Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant in HERE

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

Rant in HERE

Okay here goes mine...

1. I have NEVER seen the team run that poorly. And this was against what is considered a small Colts defense. And absolutely 0 creativity in the run-game. It seemed like 20 times it was Mendy up the middle for no gain or max 1 yard. The O-Line deserves blame for poor blocking and Mendy was incredibly indecisive. Not sure why Redman wasn't utilized more either - it seems like he consistently makes something happen yet doesn't seem to be rewarded as much as he deserves.

2. What on earth has happened to our run defense? The same group, minus Aaron Smith, essentially set nfl history last season with avg rushing yards allowed per game. And the colts o-line isn't considered strong by any means in run-blocking.

3. Whyyy does Arians keep calling those bubble screens 6+ times every game. They go for 2 yards on avg almost every time.

4. Incredibly infuriating lack of awareness by our boys on the freeney sack/fumble and the interception. They just STARED at the ball as it rolled on the ground and freeney picked it up for the TD. Then Sanders saw the pass picked off right in front of him and failed to lay a finger on the defender so at least the ball would have been at mid-field instead of our 20 yard line.

5. Where's the pressure? Where's Harrison and Woodley? I know Harrison forced the fumble that Troy took in for the TD.. but I'm talking about over the course of the game. These are supposed to be two of the top five outside linebackers in the league.

I'm mentally exhausted. Add on yours..

Senior Member Array title="steelerdiva will become famous soon enough"> steelerdiva's Avatar

Re: Rant in HERE

There seems to be a lot of ranting going on in the other threads, but thanks anyway.
    Hometown Gal.....R.I.P My Black and Gold Sister...See ya in the morning.

The broad formerly known as memphissteelergirl

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

No my thread's the best :P

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

As far as you #1...after a while I'm like run to the OUTSIDE...pull Kemo and run...etc...instead of just running into bodies in the middle...do something else.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

What the hell was Sanders thinking when he deliberately jumped over a live ball carrier after Ben's interception? About 35 yards of field position difference there.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steelerdiva will become famous soon enough"> steelerdiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    No my thread's the best :P
    Touche'
    Hometown Gal.....R.I.P My Black and Gold Sister...See ya in the morning.

The broad formerly known as memphissteelergirl

Senior Member Array title="siss is a jewel in the rough"> siss's Avatar

When are the Steelers going to protect that 102 million dollar investment?

J. Scott is walking home from Indy!

WHO TOOK THE DEFENSE?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    What the hell was Sanders thinking when he deliberately jumped over a live ball carrier after Ben's interception? About 35 yards of field position difference there.
    He realized that it was his fault that interception happened. Seems he hasn't totally grasped the offense yet.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Whose bright idea was it to think Jonathan Scott is a legit starting LT?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Whose bright idea was it to think Jonathan Scott is a legit starting LT?
    Sean Kugler, our o-line caoch who brought him over from Buffalo
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="shutdown will become famous soon enough"> shutdown's Avatar

I had to explain this to several Steeler fans who asked why this fucker was starting. That is the ONLY explanation I could give them.

We need Flozell back. No way can he be worse than Scott.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If I was Dan Rooney I would cut both Jonathan Scott and William Gay tomorrow and bring in Flozell Adams and Donovan Warren. Recievers were open all night. Had Peyton played he would have thrown for atleast 350 yards and 3 TDs and the Colts would have blown out the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Pittsburgh43 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Pittsburgh43's Avatar

I wish they'd send him the fuck back to Buffalo. Scott, I mean.

He might be the worst starting tackle of all time. He's down-right terrible.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

A lot to bitch about tonight, but #94 on the colts.....if he danced after another play where he wasn't even involved I would have screamed, what a asshat.
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Okay here goes mine...

2. What on earth has happened to our run defense? The same group, minus Aaron Smith, essentially set nfl history last season with avg rushing yards allowed per game. And the colts o-line isn't considered strong by any means in run-blocking.

5. Where's the pressure? Where's Harrison and Woodley? I know Harrison forced the fumble that Troy took in for the TD.. but I'm talking about over the course of the game. These are supposed to be two of the top five outside linebackers in the league.

Run Defense has got to be the biggest concern, when teams get to running on us regularly it will be very bad. Although Willie gay in the box might be our best defensive set.

OLBers have got to start showing up. I know the bad line play has caused them to look worse then they are, but when Troy missed the hand off on Adais TD, he took the QB because Harrison was supposed to get off his block and have the RB, what a freaking wasted effort. If Troy had not taken over this game in the 4th, this board would be burning right now, we got lucky
    Merry Christmas

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

I was there and the oline was opening up some holes for mendy to run BUT he wasnt putting his shoulder down and running he ran to high & was dancing a lot tonight. to be honest a nght when BA could have gone pass happy and we would have been out in the lead with out a problem, so was a bit confused on why they where not just throwing HELL all the dolts fans where saying around us keep running it dont throw. BUT i will take the W

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Austin87 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Austin87's Avatar

I knew our O-line was gonna struggle with pass protection against the Colts D-line, but suddenly they can't run block to save their lives. What's up with that? The whole offensive line looked bad out their, even Pouncey had a bad day.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Ill take the AFC win but it could be a lonnnnnnnnng year

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Can someone tell what is up with all the screen plays? We have alot of speed at wr and we are throwing 1 yrd passes for no gain. I thought the oline was bad again , the only positive was that scott got hurt. Its true woodley and harrison have not been doing anyting especially woodley I dont think i have heard his name called once during 3 games. The colts could not move the ball on offense the entire game and then painter comes in and right downthe field for 6? The most troubling thing I have seen is our lack of intensity, where is the fire, where is our attitude. So many fans clamoured for our players to be choir boys and thats exactly what we are playing like. Give me a troubled Ben with something to prove, give me a pissed off harrison and woodley, these guys might not have been role models but when they took the field they were hungry.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

To think that this piece of crap O-line is going to go up against Mario Williams and the defense will have to play Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson next week.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Another SUCK WIN !!

Before all the Moose bashing starts let me say that I'm really happy for the WIN !! 2-1 is a good place to be sitting. Tied for 1st is a good place to be sitting. But, as I said last week, the win over Seattle didn't impress me. We should have beat them easily by 28+ points, I feel like we we were lucky for that win. Now to the Indy game- I just didn't feel like we were in that game at all. I knew our offense would 'sputter' , but my GOD !! Talk about a LUCKY WIN !! We survived and stole that game. I almost feel that the other teams have OUR PLAY BOOK !! Maybe it's time to change the plays. Indy had defensive players jumping in motion as the ball was being snapped.....before our players even moved....like Indy knew the count, which I believe they did. At the end of the game, Painter came in for Indy and was damn good against our line........and he only touched the ball a few times this year !! What the hell does that say ? Our running game is 'nada', but we just keep trying it and trying it.....and trying it. Oh yea, maybe the 12th time he runs he'll pick up 5 yrds.!!! Are you fu*kin kidding me ? If Mendy isn't picking it up, bring in Redman, or SOMEBODY else.....anybody else. I'm really afraid of the outcome of next weeks game at Houston. If this team plays as they did against Indy, this could really be ugly, Baltimore ugly !! Ben and our offense gave away 13 points in the Indy game. Ben and the offense gave away how many points in the Baltimore game ? This has to stop, which I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know. Just stating the facts. I saw Ben laughing and smiling on the sideline during the Indy game. Although it was toward the end of the game, the game was still far from over. I was pissed. He's smiling ?!! That game wasn't decided until the final seconds. Their 3rd QB was sticking it to us and Ben is smiling ? We just barely escaped Indy with a win that we were picked to win by at least 12 points....and Ben is smiling ?! Ben and the offense gave away 13 points...and Ben is smiling ? We are lucky to be 2-1 after 3 pathetic performances.....and Ben is smiling ? I guess the sideline must be a good, safe place....because sitting and watching this team play so far this year damn sure isn't....I know, cuz I'm NOT SMILING !!

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Another SUCK WIN !!

Well written rant. 9 out of 10 from me.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

If the running game doesn't start soon, we're done. Can't count on the offense with Ben throwing inter.and fumbling trying to make something happen. UGH !! The first 3 weeks were sickening. To be honest....I'm thinking the Browns and bungholes may give us all we can handle.

Senior Member Array title="shutdown will become famous soon enough"> shutdown's Avatar

That was hard to finish.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

I say M. Moore was the best RB last night for the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

God help us if Troy goes down...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

1. Not sure why Redman wasn't utilized more either - it seems like he consistently makes something happen yet doesn't seem to be rewarded as much as he deserves.

3. Whyyy does Arians keep calling those bubble screens 6+ times every game. They go for 2 yards on avg almost every time.

4. Incredibly infuriating lack of awareness by our boys on the freeney sack/fumble and the interception. They just STARED at the ball as it rolled on the ground and freeney picked it up for the TD. Then Sanders saw the pass picked off right in front of him and failed to lay a finger on the defender so at least the ball would have been at mid-field instead of our 20 yard line.

1) Really? Redman with 3 carries for 6 yards was hardly any better. Hell, last time i checked Mendenhall had the only good run for us on a beautifully read play.

2) We couldnt shut it down early, that's for sure. And Aaron Smith is a huge liability right now. But im going to give him another chance.

3) Easy, to try and substitute for the run game. Plus i think we all figured that 81 yard TD by Wallace would've had the Colts with their ears pinned back at least a little bit, but looks like they knew how vulnerable the O-line was. You'd rather see them keep running into that brick wall? 28 attempts for hardly jack wasnt enough for you?

4) Lol, there's no denying the stupidity involved in those plays. Agreed!

5) ^Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ben was smiling?

Gasp!!!

Get a grip, people.

It wasn't pretty, but it is W in the win column. Hold onto your underguchies 'coz next Sunday is going to get ugly.

Guess what....our team may not always come out on top. We might not even have a winning season every so often and yep...there's going to be some rough patches as we transition into a younger team. Deal with it.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

YEAH...no smiling allowed!