In the thread concerning rules on using the helmet, I provided evidence from a peer reviewed article that
Overall, the number of years of exposure, not the number of concussions, was significantly associated with worse tau pathology in CTE. This suggests that it is the chronic and repetitive nature of head trauma, irrespective of concussive symptoms, that is the most important driver of disease
So, with this piece of information in mind and the fact the league is determined to change the rules "to make the game safe" (read, protect the shield), I wonder, what rules would you make to stop CTE. Please, in this thread, the answer of "none" is not acceptable as the thread is based on the premise that rules will change.

I'll just put the two biggest ones out there I think are most important:

1. Remove helmets and shoulder pads. As others have said, they've been weaponized. Wanna take headshots out of the game? Take away the helmet. It only takes one collision to realize you can't use your head. No penalty called. No ref's judgment. Just remove the helmet.
  2. Remove the five-yard chuck rule. Let WRs and CBs fight it out all the way down the field. In short, slow down the game.