Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Week 11: Steelers at Cleveland Frowns

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Re: Week 11: Steelers at Cleveland Frowns

they will rule it incomplete

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Shazier is the key element in this defense. When he plays well - things happen.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Shazier if fast! Wow, huge play!

- - - Updated - - -

Is everyone still convinced the Steelers will lose this game?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Did anyone notice, has Hargrave been playing more as a DE or a DT...I wonder if he is better as a DE right now...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Shazier is the key element in this defense. When he plays well - things happen.
    I think it's the matter of Jarvis Jones not being out there. He's clearly a weak link in the Defense and he sucks.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Worked that time!

Also, if the Ravens continue to only be able to score 10 against Dallas - does that mean Harbaugh needs to be fired or that they are an undisciplined team?
    Hard to say without watching it but over the past 3 years, I would say no, he doesn't deserve to be fired. He hasn't made as many questionable decisions as some coaches and his team isn't as talented as Pittsburgh.

Nice play by Shazier!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

ok i can breathe easier

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    mitchell hit hard but I do not like him at all...matter of fact i think he sucks
    Mediocre in any type of coverage...lowers his shoulder but rarely puts up a clean tackle. Could be replaced by just about any starting safety in the league.

goddamn that was a hit

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

If nothing else the Steelers are hitting some people today....lol

Looks like someone FINALLY realized that Jones is better as an ILB in a 3-4. Timmons is rotating to the edge when Jones comes in.

This is what I was talking about in another thread - get creative about the roles and alignments you put players in. Don't get rigid in your thinking.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tuitt...WOW!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Yeah. I think he has been over rated in the NFL since Day 1.

Butler hasn't been using Mitchell the same way this year. He was dishing out humungous hits like that all last year. With the youth in the secondary, he hasn't been using him the same way this year. When he is allowed to just come up and pop people, he makes NFL receivers drop passes, get alligator arms, and has an intimidation factor that can't be denied.

He is not a great cover safety, and he is not perfect.....but man he can hit.

excuse me, but THAT WASN'T HOLDING AGAINST MOATS??? The guy rode him all the way to the ground!

Looks like someone FINALLY realized that Jones is better as an ILB in a 3-4. Timmons is rotating to the edge when Jones comes in.

This is what I was talking about in another thread - get creative about the roles and alignments you put players in. Don't get rigid in your thinking.
    It's a start...but it is Cleveland...

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Butler hasn't been using Mitchell the same way this year. He was dishing out humungous hits like that all last year. With the youth in the secondary, he hasn't been using him the same way this year. When he is allowed to just come up and pop people, he makes NFL receivers drop passes, get alligator arms, and has an intimidation factor that can't be denied.

He is not a great cover safety, and he is not perfect.....but man he can hit.
    Yeah, I'll agree with that. Mitchell has been forced into the role of QB in the secondary - who else is going to do it? He is the only experienced starter.

While there are lots of things that I don't like about Mitchell - his hitting is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    Mediocre in any type of coverage...lowers his shoulder but rarely puts up a clean tackle. Could be replaced by just about any starting safety in the league.

Not when he's put in a position in the field and scheme that plays to his strengths. Remember, he moved to FS because of the deficiencies at safety. He is a natural SS.

People seem to forget how much he helped this defense last year with that vicious hitting and intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It's a start...but it is Cleveland...
    For sure! But at least they are trying things. This week it had great results, but I am even more excited about the process rather than the results.

Whatever flavor of zone-bltizing 3-4 you want to role out there, it works best when you start moving people all over the place and do totally unexpected things. Something we have not seen from this team so far in 2016.

These Lebeau like 10 yard cushions are really frustrating. I had hoped Butler would be a little more aggressive. I'm not expecting a Buddy Ryan 46 defense with press man coverage but just conceding these 6-8 yard passes is just infuriating

These Lebeau like 10 yard cushions are really frustrating. I had hoped Butler would be a little more aggressive. I'm not expecting a Buddy Ryan 46 defense with press man coverage but just conceding these 6-8 yard passes is just infuriating
    Look at the clock and scoreboard. I suspect that it is by design and might not be the case if the game situation was different.

lame penalty

Come on

our team needs to get on the juggs machines

They could have had 5 interceptions today.

Gotta catch that Artie

Look at the clock and scoreboard. I suspect that it is by design and might not be the case if the game situation was different.
    It's been pretty much all day. (Last 5 games?) The browns suck and haven't capitalized but the receivers have been open all game.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Signed, sealed and delivered!!!

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Jarvis just doesn't have the strength or the moves to be a pass rusher.... Maybe he has a future as an insider LB but he's useless as a pass rusher.

It's been pretty much all day. (Last 5 games?) The browns suck and haven't capitalized but the receivers have been open all game.

They held them to 50 yards of offense in the first half. Stop making things up to fit the negative points you're trying to make about the team.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Don't move the goalposts. The Defense played really well today.

The big knock on Tomlin was beating bad teams on the road. Well he did. He beat a winless Browns Team in Cleveland.