Thread: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim not happy about move to ACC

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim not happy about move to ACC

You can count Jim Boeheim among the group opposed to conference expansion, and the Syracuse coach isn't shy about his feelings with his school poised to leave the Big East for the ACC.

Read more: http://content.usatoday.com/communit...big-east-acc/1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm upset over the last 2 paragraphs. I'm sure the ACC tournament is going to be in MSG (Cameron North) like every 4 years, but he sounds like he wants it to be there every year.... Not going to happen. He thinks he is just gonna come into a conference that has been around since 1953 and tell us how to do things? LOL... Typical New Yorker that comes down South. Think they know everything. He insulted the home base and founding place of his new league? What a dumbass. Get in the back of the line and shut your mouth rookie. I always respected him and Syracuse, but not really anymore.

I think the ACC tournament should have a location rotation like this:

Greensboro
    Atlanta
    Greensboro
    New York
    Greensboro
    Atlanta
    Greensboro
    New York
    etc....

Maybe throw in Charlotte. Florida was a disaster last time it was there...

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Re: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim not happy about move to ACC

I don't Pitt to move either. I love how competitive the Big East is. It isn't like the new ACC won't be competitive but it'll just be weird not following Big East basketball anymore.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I don't Pitt to move either. I love how competitive the Big East is. It isn't like the new ACC won't be competitive but it'll just be weird not following Big East basketball anymore.
    It's a football world. basketball doesn't make the $$$

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

You should be glad Pitt jumped off that sinking ship.... Besides you are now in the best basketball conference of all time!

My dream scenario is to add Notre Dame and UConn/Texas. That would be epic. However that would be weird for both of the teams I cheer for in football to be in the same conference....

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    You should be glad Pitt jumped off that sinking ship.... Besides you are now in the best basketball conference of all time!

My dream scenario is to add Notre Dame and UConn/Texas. That would be epic. However that would be weird for both of the teams I cheer for in football to be in the same conference....
    Recently anyway the ACC has just been top heavy. I sincerely think the Big East was an all-around better conferance and it was super competitive. Plus the Big East tourney was always a blast to watch!

Still have nightmares about Kemba Walker crossing over mchgee and hitting a fade away though....

Recently anyway the ACC has just been top heavy. I sincerely think the Big East was an all-around better conferance and it was super competitive. Plus the Big East tourney was always a blast to watch!

Still have nightmares about Kemba Walker crossing over mchgee and hitting a fade away though....
    Dont even get me started about the UConn Convicts... I dont like using the term "hate" in sports, but it is really close with the Pats* and even closer with those UConn assholes. Watching them win the National Title last year was disgusting. Seeing that cheating asshole lift that trophy made me want to vomit. He does not deserve it. Cheating mother fucker...

I am still pissed that we lost to Arizona in the Sweet 16 last year. I was looking forward to beating the shit out of UConn and getting a small measure of revenge from 1999 and 2004...

UConn can stay in the Big East and die for all I care... Because of Calhoun, they would deserve it. But looks like that slimy POS is going to have the title "ACC Coach" soon enough.... I CANNOT IMAGINE what Cameron will be like the first time those punks come...

If there are any UConn fans on here, its not personal LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway!!

I will concede, last year the BE was better than the ACC... I do think that Duke and UNC were better than the top teams from the BE, but that the middle teams in the BE were far superior to the middle ACC teams. But the ACC has historically been better and will be better in the future. Obviously because the BE is about to no longer exist really.

I enjoy watching the BE tournament too! I really hope that the ACC tournament can go to MSG every 4 or 5 years. Jimmy up at Syracuse wants it there every year... That wont be happening... I live in the HEART of ACC country, Greensboro NC, and I can assure you the tournament will still be here at least 50% of the time. People will go to war otherwise. I would like to see some northern locations added, probably MSG in NYC, but maybe Washington DC also?

What do you think?

I agree that the tournament can't be at MSG every year so a nice rotation between, MSG, DC( as you mentioned) and Greensboro should be nice. Not too sure about anything very far south though.

We will see how these teams match-up together because it has always been interesting to think about how each would do in the others conferance. Pitt and Syracuse playing against ACC schools will be fun to watch. A reason I think ACC always does better in the NCAA tourney is because the BE beat up on each other all year long and are dead for the tourney...just a thought I've had.

I'll learn to like the ACC and it should be just as competitive as the big east is now. It kinda sucks that this move won't happen for like 2 years, making almost every team completely different then the way they look now. I would be interested to see how this years Pittsburgh team would match-up against the likes of Duke and UNC. But anyway as far as recruiting goes I don't think Pitt or Cuse will lose anything by changing to the ACC. They both still have their areas and I'm sure players would love to be in the ACC because of its history. It'll be interesting to see how everything goes, but its a ways away

All I know is Pitt>Duke!

Atlanta usually has a good turn out when it is there, probably because it is not too far a drive from NC. I remember it being in Florida one year and no one was there.... Dont think it will ever be there again. DC would be good IMO. NYC would likely be a sell out every time.

I bet you guys can start ACC play next season. Either because the rest of the BE is poached away and the BE ceases to exist, or because the other schools vote to let you do so. Just my opinion. We will see.

Pitt and Syracuse (and whichever other northeastern teams come along) recruiting will probably improve because of the move. Once the BE basketball only schools are no longer in a major conference, the kids will not want to go there as much. They will want to go to a school in a major conference. And if those kids also want to go to a place in the north east? Well those guys will go to Pitt and Syracuse. Thats my take.

Its not possible to know something that is not factual.

I saw something about having to pay a $5 million exiting fee and they had to give the BE a 27 month notice, but that it was possible they could be allowed to leave sooner depending on certain circumstances. So it could be anywhere from a year from now up to almost 3 (since after 27 months a season would already be started if they weren't granted permission to leave sooner)

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Notre Dame is to blame

To clarify, you’re talking about Notre Dame’s Father Jenkins being on the committee.

“Yeah. I don’t know why that is. Why would he have a say on the football contract when they don’t participate in it? If they really wanted to keep the Big East together they would have come in in football, then we wouldn’t be talking about this.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebaske...racuses_d.html
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

UGH having to wait for Duke to play at Pitt and Syracuse is gonna kill me! I want it now damn it!

Also, to a lesser extent bc I'm no where near as big into college football, can't wait to see Duke play at Heinz Field. Of course if Pitt is in the other division that could be a while...