Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Opponents .

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

2018 Opponents .

In addition to games against AFC North opponents, the Steelers will play the AFC West and NFC South, which means some miles to travel next season.

At home the Steelers will have their normal AFC North matchups against the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns. The Steelers will also host the Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers and New England Patriots.

On the road the Steelers will take on AFC North rivals Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland. Outside of the division the Steelers will be at the Denver Broncos, Jacksonville Jaguars, New Orleans Saints, Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

We got the Cheats at home again.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: 2018 Opponents .

Tough schedule.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Yeh we will be lucky to come out 9-7

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

@Denver, @Oakland, @New Orleans, and @Jacksonville.

The Steelers have not won in Denver since 2009, haven't won in Oakland since 1994, haven't won in NO since 1990, and lost to Jacksonville twice in 2017.

Three houses of horrors for the Steelers, and another team that has their number. I see three losses right in this group of games.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This team can't come out flat and unprepared and hope Big Ben, AB, and Bo$ will bail them out numerous times again

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This team can't come out flat and unprepared and hope Big Ben, AB, and Bo$ will bail them out numerous times again
    I've already come to accept that this team is the way it will be. As long as Tomlin is under headset, They will continue to underachieve, hoping their talent will take them over the top.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

A really don't like playing in Denver and Oakland. Traveling to Jax and N.O. will be something different for a change. The home schedule is great. It will be fun to look back at all the changes on this team between now and that first real kickoff. Looking at this schedule, we must get some pressure on the QB next season. what do you guys/girls think about the QBs we will be facing next season?

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Damn, this schedule doesn't look good at all. Of course there are always injuries that can and will determine teams outcome, hopefully not our team, but it happens. Looking at the good teams we are playing, and then losing to the teams that we should beat but won't ( Tomlin having team unprepared), it really doesn't look like a promising year. Hopefully our division comes out flat and we can sneak in as division winners then slip in the playoffs.....don't forget we did win a SB as 6th seed on the road the whole playoff series. Have faith. Go Steeler's !

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

With this offense I am not scared of any one. Hopefully the defense improves if only a little... 13 and 3

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I've already come to accept that this team is the way it will be. As long as Tomlin is under headset, They will continue to underachieve, hoping their talent will take them over the top.
    This is pretty muxh where I have been for 4 plus years. This year just solidfied it.

Our Culture and our focus is what needs to change.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    In addition to games against AFC North opponents, the Steelers will play the AFC West and NFC South, which means some miles to travel next season.

At home the Steelers will have their normal AFC North matchups against the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns. The Steelers will also host the Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers and New England Patriots.

On the road the Steelers will take on AFC North rivals Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland. Outside of the division the Steelers will be at the Denver Broncos, Jacksonville Jaguars, New Orleans Saints, Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

We got the Cheats at home again.

You play football once a week (sometimes more with ridiculous Thursday games) but travel should never be an issue. I mean look at the NBA/NHL. Those guys play over 80 games a year and travel constantly. To me the NFL has it easy. I mean how many leagues can a team practice at home all week for a game and then travel the day before? The NFL is the only league where that is possible.

It's a tough schedule but the NFL is so hard to predict. I mean one season a team like Tampa could be 5-11 and the next season 11-5. Which brings me to the Steelers schedule next year. There's no way we hit 13-3 again. We had too many games we barely won against teams with backup or subpar QB's starting. I see a 10-6 season this year with a possible division win (if Ravens shit bed) and a #3/4 seed. I see the Pats/Jags as the #1/2 seeds.

NON-DIVISIONAL:
    @Tampa = W (they played horrible last season)
    @Saints = L (Brees @ home)
    @Raider = L (Tough road game)
    @Denver = W (no QB)
    KC = W (rookie QB)
    Chargers = W (home game)
    Panthers = W (home game)
    Falcons = W (shootout)
    @Jags = L (they own us)
    Patriots = L (they own us)

DIVISIONAL:

Ravens W/L (normal split)
    Bengals W/L (normal split)
    Browns W/W (it's the Browns LOL)

My parents live about 2 hours south of Tampa so I'm hoping that game is around Thanksgiving so I can parley a visit into a road game!

According to this break down the Steelers have the 25th hardest schedule which puts them in the "easy" category.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 02-12-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Nice prediction Ezrz Tank.....BUT don't forget as in the Denver game and KC game, 'NO QB' or ' ROOKIE QB' doesn't necessarily mean a WIN with this team !

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I can remember RG3, Dak, and Watson beating more than a few teams as rookies. I don't think it's anything unique to the Steelers. Jimmy G ran off a win streak in SF after 2 seasons of riding pine. Foles just won a SB. I think some on here don't give enough credit to those that may not wear the black and yellow, for being competent athletes and football players.

Denver is a tough place to play, it just is. KC let Smith go to Washington, so I'm guessing they feel confidence in moving forward with Mahomes. We will also face Brees, Brady, Ryan, Newton, Carr, Rivers, the Browns' new rookie, Flacco, McCarron(calling it now), whoever QBs the Buccs, and that darn Jags team. This is a great schedule. I see it as every week has a real chance to be a playoff matchup.

Junior Member Array title="Remahlehs is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    @Jags = L (they own us)
    What a strange, but accurate statement to read. If you would have told me this a year ago, I would have laughed in your face.

I agree with your games for the most part, but I believe we can go into Oakland and win. The Raiders didn't impress me this past year, and I'm not on the Jon Gruden hype train.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That’s a tough schedule and not in the win or loss kinda way...that’s a schedule with quite a few teams that have had the Steelers numbers and quite a few that have been a thorn in the Steelers side for a long time...that schedule for many teams may be an “easy one” but for Pittsburgh, that one could be a disaster...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I can remember RG3, Dak, and Watson beating more than a few teams as rookies. I don't think it's anything unique to the Steelers. Jimmy G ran off a win streak in SF after 2 seasons of riding pine. Foles just won a SB. I think some on here don't give enough credit to those that may not wear the black and yellow, for being competent athletes and football players.

Denver is a tough place to play, it just is. KC let Smith go to Washington, so I'm guessing they feel confidence in moving forward with Mahomes. We will also face Brees, Brady, Ryan, Newton, Carr, Rivers, the Browns' new rookie, Flacco, McCarron(calling it now), whoever QBs the Buccs, and that darn Jags team. This is a great schedule. I see it as every week has a real chance to be a playoff matchup.
    If playing those QBs doesn't tighten up our defense nothing will. Lol

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Tough schedule.
    Steelers' 2018 schedule ranks 25th toughest in the NFL

ADAM BITTNER
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201802130157

Quote Originally Posted by Remahlehs View Post
    What a strange, but accurate statement to read. If you would have told me this a year ago, I would have laughed in your face.

I agree with your games for the most part, but I believe we can go into Oakland and win. The Raiders didn't impress me this past year, and I'm not on the Jon Gruden hype train.
    The Jags have historically had our number the past 15 years. They are thorn in our ass.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Steelers' 2018 schedule ranks 25th toughest in the NFL

ADAM BITTNER
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201802130157
    I don't see nothing easy about it.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

First of all, 25th easiest schedule is always problematic for the Steelers

Second of all, the schedule has a lot of teams and places that give the Steelers fits
    New England: The Pats own the Steelers, and the Steelers coaching staff always seem to choke on their own shit against this team while the defense always leaves defenders wide open
    Jacksonville: It seems every time the Steelers play competitive Jacksonville teams in recent memory, they lose (even when they play Jags teams that suck ass, the Jags still manage to lose by only 1 score)
    Denver: Steelers haven't been able to win in Denver this decade. Plus this could easily be the obligatory loss to a bad team
    Oakland: Steelers haven't won in this stadium this millenium.....against absolutely dreadful Raiders teams. Plus Derek Carr will likely torch Keith Butler's defense like he did in 2015
    New Orleans: The stadium is next to impossible for any visitor to win in when this team is good.
    Baltimore (road): I am including @Baltimore in here even after a 26-9 victory. With the way this team struggles in Baltimore, what are the odds they win 2 games in a row in that stadium?

With the defense we have ( or lack of) this schedule is going to torch us. Ben is going to have to put up 50 points a game !

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    With the defense we have ( or lack of) this schedule is going to torch us. Ben is going to have to put up 50 points a game !
    The defense was vastly improved when Shazier and Haden were in. If they fill the Shazier hole at 80% they will be more than fine. Watt is going to be a beast in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The defense was vastly improved when Shazier and Haden were in. If they fill the Shazier hole at 80% they will be more than fine. Watt is going to be a beast in 2018.
    True as far as when Shazier was in. I hope you're right on finding someone to replace Shazier, which will be really hard even at 80% ( like trying to find someone like Troy P.). And having Watt hitting the beast mode would be spectacular. Now, how about that secondary and tackling ?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Those opponents got me skerred. I see no way (NO WAY) that we beat ANY of them.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Those opponents got me skerred. I see no way (NO WAY) that we beat ANY of them.

0 - 16 here we come

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Oakland: Steelers haven't won in this stadium this millenium.....against absolutely dreadful Raiders teams. Plus Derek Carr will likely torch Keith Butler's defense like he did in 2015
    Don't forget that WR Terrelle Pryor blewed up this defense as a pretend QB when Butlers master was still DC.

I believe you mean blewded up.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

NFL Minute: Steelers' 2018 schedule is tougher than you think

By: Justin Rocke

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...han-you-think/

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Tough schedule.

Toughest in years. More worrisome is we never play well in Mountain or Pacific time zones. No internal team distractions this year, please.