Thread: Report: Diontae Johnson underwent sports hernia surgery

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Report: Diontae Johnson underwent sports hernia surgery

Steelers receiver Diontae Johnson underwent sports hernia surgery last week, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ernia-surgery/

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Report: Diontae Johnson underwent sports hernia surgery

Probably been bothering him for months having to carry JuJu's jock all season.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Probably been bothering him for months having to carry JuJu's jock all season.

Seriously though, I really think that JuJu will bounce back and if DJ and JW can build off of what they did last season, they can potentially light it up next season.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Here’s a stat...

Most forced missed-tackles by a WR:
    1. Diontae Johnson
    2. Chris Godwin (2nd team All-Pro)

SUMMATION:
    I can’t wait to see what this kid does with a healthy abdomen.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post

Seriously though, I really think that JuJu will bounce back and if DJ and JW can build off of what they did last season, they can potentially light it up next season.
    Yea and was just teasing and think JuJu comes back strong. I agree and both maybe a force together in the future!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Here’s a stat...

Most forced missed-tackles by a WR:
    1. Diontae Johnson
    2. Chris Godwin (2nd team All-Pro)

SUMMATION:
    I can’t wait to see what this kid does with a healthy abdomen.

I was talking up Godwin big before that draft. I got to see his entire career at Penn State. I felt he was built to succeed at the NFL level.

He has turned into a real force.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I was talking up Godwin big before that draft. I got to see his entire career at Penn State. I felt he was built to succeed at the NFL level.

He has turned into a real force.
    what do you think of KJ Hamler?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    what do you think of KJ Hamler?
    I worry about his size and build. He was a great college player that could impact a game in multiple ways.

He's a great kick returner and is electric with the ball in his hands. He is a threat every time he touches the ball. When in open field, he's nearly impossible to tackle. I really worry that he will struggle when he takes hits and with the physical play at the NFL level. His route running needs to improve as well and will struggle when pressed at the LOS.

He is a DeSean Jackson type, but I wouldn't draft him high. I hope he does well, but I have some doubts about him. He needs to get a lot stronger.

Just my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I worry about his size and build. He was a great college player that could impact a game in multiple ways.

He's a great kick returner and is electric with the ball in his hands. He is a threat every time he touches the ball. When in open field, he's nearly impossible to tackle. I really worry that he will struggle when he takes hits and with the physical play at the NFL level. His route running needs to improve as well and will struggle when pressed at the LOS.

He is a DeSean Jackson type, but I wouldn't draft him high. I hope he does well, but I have some doubts about him. He needs to get a lot stronger.

Just my opinion.
    thanks, I only asked because I saw this article:

2020 NFL Scouting Combine: One player for each team to watch

By Charley Casserly
    NFL Media analyst
    Published: Feb. 14, 2020

PITTSBURGH STEELERS: K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State. The Steelers need a speed receiver to alleviate some of the attention on JuJu Smith-Schuster. Hamler is the guy, as a dynamic speedster who could excel in the slot. He's expected to register a sub-4.4 40-yard dash in Indy, which could boost his stock.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-team-to-watch

Just my opinion.
    The one I find intriguing for Penn State is Windsor on D but wouldn't draft him till late either.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    thanks, I only asked because I saw this article:

2020 NFL Scouting Combine: One player for each team to watch

By Charley Casserly
    NFL Media analyst
    Published: Feb. 14, 2020

PITTSBURGH STEELERS: K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State. The Steelers need a speed receiver to alleviate some of the attention on JuJu Smith-Schuster. Hamler is the guy, as a dynamic speedster who could excel in the slot. He's expected to register a sub-4.4 40-yard dash in Indy, which could boost his stock.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-team-to-watch

I agree with just about every part of their assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    The one I find intriguing for Penn State is Windsor on D but wouldn't draft him till late either.

Love the kid, but he's undersized and doesn't have the frame to add a ton of weight. He has a great motor and has played above his measurables.

If he can add some weight and strength while keeping his current speed and agility, he could make a roster and get some playing time. If not, he is likely a bottom of the roster type of guy at best. He's the type of player everybody loves and will pull for. I hope he surprises me.

I agree with just about every part of their assessment.
    but I see your point, at 5'9" and only 174 lbs Hamler will have trouble with the physicality of the NFL...

Love the kid, but he's undersized and doesn't have the frame to add a ton of weight. He has a great motor and has played above his measurables.

If he can add some weight and strength while keeping his current speed and agility, he could make a roster and get some playing time. If not, he is likely a bottom of the roster type of guy at best. He's the type of player everybody loves and will pull for. I hope he surprises me.
    Thanks for you're response and yea his size is a bit of a worry, I take a shot at him in the 6th though. Of course he may go undrafted cause of his size. I like him too though.