Thread: On The Steelers: Keeping Big Ben upright is critical

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

On The Steelers: Keeping Big Ben upright is critical

This time, Ben Roethlisberger walked off the field and missed only two plays after he was hit low and late by Seattle defensive end Raheem Brock.

What if he does not get up the next time? If that happens -- and the odds seem to rise with every change in their offensive line -- the Steelers could look a lot like the team they play Sunday, the Indianapolis Colts.

The Colts went from Super Bowl contenders to losing at home to the Cleveland Browns without Peyton Manning. With Manning in the lineup, the Colts would be favored against the Steelers and not double-digit underdogs.

The Steelers would like to think they have more going for them without Roethlisberger than the Colts without Manning, such as a defense, and they did show some of that last season when they began 3-1 without their starting quarterback. However, what if that were Charlie Batch, 36, taking the pounding instead of the bigger, stronger and younger Roethlisberger?..............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11263/1176040-66.stm

Senior Member Array title="siss is a jewel in the rough"> siss's Avatar

Re: On The Steelers: Keeping Big Ben upright is critical

Excuse my French, but NO SHIT!!!!

You mean keepin the 100 million dollar QB upright might help the Steelers win the game?

Golly what will they come up with next?

I know, stopping the other team from scoring will help us win as well!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by siss View Post

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by siss View Post

You mean keepin the 100 million dollar QB upright might help the Steelers win the game?

Golly what will they come up with next?

I know, stopping the other team from scoring will help us win as well!
    If we score more points then the other team we will win 99% of the time...

"Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah it's always like the keys to the game score more points than the other team.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This time, Ben Roethlisberger walked off the field and missed only two plays after he was hit low and late by Seattle defensive end Raheem Brock.

What if he does not get up the next time? If that happens -- and the odds seem to rise with every change in their offensive line -- the Steelers could look a lot like the team they play Sunday, the Indianapolis Colts.
    I am more worried about Ben then I ever have been...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

What......40% of the Steelers starting O line were undrafted free agents and there is concern about pass protection and running game?? Same old story for the last 5 seasons.

IN OTHER NEWS.......THERE IS UNREST IN THE MIDDLE EAST. and in weather...periods of daily sunlight, followed by 100% chance of darkness in the evening.

Stay classy Squirrel Hill.