Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant in HERE

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Another SUCK WIN !!

Ben: "I take this seriously, THIS IS MY JOB!!!"

Derek Anderson style!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Ben: "I take this seriously, THIS IS MY JOB!!!"

Derek Anderson style!
    If you're seriously trying to draw a parallel between Ben and Derek Anderson, then I have to say this might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on a football forum ever!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    If you're seriously trying to draw a parallel between Ben and Derek Anderson, then I have to say this might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on a football forum ever!
    Its a joke. Anderson was smiling on the sideline last year and then had a rant afterward.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Re: Rant in HERE

Nothing really for me to rant about. We won on the road (by the skin of our asses nonetheless) but we are only 3 games into the season and sitting at 2-1. Am I pissed off at Scott's shoddy play last night? Sure I am, but there's still a lot of football to be played and know the coaches will be working OT to get that OL in some assemblance of order. I BELIEVE!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I'm with you HTG ! I'm praying and believing too. I do have faith in our FO and coaches and think they'll figure something out sooner or later. I'm just hoping not too late though. We just have too much talent to just be barely winning on teams we should be thumping. And 'no' "7willBHeaven", I don't want to see player's on the sideline joking around when they are just getting by and not playing to potential. They aren't high school kids anymore. I would think they would be pissed at themselves, and wanting to do better. Working harder at practice and games. I'm not saying they aren't working hard at practice, I'm sure Tomlin and the other coaches are making sure of that. But don't let the fan's ( on national TV especially) see you in good humor when playing under par and just 'getting by'. You may be satisfied with it, I'm not. Just my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

80% of our problems are because of the poor O line play.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I'm with you HTG ! I'm praying and believing too. I do have faith in our FO and coaches and think they'll figure something out sooner or later. I'm just hoping not too late though. We just have too much talent to just be barely winning on teams we should be thumping. And 'no' "7willBHeaven", I don't want to see player's on the sideline joking around when they are just getting by and not playing to potential. They aren't high school kids anymore. I would think they would be pissed at themselves, and wanting to do better. Working harder at practice and games. I'm not saying they aren't working hard at practice, I'm sure Tomlin and the other coaches are making sure of that. But don't let the fan's ( on national TV especially) see you in good humor when playing under par and just 'getting by'. You may be satisfied with it, I'm not. Just my opinion.
    I think its just stupid complaining about a player smiling/etc on the sideline...it has nothing to do with the game or anything. Plus who knows what was going on before that...someone maybe told a joke or whatever who knows...though you'd probably have a problem with that too so who knows. Someone smiling or not on the sideline has nothing to do with the game and how a game goes. If he was out on the field laughin and running around acting a fool and not playing football...ok...but someone smiling or not on the sideline doesnt mean crap. Jeeez.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

If we were at Game 7 or 8, I'd be a lot more concerned than I am going into Game #4. I also believe a "gloom and doom" attitude on the sidelines can do more harm than good and become infectious. The bottom line is that they won - on the road - definitely not playing their best. There is a ton of time for improvement - that alone is on their side.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Sorry man, but I think you're overreacting to the laughing on the sideline. Just because they are doesn't mean they don't take their jobs seriously or are happy with the way they've played. Do you think for one second that Mike Tomlin would put up with that? These guys know what's at stake and they are fully aware of the problems they've been having. And as for barely beating teams they should be thumping and getting on Ben for his turnovers...it's a little tough for him to play to his potential when he has a bunch of turnstiles for offensive linemen. That is the organization's fault, not Ben's, because they are the ones who refuse to upgrade the OL and then ask Ben and the offense to try to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. It's a miracle the man was able to throw for 364 yards last night despite running for his life most of the game. He would commit far fewer turnovers if he didn't have to worry about someone being in his face as soon as the ball is snapped on every play or had something resembling a running game. Look at all of the "elite" QBs...all of them play behind far superior OL that allows them to play to their potential. Give Ben the same, and he puts up the same numbers.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Sorry man, but I think you're overreacting to the laughing on the sideline. Just because they are doesn't mean they don't take their jobs seriously or are happy with the way they've played. Do you think for one second that Mike Tomlin would put up with that? These guys know what's at stake and they are fully aware of the problems they've been having. And as for barely beating teams they should be thumping and getting on Ben for his turnovers...it's a little tough for him to play to his potential when he has a bunch of turnstiles for offensive linemen. That is the organization's fault, not Ben's, because they are the ones who refuse to upgrade the OL and then ask Ben and the offense to try to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. It's a miracle the man was able to throw for 364 yards last night despite running for his life most of the game. He would commit far fewer turnovers if he didn't have to worry about someone being in his face as soon as the ball is snapped on every play or had something resembling a running game. Look at all of the "elite" QBs...all of them play behind far superior OL that allows them to play to their potential. Give Ben the same, and he puts up the same numbers.
    Very well said.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I might be in the minority but I don't think the coaches did that bad a job last night. You can blame them for the composition of the roster, but that's not a problem specific to last night.

We had issues with execution. The coaches didn't turn the ball over three times and give Indy 13 points when we should have been putting the game away.

And they made a couple of good adjustments in the fourth quarter. First one was when Addai started running it down our throats. We just sent Troy on a run blitz a couple of times, thereby forcing Jamarcus Painter to throw. Second good adjustment was putting MeMo in with the game on the line. Much smarter back, good receiver out of the backfield, and fresh legs.

My bad, guess you all are right on the sideline crap. Guess I'm just 'venting' because of the way they are playing. Usually I get on the MC and ride awhile, but the weather hasn't been co-operating here in the Hoosier state. I'm just not used to the Black/Yellow not hammering on teams we should be, and just 'escaping' with the win. HTG, X-Terminator and 7willBHeaven---good posts and thanks for letting me vent some. Hopefully in a few weeks when our team has it all together and we are beating teams handedly we can look back at these threads and remember how terrible it was the first few weeks.. GO STEELER's.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Sorry man, but I think you're overreacting to the laughing on the sideline. Just because they are doesn't mean they don't take their jobs seriously or are happy with the way they've played. Do you think for one second that Mike Tomlin would put up with that? These guys know what's at stake and they are fully aware of the problems they've been having.
    You're right, but it's still irritating to see a player laugh after he makes a big mistake. One guy (can't remember who) said a few years ago that if he goes to a restaurant and gets a lousy meal, he doesn't yell "BOOOOOOOOOO!!! YOU SUCK!!!!" at the wait staff and the cook. I think that analogy comes into play here as well--how would you feel if they screwed up your order and you saw them laughing after they found out? Or if you hired a contractor who did a lousy job on your house and laughed? I think the fans feel the same way. We want the players to hate losing as much as we do and when they laugh it LOOKS like they don't care enough.

Saints fans hated Aaron Brooks because he'd make a bonehead play on the field, turn the ball over, and stand on the sidelines laughing.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I might be in the minority but I don't think the coaches did that bad a job last night. You can blame them for the composition of the roster, but that's not a problem specific to last night.

We had issues with execution. The coaches didn't turn the ball over three times and give Indy 13 points when we should have been putting the game away.

And they made a couple of good adjustments in the fourth quarter. First one was when Addai started running it down our throats. We just sent Troy on a run blitz a couple of times, thereby forcing Jamarcus Painter to throw. Second good adjustment was putting MeMo in with the game on the line. Much smarter back, good receiver out of the backfield, and fresh legs.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Thanks Godfather....that was kinda my thoughts too, guess I just didn't explain as well as you did.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

My bad, guess you all are right on the sideline crap. Guess I'm just 'venting' because of the way they are playing. Usually I get on the MC and ride awhile, but the weather hasn't been co-operating here in the Hoosier state. I'm just not used to the Black/Yellow not hammering on teams we should be, and just 'escaping' with the win. HTG, X-Terminator and 7willBHeaven---good posts and thanks for letting me vent some. Hopefully in a few weeks when our team has it all together and we are beating teams handedly we can look back at these threads and remember how terrible it was the first few weeks.. GO STEELER's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    You're right, but it's still irritating to see a player laugh after he makes a big mistake. One guy (can't remember who) said a few years ago that if he goes to a restaurant and gets a lousy meal, he doesn't yell "BOOOOOOOOOO!!! YOU SUCK!!!!" at the wait staff and the cook. I think that analogy comes into play here as well--how would you feel if they screwed up your order and you saw them laughing after they found out? Or if you hired a contractor who did a lousy job on your house and laughed? I think the fans feel the same way. We want the players to hate losing as much as we do and when they laugh it LOOKS like they don't care enough.

Saints fans hated Aaron Brooks because he'd make a bonehead play on the field, turn the ball over, and stand on the sidelines laughing.
    Don't have a problem with you or anyone else venting - that's why this thread was created. Believe me, I am every bit as concerned as you two are and used a few choice words of my own last night when I was watching Dwight Freeney make Jon Scott call him Daddy and Mendenhall tiptoeing around because the OL couldn't open up a hole if they were on the field by themselves. But I would never doubt that those guys care. If they didn't, they wouldn't be Steelers.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

^This^