Thread: A Pretty Convincing Theory Says CTE Is To Blame For Antonio Brown’s Bizarre Behavior

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

A Pretty Convincing Theory Says CTE Is To Blame For Antonio Brown’s Bizarre Behavior

A Pretty Convincing Theory Says CTE Is To Blame For Antonio Brown’s Bizarre Behavior

by Connor Toole 12 hours ago

As Dak Prescott recently proved, there is no shortage of divas in the NFL and the Steelers learned this lesson the hard way last season when they were forced to deal with the egos of both Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown.

After off of the roller coaster ride that was the former’s holdout, the team found itself once again dealing with some drama courtesy of the latter, who demanded a trade and would eventually get what he wanted when he was dealt to the Raiders after spending the offseason firing shots at Pittsburgh.

to read rest of article:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...rown-have-cte/

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: A Pretty Convincing Theory Says CTE Is To Blame For Antonio Brown’s Bizarre Behavior

Well it certainly could be. However, he's had problems of one sort or another most of his life.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: A Pretty Convincing Theory Says CTE Is To Blame For Antonio Brown’s Bizarre Behavior

I don't buy the CTE excuse.

Brown has always been a diva (especially after hearing Ryan Clark's memories of him from day 1) but the day he became uncontrollable was the day Dan Rooney died.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Theories have to be proven.

If he acted “normal” before the Burfict hit, maybe the most memorable shot he took and the one many reference to explain his erratic behavior and possible CTE, you could possibly accept it.

But he didn’t. He was acting like a selfish jerk for a long time with all attempts made to keep it quiet.
    It’s been documented by many.
    I’m certainly not saying he doesn’t suffer from a degree of CTE, but I’m not buying it to explain him being a first class diva.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Theories have to be proven.

If he acted “normal” before the Burfict hit, maybe the most memorable shot he took and the one many reference to explain his erratic behavior and possible CTE, you could possibly accept it.

But he didn’t. He was acting like a selfish jerk for a long time with all attempts made to keep it quiet.
    It’s been documented by many.
    I’m certainly not saying he doesn’t suffer from a degree of CTE, but I’m not buying it to explain him being a first class diva.
    But even if AB was a diva the steelers could control Brown before

Maybe Brown would have acted in the same way without Burfict's hit, we do not know, but in the last few years it's been getting worse and worse and since last year it's really been out of control

...;

On reddit...

A list of every AB drama incident

Dated Incidents:

9/7/14: Kicks Spencer Lanning in the face during a punt return

1/15/17: Facebook live streaming a locker room only speech given by Tomlin

10/1/17: Tosses cooler on the sideline against the Ravens because Ben didn't target him

7/28/18: Shows up to training camp in a helicopter

8/12/18: Appeared over four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital without any explanation as to why he was so late

9/7/18: Makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”

9/12/18: He threatened to beat up a reporter after an unflattering article. "Wait until I see u bro we gonna see what your jaw like"

9/17/18: In response to a critical tweet saying that Ben was the person responsible for AB's success, AB tweeted back "Trade Me, Find Out."

9/17/18: After a loss to the Chiefs, Brown didn't show up for monday meetings. He said he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”

10/9/18: Threw furniture off of a 14th story balcony and almost killed a toddler

11/8/18: Clocked over 100mph on McKnight Road, 55mph over the posted speed limit. He then told police that he was late for a team meeting.

12/25/18: Repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after losing an important game 31-28 against the Saints

12/30/18: Skipped team practice before a pivotal Week 17 game against the Bengals. Showed up to the game, told he wasn't going to play, and left at halftime.

1/17/19: Shoved his baby mama to the ground

2/1/19: Dyed his mustache a hideous blonde

2/18/19: Names himself Mr. Big Chest during a post workout instagram live video

3/2/19: AB in a ESPN interview: " I don’t need the game. I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone. If they want to play, they’re going to play by my rules.”

3/13/19: AB in his first press Raiders press conference “There will be a new standard. … There will be fines. I can’t do it all in one day but we’re going to change things here.”

4/7/19: Got butthurt that JuJu was named 2018 Steelers MVP posting on instagram "boy fumbled the whole post season in the biggest game of the year"

4/7/19: Reposted a text from Juju from when Juju was at USC asking AB for advice on how to be a better receiver.

5/14/19: When he returned to Pittsburgh for the first time after his trade, he claims that he "never got to say goodbye".

7/26/19: Entered Raider training camp in a hot air balloon

7/28/19: Reposted to his own youtube channel the SB Nation video about his own drama with Ben

8/3/19: Bizarre feet frostbite because he didn't wear proper footwear in a France Cryochamber

8/9/19: Threatens to retire because the NFL won't allow him to wear his favorite helmet

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...rama_incident/

Most of his incidents are since last year.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I don't buy the CTE excuse.
    Me either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    But even if AB was a diva the steelers could control Brown before

Maybe Brown would have acted in the same way without Burfict's hit, we do not know, but in the last few years it's been getting worse and worse and since last year it's really been out of control

...;

On reddit...

A list of every AB drama incident

Dated Incidents:

9/7/14: Kicks Spencer Lanning in the face during a punt return

1/15/17: Facebook live streaming a locker room only speech given by Tomlin

10/1/17: Tosses cooler on the sideline against the Ravens because Ben didn't target him

7/28/18: Shows up to training camp in a helicopter

8/12/18: Appeared over four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital without any explanation as to why he was so late

9/7/18: Makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”

9/12/18: He threatened to beat up a reporter after an unflattering article. "Wait until I see u bro we gonna see what your jaw like"

9/17/18: In response to a critical tweet saying that Ben was the person responsible for AB's success, AB tweeted back "Trade Me, Find Out."

9/17/18: After a loss to the Chiefs, Brown didn't show up for monday meetings. He said he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”

10/9/18: Threw furniture off of a 14th story balcony and almost killed a toddler

11/8/18: Clocked over 100mph on McKnight Road, 55mph over the posted speed limit. He then told police that he was late for a team meeting.

12/25/18: Repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after losing an important game 31-28 against the Saints

12/30/18: Skipped team practice before a pivotal Week 17 game against the Bengals. Showed up to the game, told he wasn't going to play, and left at halftime.

1/17/19: Shoved his baby mama to the ground

2/1/19: Dyed his mustache a hideous blonde

2/18/19: Names himself Mr. Big Chest during a post workout instagram live video

3/2/19: AB in a ESPN interview: " I don’t need the game. I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone. If they want to play, they’re going to play by my rules.”

3/13/19: AB in his first press Raiders press conference “There will be a new standard. … There will be fines. I can’t do it all in one day but we’re going to change things here.”

4/7/19: Got butthurt that JuJu was named 2018 Steelers MVP posting on instagram "boy fumbled the whole post season in the biggest game of the year"

4/7/19: Reposted a text from Juju from when Juju was at USC asking AB for advice on how to be a better receiver.

5/14/19: When he returned to Pittsburgh for the first time after his trade, he claims that he "never got to say goodbye".

7/26/19: Entered Raider training camp in a hot air balloon

7/28/19: Reposted to his own youtube channel the SB Nation video about his own drama with Ben

8/3/19: Bizarre feet frostbite because he didn't wear proper footwear in a France Cryochamber

8/9/19: Threatens to retire because the NFL won't allow him to wear his favorite helmet

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...rama_incident/

Most of his incidents are since last year.
    And for all of that, AB has never been penalized in any way and in fact was handsomely rewarded with more guaranteed money.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Dan Rooney died in April of 2017. (He died the same day my step father died). The timeline clearly shows Brown spinning out of control after that. It was Dan Rooney that kept him under wraps.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Dan Rooney died in April of 2017. (He died the same day my step father died). The timeline clearly shows Brown spinning out of control after that. It was Dan Rooney that kept him under wraps.
    true

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

True, it could be the Cus D'Amato effect. Sorta like how Tyson went nuts after he passed away.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    True, it could be the Cus D'Amato effect. Sorta like how Tyson went nuts after he passed away.
    maybe Cus D'Amato was able to reason with Tyson and keep him from being the arrogant jerk AB has become...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    maybe Cus D'Amato was able to reason with Tyson and keep him from being the arrogant jerk AB has become...
    Yep that was my point, Cus was pretty much that father figure that prevented him from flying off the rails

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

You don't get CTE from one concussion

/thread
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

/thread
    Right. But, you get being a dick head from being a dick head.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

/thread
    Concussion Center at NYU Langone Medical Center says otherwise.

And no one knows how many head injuries he may have really had...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler