Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers celtics

Senior Member Array title="TatarMongol is an unknown quantity at this point"> TatarMongol's Avatar

Re: Lakers celtics

not a big fan of NBA since the end of Jordan days, but is it not right 2 root against the Boston becuase of the NE Cheaters? just wondering.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

its a bit disheartening to see sheed and garnett constantly have position and leaping for their lives as a rebound bounces into the hands of gasol or bynum just standing their flat on their feet.
    Can't coach tall.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by TatarMongol View Post
    not a big fan of NBA since the end of Jordan days, but is it not right 2 root against the Boston becuase of the NE Cheaters? just wondering.
    normally i would, just to see boston fans pissed and heartbroken, but individually i like more of the celtics players.

i think of kobe as the tom brady of basketball. he is like the jeff gordon of racing, the derrick jeter of baseball.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Ive always hated the Lakers, but I just dont see them losing this series.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    normally i would, just to see boston fans pissed and heartbroken, but individually i like more of the celtics players.

i think of kobe as the tom brady of basketball. he is like the jeff gordon of racing, the derrick jeter of baseball.

Exactly! Im not a fan of Boston, but have always liked Garnett and Allen. Kobe seems to be a spoiled little bitch, a man who has always been handed anything he wanted, and doesnt appreciate any of it. Its too bad too, because you cant deny the unbelievable amount of talent the guy has

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

I want the Lakers to win so Kobe can hopefully one day get more championships than Jordan so I can slam it right in the Carolina fans faces!!!

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

Garnett has nothing left. It's almost sad. They better hope Bynum's knee gives out because they are getting eaten alive inside.

Strength is Voluntary! Array title="SteelerStrength is an unknown quantity at this point">

There is not one player in the NBA that possesses the desire, and determination that Kobe lives for. Recently saw another special on Kobe, and how much game video he studies, and how many shots he takes to improve his game. This past summer, he even paid to have the great Hakeem "The Dream" school him on post footwork. Hakeem had some great things to say about Kobe's work ethic and desire to improve his game. Phil Jackson even said that Kobe's obsession to win, and the time he spends on improving his game, is far greater than any player he's ever coached.

It's my opinion, based upon the facts I've seen, that having that inate talent, to go along with an insatiable desire to win, and the will to punish himself through old-fashioned hard work, have made Kobe the champion he is today.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerStrength View Post
    There is not one player in the NBA that possesses the desire, and determination that Kobe lives for. Recently saw another special on Kobe, and how much game video he studies, and how many shots he takes to improve his game. This past summer, he even paid to have the great Hakeem "The Dream" school him on post footwork. Hakeem had some great things to say about Kobe's work ethic and desire to improve his game. Phil Jackson even said that Kobe's obsession to win, and the time he spends on improving his game, is far greater than any player he's ever coached.

It's my opinion, based upon the facts I've seen, that having that inate talent, to go along with an insatiable desire to win, and the will to punish himself through old-fashioned hard work, have made Kobe the champion he is today
    You mean it hasn't been handed to him like a spoiled little bitch.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Looks like the lakers will be the champs this year (if everything else falls into place)... Celtics just aren't ready....

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

i think the celts are ready...

theyre 1 season removed from being champions themselves, and they traveled a tough road through the playoffs to get this far.

they just have no answer for lakers bigs.

if the x-factor completely hinges on a 3 point shooting ace being hot for 4-7 games, then theres a problem.

nba finals record for one game and 0-13 the next.

Phil Jackson 47-0 after winning game 1, the game 3 winner has never lost a Finals, I think it's as good as wrapped up. Get your spot picked out for the parade ladies!!!

i dont believe in hocus pocus. the celts are gonna unleash hell.

Member Array title="klick81 is an unknown quantity at this point"> klick81's Avatar

i dont believe in hocus pocus. the celts are gonna unleash hell.
    Because that's what's required? Bwahahahaha!!!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
    Phil Jackson 47-0 after winning game 1, the game 3 winner has never lost a Finals, I think it's as good as wrapped up. Get your spot picked out for the parade ladies!!!
    True, the stats are against the Celtics, but they play the game on hardwood and not a spreadsheet. C's didnt deserve to win because they couldnt make shots and couldnt get stops when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    True, the stats are against the Celtics, but they play the game on hardwood and not a spreadsheet. C's didnt deserve to win because they couldnt make shots and couldnt get stops when needed.
    I agree, I'm just having some fun.

Hey Tony....

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
    I agree, I'm just having some fun.

Hey Tony....
    I know, but I still can't stand the arrogance of Kobe and Phil Jackson. My memory is a bit cloudy, but I cant remember Red wearing a IX hat for his 9 titles, or Scotty Bowman with a XI hat for his 11 stanley cup rings.

Phil+Jackson+poses+with+his+hat+and+holds+up+10+fingers+to+signify+his+10+NBA+championships.jpg

Phil takes the "CL" out of class.

Strength is Voluntary! Array title="SteelerStrength is an unknown quantity at this point">

I know, but I still can't stand the arrogance of Kobe and Phil Jackson. My memory is a bit cloudy, but I cant remember Red wearing a IX hat for his 9 titles, or Scotty Bowman with a XI hat for his 11 stanley cup rings.

Phil+Jackson+poses+with+his+hat+and+holds+up+10+fingers+to+signify+his+10+NBA+championships.jpg

Phil takes the "CL" out of class.
    Well, here is the real story for those interested. Assumptions without clarity, well you know what they say.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/18/b...pport-charity/

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Well, according to that story it was after the fact, and driven by fan popularity. Which is all well and good, but it still doesn't answer as to why he would do it in the first place.

He's a good coach, and he knows it... He's just making sure you know too. :rolleyes2:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Well, according to that story it was after the fact, and driven by fan popularity. Which is all well and good, but it still doesn't answer as to why he would do it in the first place.

He's a good coach, and he knows it... He's just making sure you know too. :rolleyes2:
    Phil's agents gave it to him as a custom gift, as it states in the story. I bought one, once they were made available, for a good friend of mine who loves the Lakers and couldn't afford to buy her own. She wore it to work to express her gratitude for the gift, as she stated. Moral, I see a nice gesture of gratitude for a special gift of recognition. We all see what we want to in every situation, through our own filter.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Hey Tone, I respectfully disagree with you this time. Kobe is not gay and the Lakers don't suck

Anyone think that Doc's complaining of the officiating, and sending a detailed video, will have any impact?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=5268744

He's one of the best coaches in the league, and very likeable.

no. i honestly think only phil has the clout to get in the ears of the refs.

and since last nights horrible calls seemed like obvious make up calls, there is no way the refs will give doc make ups and run the risk of pissing off phil and kobe again.

but i dont blame that for the loss. thats just a normal part of the game. if phil says steve nash travels you can damn well bet steve nash will be called for travelling. the good teams just gotta overcome the refs and phil begging for calls.

Anyone think that Doc's complaining of the officiating, and sending a detailed video, will have any impact?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=5268744

He's one of the best coaches in the league, and very likeable.
    I think both sides could send videos of the crappy refs. At least they were able to get two calls 100% correct last night.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    I think both sides could send videos of the crappy refs. At least they were able to get two calls 100% correct last night.
    Agreed!

Will we soon be hearing,"After further review..." at an NBA game? Crazy!

I think the reffing has been atrocious on both sides of the ball this Finals. It's really disappointing that the pinnacle of the game is handcuffed by shitty officials.

Well, here is the real story for those interested. Assumptions without clarity, well you know what they say.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/18/b...pport-charity/
    If you think the hat is all about charity and not his own vanity then you are mistaken. Easy to contribute and not make yourself the center of attention.

There is no I in team, but there is definately one in Phil. Granted, he isnt as self centered as Brett Favre, but still mostly the beneficiary of coaching Jordan, Kobe and Shaq in their prime and thinks he is the reason for the titles.

If you think the hat is all about charity and not his own vanity then you are mistaken. Easy to contribute and not make yourself the center of attention.

There is no I in team, but there is definately one in Phil. Granted, he isnt as self centered as Brett Favre, but still mostly the beneficiary of coaching Jordan, Kobe and Shaq in their prime and thinks he is the reason for the titles.
    Since I haven't seen any proof to the contrary, only opinion, than I will happily not make assumptions, but admit that you may be correct. It's a subject that I find of no great importance, but your vigor increases my curiousity. Are there any facts that we are unaware of, that you know, that brought you to your conclusion?

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Phil's agents gave it to him as a custom gift, as it states in the story. I bought one, once they were made available, for a good friend of mine who loves the Lakers and couldn't afford to buy her own. She wore it to work to express her gratitude for the gift, as she stated. Moral, I see a nice gesture of gratitude for a special gift of recognition. We all see what we want to in every situation, through our own filter.
    Fair enough.

Since I haven't seen any proof to the contrary, only opinion, than I will happily not make assumptions, but admit that you may be correct. It's a subject that I find of no great importance, but your vigor increases my curiousity. Are there any facts that we are unaware of, that you know, that brought you to your conclusion?
    Here's an excerpt from a J. A. Adnande article where Phil Jackson basically tells the Suns the should stay out of politics (by wearing Los Suns jerseys on Cinco de mayo) but Phil himself openly campaigned for Bill Bradley for president. Do what Philip says, not what he does......arrogance IMO.

Then he mildly scolded the Suns.

“I don’t think teams should get involved in the political stuff. And I think this one’s still kind of coming out to balance as to how it’s going to be favorably looked upon by our public. If I heard it right the American people are really for stronger immigration laws, if I’m not mistaken. Where we stand as basketball teams, we should let that kind of play out and let the political end of that go where it’s going to go.”

That was surprising to hear coming from a man who not only supported Bill Bradley for the Democratic presidential nomination, he wore a Bradley campaign pin on his suit during games. Jackson reminded me that the NBA made him stop wearing it. And apparently that was the end of his political proclamations…although he did take one parting shot.

“I kind of wish [Bradley] would have been the president,” Jackson said. “After all was said and done, that [George W. Bush] situation.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...cs-in-the-past