Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a headline I never thought I'd see - MarineCorpsTimes: We're Gay, Get Over It

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Here's a headline I never thought I'd see - MarineCorpsTimes: We're Gay, Get Over It

On Sept. 20, the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy banning gays from serving openly will be stripped from the military’s rulebook.

For straight Marines, this will bring changes, too. “That’s gay” — a pervasive phrase used throughout the Corps to express dislike for almost anything — will no longer be tolerated. Equal treatment will be a must.

And yes, some gay Marines will bring dates to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball in November.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/battl...y-get-over-it/

(click on the link and read the comments)
    --------------------------------

The communists have won

“That’s gay” — a pervasive phrase used throughout the Corps to express dislike for almost anything — will no longer be tolerated

yeah - try and enforce that

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Re: Here's a headline I never thought I'd see - MarineCorpsTimes: We're Gay, Get Over

Your post is gay. Like Aquaman.
    Fire Goodell

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Re: Here's a headline I never thought I'd see - MarineCorpsTimes: We're Gay, Get Over

In 2010, following defeat of repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' by the United States Senate, the Colonel Mark Abraham, head of diversity for the British Army, told People Management magazine the lifting of the ban on gays serving in the military in 2000 had "no notable change at all... We got to the point where the policy was incompatible with military service and there was a lack of logic and evidence to support it... We knew a lot of gay and lesbian people were serving quite successfully, and it was clear that sexual orientation wasn’t an indication of how good a soldier or officer you could be... The reality was that those serving in the army were the same people the day after we lifted the ban, so there was no notable change at all. Everybody carried on with their duties and had the same working relationships as they previously had while the ban was in place" Colonel Abraham argues that the lifting of the ban actually made the armed forces more productive: "A lot of gay and lesbian soldiers who were in the army before the ban was lifted, reported that a percentage of their efforts was spent looking over their shoulder and ensuring they weren’t going to be caught. That percentage of time can now be devoted to work and their home life, so actually they are more effective than they were before."[56]

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I think PC is gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Your post is gay. Like Aquaman.
    You must be thinking of the Navy.

I was Air Force

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

James Harrison still thinks Goodhell is a british cigarette

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    "A lot of gay and lesbian soldiers who were in the army before the ban was lifted, reported that a percentage of their efforts was spent looking over their shoulder and ensuring they weren’t going to be caught. That percentage of time can now be devoted to work and their home life, so actually they are more effective than they were before."
    I only know what I experienced

I've had firsthand knowledge - back when I was a supervisor in the E.R. we had 2 guys go gay at the same time when their wives dumped them. They were friends of mine too.

Everybody knew they turned into flaming whores - boyfriends hanging around in the lobby at all hours of the day and night on the 12 hr shifts they worked, but they were cut a lot of slack, because they were decent workers. I didn't have a problem with them until the surgeries for ripped up ass holes started. Being the schedule maker I had to work other people extra hours and cut holidays while they limped around saying they couldn't work.

A year later the strange lumps and boils started showing up all over their faces and we moved them out of the public's eye. Can't have people with sores all over their faces working the front desk. So they got rewarded with back office clinic jobs with weekends and holidays off....that pissed off my other workers too - "why are they getting rewarded with more time off when I've been stuck on night shift for 6 months?"

that sort of thing

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

So who cares if someone is gay and serves in the military? If they want to serve, let them serve.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post

I've had firsthand knowledge - back when I was a supervisor in the E.R. we had 2 guys go gay at the same time when their wives dumped them. They were friends of mine too.

Everybody knew they turned into flaming whores - boyfriends hanging around in the lobby at all hours of the day and night on the 12 hr shifts they worked, but they were cut a lot of slack, because they were decent workers. I didn't have a problem with them until the surgeries for ripped up ass holes started. Being the schedule maker I had to work other people extra hours and cut holidays while they limped around saying they couldn't work.

A year later the strange lumps and boils started showing up all over their faces and we moved them out of the public's eye. Can't have people with sores all over their faces working the front desk. So they got rewarded with back office clinic jobs with weekends and holidays off....that pissed off my other workers too - "why are they getting rewarded with more time off when I've been stuck on night shift for 6 months?"

that sort of thing
    Yikes.

I'm a "live and let live" kinda guy, but ya gotta hold up both ends of the bargain.

Sounds like these particular dudes did not.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

that sort of thing
    What does any of that have to do with being gay?

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    So who cares if someone is gay and serves in the military? If they want to serve, let them serve.
    A slave to one's proclivity (classic definition) cannot be of "service" to another. Witness Spike's observation .
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

that sort of thing

Did you really just say they got rewarded? That's the perspective you have on their condition? Telling...

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Did you really just say they got rewarded?
    Yeah, that's how I read it too. He was there.

That's the perspective you have on their condition? Telling...
    What other conclusion might one have arrived at? It goes with the "territory".
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Yeah, that's how I read it too. He was there.

What other conclusion might one have arrived at? It goes with the "territory".
    Perhaps you will get a deadly disease and i will resent you for all those perqs that come with it.

Air Force Lt. Col. Sean Hackbarth expects Tuesday to be mostly a normal day. He plans to report for work at the Federal Aviation Administration, where he’s a military liaison, and commute home to Northern Virginia when the day is done.

Except that if someone asks or he decides to tell, Hackbarth can finally talk freely about his significant other. They’ve been together for nine years — and his name is Mike.

Hackbarth’s 22-year military career almost ended in 1996 when an angry former boyfriend threatened to out him to commanders.

Scared, Hackbarth alerted an officer in hopes of avoiding a discharge.

“All I said was that my roommate was threatening me, but I think he understood the situation without me having to be explicit,” Hackbarth said. “The commander said: ‘You’re part of a team. Don’t worry about it.’ ”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z2

Perhaps you will get a deadly disease and i will resent you for all those perqs that come with it.
    You invite deadly disease on those with whom you disagree? Telling.

I didn't have a problem with them until the surgeries for ripped up ass holes started. Being the schedule maker I had to work other people extra hours and cut holidays while they limped around saying they couldn't work.

A year later the strange lumps and boils started showing up all over their faces and we moved them out of the public's eye... that sort of thing
    I have observed this as well - employee ass rebuilds and all manner of dreadful oozing. The inclination is to pity and help. But the reality of the behavior gets in the way.

Abraham Lincoln

You invite deadly disease on those with whom you disagree? Telling.

I know, that's a terrible thing. Just as bad as only seeing how someone else's fatal condition is such a personal imposition. They aren't people facing the trials of their lives, they are freeloaders getting something for nothing.

I know, that's a terrible thing. Just as bad as only seeing how someone else's fatal condition is such a personal imposition.
    No personal imposition was stated or implied, in fact, quite the opposite. Even if it were, how do you make that moral equivalence?

They aren't people facing the trials of their lives, they are freeloaders getting something for nothing.
    Your words, not mine.

Regardless, how is it that they find themselves facing the "trials of their lives"?

Abraham Lincoln

No personal imposition was stated or implied, in fact, quite the opposite. Even if it were, how do you make that moral equivalence?

Your words, not mine.

Regardless, how is it that they find themselves facing the "trials of their lives"?

You've established a total lack of compassion. Lets move on to how you extrapolate that story of Spike's to the gay people serving with honor in the armed forces.

You've established a total lack of compassion.
    Quite the opposite.

The inclination is to pity and help.
    Lets move on to how you extrapolate that story of Spike's to the gay people serving with honor in the armed forces.
    There is no "extrapolation" to be made. I recounted my own observation in agreement with Spike's.

Again I ask how these that "are to be pitied" find themselves in that position.

Abraham Lincoln

A slave to one's proclivity (classic definition) cannot be of "service" to another. Witness Spike's observation .
    Extrapolation

Extrapolation
    Response to a comment...

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Again, how is it that the afflicted find themselves afflicted?

Abraham Lincoln

Response to a comment...

You proved my point. Why do you care if the gays in the military get to be honest?

You proved my point.
    How do you figure?

Why do you care if the gays in the military get to be honest?
    I don't. Why would you care if I did?

Abraham Lincoln

How do you figure?

I don't. Why would you care if I did?
    Then why are you in this thread? this isn't a thread about 2 people spike told a story about.

Then why are you in this thread? this isn't a thread about 2 people spike told a story about.
    It's Spike's thread. It's about whatever he wants it to be about.

Abraham Lincoln

I'm not privy to the medical records.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Their afflictions have nothing to do with them being gay. Heterosexuals can have the same afflictions.