest geopolitical tragedy of the 20th century." They believe all of those lands are theirs and they're willing to violate sovereignty to get them. Oh, and who is their single greatest enemy? To whom are their nuclear missiles still programed to hit if not pointed direct at? The United States. Either we pay 53 billion to the Ukraine now, or we pay trillions in a bloody war across Europe that would probably spill over to other continents ... a war directly between several nuclear-armed nations.

Yeah, I shake my head at what the GOP has become. Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.
    couldnt agree more. i have been registered as an independent since 2018. the GOP is too deeply infiltrated to support. the vote for speaker shined a light on just how many of them i think can be trusted. 20.

the 300 million was the best they could do specifically for training and equipment. this is separate from education spending.

The Senate bill may open a door for some school security spending by providing $300 million in funding through the STOP School Violence Act, a federal grant program created after the Parkland shooting.

That funding would flow through Department of Justice programs that are currently collectively funded at about $133 million to pay for school security hardware, training for educators on school safety practices, and violence prevention efforts.
    https://www.edweek.org/policy-politi...fforts/2022/06

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Every major power is looking to throw their weight around. We've done it more than anyone else. Its all about money, power and resources for everyone who's done it. Maybe there should be more talk of de-scalation and peace and less about throwing billions dollars and weapons into a former Russian province before there's a nuclear exchange (yeah i think there's a real possibility) as there doesn't seem to be any grownups in charge.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

It doesn't matter who's in charge, it will be the same shit different toilet. Politicians regardless of party are yes men to whoever's lining their pockets. It just depends who you rather have as your overlords, big oil (republicans) or bankers (democrats)

anyone who thinks these parties care about the everyday american are just being delusional. it's the way it's been since the beginning of time, the ones who own all the wealth and resources call the shots. the average citizens have no say, they're expected to just be cogs in the machine
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    It doesn't matter who's in charge, it will be the same shit different toilet. Politicians regardless of party are yes men to whoever's lining their pockets.
    Hence the reason Dems and many Reps both hate Trump. He couldn't be bought.
    Hater = Realist