Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colin Cowherd:Mike Tomlin actually hurting the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Colin Cowherd:Mike Tomlin actually hurting the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I'm starting to think Cowherd is more obsessed with Tomlin than Ray Finkle was of Dan Marino.

Joking aside, Cowherd is smart in that he talks about the fan favorites.

He used to bash Tony Romo, because Dallas has a big fan base. Then, he loved Tony Romo, because Dallas has a big fan base. Then, he slammed Dez Bryant, because Dallas has a big fan base. Then, he loved Dez Bryant, because Dallas has a big fan base.

The same goes for the Steelers. Tomlin, BB, AB, Bell (et al) are people he "obsesses" about... because, the Steelers have a big fan base.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Joking aside, Cowherd is smart in that he talks about the fan favorites.

He used to bash Tony Romo, because Dallas has a big fan base. Then, he loved Tony Romo, because Dallas has a big fan base. Then, he slammed Dez Bryant, because Dallas has a big fan base. Then, he loved Dez Bryant, because Dallas has a big fan base.

The same goes for the Steelers. Tomlin, BB, AB, Bell (et al) are people he "obsesses" about... because, the Steelers have a big fan base.
    That will never overtake his man crush on Brady.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I'm starting to think Cowherd is more obsessed with Tomlin than Ray Finkle was of Dan Marino.
    I'm starting to think people on this board are obsessed with Cowherd. He's accomplished his goal with this thread.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Cowherd seems to have a bit of a hard on for the Steelers but that doesnt mean he doesnt speak some truth. Tomlin is very emotional, Ben is mediocre on the road and the Steelers are OK on the road. If AB doesnt catch that hope-and-a-prayer Ben throws up for grabs the Steelers might lose the game. The current Steeler teams have fallen victim more than once to the fact they walk onto a field and expect to win because they wear the Black and Gold. A lot of times people dont want facts pushed in their faces if they are true and hurt to hear.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Cowherd seems to have a bit of a hard on for the Steelers but that doesnt mean he doesnt speak some truth. Tomlin is very emotional, Ben is mediocre on the road and the Steelers are OK on the road. If AB doesnt catch that hope-and-a-prayer Ben throws up for grabs the Steelers might lose the game. The current Steeler teams have fallen victim more than once to the fact they walk onto a field and expect to win because they wear the Black and Gold. A lot of times people dont want facts pushed in their faces if they are true and hurt to hear.
    -

I love when fans call that throw by Ben a "hope-and-a-prayer" or lucky.

Did you watch the game? Did you see the throw?

He moved around, saw that AB was working downfield to the sideline, and Ben threw it high and away from the inside coverage and the deep safety. AB then made a great catch, but the pass was thrown where Ben wanted it to give AB a chance.

You're making it sound like an Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary into the endzone with no time on the clock. It was nothing like that.

Which facts are true and hurt to hear? You mean like they have won more Super Bowls than anyone else? That the "mediocre" quarterback on the road is walking into the Hall of Fame?

Teams that just expect to win by showing up don't go to the AFC championship game with half the team out due to injury.

The most amazing thing is listening to fans that have seen so much success from this franchise but still don't think they have any chance to win, and criticize every aspect of the team endlessly.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I think some of us are confusing causation with correlation.

FACT: Tomlin wears cool shades.

Thus.....

CAUSATION: ...less sun gets in Tomlin's eyes.

CORRELATION: ...the Steelers struggled against the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    “Mike Tomlin and Pete Carroll have created highly emotional cultures,” he said. “This is what they have chosen. The payoff is they’re virtually unbeatable at home. They’re not even close to the same teams on the road.”
    What cracks me up is his selective memory. I, um, wouldn't say Tomlin has created a highly emotion culture. Just the opposite. He calmed down the emotional culture Bill Cowher had set. I remember SF ranting and raving because Tomlin wasn't stomping up and down the field screaming while his players were dodging flying globs of saliva like Cowher did.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well the reality is that we do play down on the road and Tonkin is an emotional guy. It's an easy 2+2. If someone else had said it, more credence would be given to it.

It's as good as every other explanation I've heard on why we play down to our competition.
    See above.