Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a headline I never thought I'd see - MarineCorpsTimes: We're Gay, Get Over It

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Re: Here's a headline I never thought I'd see - MarineCorpsTimes: We're Gay, Get Over

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Their afflictions have nothing to do with them being gay. Heterosexuals can have the same afflictions.
    Au contraire. The above referenced afflictions descend directly from their behavior. It is all about them being "gay". Perhaps if heterosexuals were to engage in the same behavior, they might be similarly afflicted, but who has ever heard of a heterosexual needing to have their ass rebuilt?
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Re: Here's a headline I never thought I'd see - MarineCorpsTimes: We're Gay, Get Over

So DADT - great that it's gone. Everyone agrees.

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    So DADT - great that it's gone.
    "It isn't gay when you're under way, it's only queer when you're at the pier", so to speak?

Everyone agrees.
    "Everyone"? Link?
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    "It isn't gay when you're under way, it's only queer when you're at the pier", so to speak?

"Everyone"? Link?
    http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...761#post206761

Objection. The counselor obfuscates.

"Everyone"?

And we still haven't addressed how the afflicted become afflicted.

Abraham Lincoln

World Champion Array title="Just George is on a distinguished road"> Just George's Avatar

ok been watching this for a bit and I just got to ask, what affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by Just George View Post
    ok been watching this for a bit and I just got to ask, what affliction?
    http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post205057

Bumps. Oozing sores. Ass overhauls. That sort of thing.

The question being avoided is how they got that way. Door knobs?

Abraham Lincoln

Why does it matter? Are you trying to suggest they deserve their fate and your disdain? If you have a different point just make it.

Why does it matter?
    As Spike noted, and I have also observed, the afflictions require accommodation. Accommodations wouldn't be objectionable if the affliction didn't result directly from their behavior. If a drunk affected his colleagues and their job performance, he'd be dismissed. There wouldn't be accommodation of the results of the drunk's behavior.

Are you trying to suggest they deserve their fate and your disdain?
    Objection. Counselor is trying to lead the witness.

If you have a different point just make it.
    Why do you presume that this is your forum?

Abraham Lincoln

World Champion Array title="Just George is on a distinguished road"> Just George's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I only know what I experienced

I've had firsthand knowledge - back when I was a supervisor in the E.R. we had 2 guys go gay at the same time when their wives dumped them. They were friends of mine too.

Everybody knew they turned into flaming whores - boyfriends hanging around in the lobby at all hours of the day and night on the 12 hr shifts they worked, but they were cut a lot of slack, because they were decent workers. I didn't have a problem with them until the surgeries for ripped up ass holes started. Being the schedule maker I had to work other people extra hours and cut holidays while they limped around saying they couldn't work.

A year later the strange lumps and boils started showing up all over their faces and we moved them out of the public's eye. Can't have people with sores all over their faces working the front desk. So they got rewarded with back office clinic jobs with weekends and holidays off....that pissed off my other workers too - "why are they getting rewarded with more time off when I've been stuck on night shift for 6 months?"

that sort of thing

I take it you mean this?

and he never said oozing in that post.

I also guess you are implying that they have AIDS, though I will say other things can cause those symptoms, pustule psyoriasis, infected lymph glands, acne, meth addiction etc.

as far as rectal prolapse (needing surgical repair)

What causes rectal prolapse?

Many conditions increase the chance of developing rectal prolapse. Risk factors for children include:
    • Cystic fibrosis. A child who has rectal prolapse with no obvious cause may need to be tested for cystic fibrosis.
    • Having had surgery on the anus as an infant.
    • Malnutrition.
    • Deformities or physical development problems.
    • Straining during bowel movements.
    • Infections.
    Risk factors for adults include:
    • Straining during bowel movements because of constipation.
    • Tissue damage caused by surgery or childbirth.
    • Weakness of pelvic floor muscles that occurs naturally with age.
    http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...topic-overview

I guess what you are trying to say is that because these two guys were gay, they engaged in sexual risky behaviors that led to them both being infected with the HIV virus that causes AIDS and the observed symptoms were the result of the infection or in the case of rectal prolapse, some kind of gay sex. If I am not summarizing correctly please let me know.

as far as making accomodations for their suspected illness, well the ADA says employers have too
    U.S. Department of Justice
    Civil Rights Division
    Disability Rights Section

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
    THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
    AND PERSONS WITH HIV/AIDS

I. Introduction

1. Q: What is the ADA?

A: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) gives federal
    civil rights protections to individuals with disabilities similar
    to those provided to individuals on the basis of race, color,
    sex, national origin, age, and religion. It guarantees equal
    opportunity for individuals with disabilities in public
    accommodations, employment, transportation, State and local
    government services, and telecommunications.

2. Q: Are people with HIV or AIDS protected by the ADA?

A: Yes. An individual is considered to have a "disability"
    if he or she has a physical or mental impairment that
    substantially limits one or more major life activities, has a
    record of such an impairment, or is regarded as having such an
    impairment. Persons with HIV disease, both symptomatic and
    asymptomatic, have physical impairments that substantially limit
    one or more major life activities and are, therefore, protected
    by the law.

Persons who are discriminated against because they are regarded
    as being HIV-positive are also protected. For example, a person
    who was fired on the basis of a rumor that he had AIDS, even if
    he did not, would be protected by the law.

Moreover, the ADA protects persons who are discriminated against
    because they have a known association or relationship with an
    individual who is HIV-positive. For example, the ADA would
    protect an HIV-negative woman who was denied a job because her
    roommate had AIDS.
    http://www.ada.gov/pubs/hivqanda.txt

along with all the other covered disabilities under the ADA

As far as how to contract HIV/AIDS
    "How does someone become infected? HIV can be spread through any type of unprotected sex (oral, vaginal, or anal) if one of the partners has the virus. This can happen when body fluids such as semen (cum), vaginal fluids, or blood from an infected person get into the body of someone who is not infected. Someone can become infected even if only tiny amounts of these fluids are spread. Everyone who has unprotected sex with an infected person is at risk of contracting HIV, but people who already have another sexually transmitted disease (STD) are even more at risk.
    HIV can be spread sexually from a guy to a girl, a girl to a guy, a guy to a guy, and a girl to a girl.
    Sharing needles to inject drugs or steroids is another way that HIV can be passed to other people. Sharing of needles for tattoos, piercings, and body art can also lead to infection. Someone with HIV who shares a needle also shares the virus, which lives in the tiny amounts of blood attached to the needle. Sharing needles also can pass hepatitis and other serious infections to another person."
    http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/stds/AIDS.html

who is affected

"Incidence is the number of new HIV infections that occur during a given year. CDC estimates that approximately 50,000 people are newly infected with HIV each year in the United States. In 2009 (the most recent year that data are available), there were an estimated 48,100 new HIV infections.[1] Most (61%) of these new infections occurred in gay and bisexual men. Black/African American men and women were also strongly affected and were estimated to have an HIV incidence rate than was 7 times as high as the incidence rate among whites. Visit the HIV incidence page for more details."
    http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm

it appears as though Gay/Bisexual men are at an increased risk of infection but that is in America. In other parts of the world there is increased risk in different populations. In Africa women seem to be at risk, mens refusal to wear condoms and views on womens rights contributes to this. in Asia it is men engaged in gay sex, needle using drug users, sex workers (prostitutes, sex slave workers etc) and their partners. In eastern europe countries with high illicit drug use seem to make people seem at risk, The Carribean is like Africa in that infection rate is fueled by unprotected sex between men and women, in latin america it varies country by country but unprotected heterosexual sex, prostitution, gay sex and drug use among people who share needles.

I take it you mean this?
    Puh-leeze.

Is your point that AIDS has broken out (no pun)? That's like taking solace in avian flu having "jumped" species.

The two posts you referenced spoke of various afflictions that resulted directly from homosexual behavior - the first, being entirely germain to the thread, pointed out that said behavior can affect a military unit. I added my own observations of same from the corporate world.

There is a reason why "gays" were excluded from military service. But liberalism, in its endless "quest for liberty" prevents any further honest discussion.

Abraham Lincoln

Puh-leeze.

Is your point that AIDS has broken out (no pun)? That's like taking solace in avian flu having "jumped" species.

The two posts you referenced spoke of various afflictions that resulted directly from homosexual behavior - the first, being entirely germain to the thread, pointed out that said behavior can affect a military unit. I added my own observations of same from the corporate world.

There is a reason why "gays" were excluded from military service. But liberalism, in its endless "quest for liberty" prevents any further honest discussion.
    The end of DADT did not change any standards of military behavior. If they were able to hide being gay, they don't have a behavior problem. Now they can be honest too.

Puh-leeze.

well I could not see in any post where it was stated that the symptoms noted where directly related to these gentlemens engaging in a gay lifestyle, though it was implied. I was clarifying what was really being discussed with out resorting to vague langauge about afflictions and such. And you do not know the medical status of the two guys mentioned and if they did have Aids you don't know how they contracted it, though as I said in America homosexual sex seems to be a prevaling factor in new incidents of HIV infection. You made an assumption based on information you have, which is fair, but just pointing that out.

As far as anyone here on this thread trying to prevent further honest discussion, I hope that is not the case and I certainly welcome open dialogue. So in your opinion why were gay people excluded from military service.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

The end of DADT did not change any standards of military behavior. If they were able to hide being gay, they don't have a behavior problem. Now they can be honest too.
    Im assuming that since you said this with such certainty, that you are currently serving in the military and have first hand experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Im assuming that since you said this with such certainty, that you are currently serving in the military and have first hand experience?
    You tell me. Was there an official change in any standard of behavior or are you held to same same standards today as yesterday?

...as I said in America homosexual sex seems to be a prevailing factor in new incidents of HIV infection.
    Really?!! I'm glad that "mystery" has been cleared up.

What are the "other" factors?

Abraham Lincoln

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

You tell me. Was there an official change in any standard of behavior or are you held to same same standards today as yesterday?
    We have gone through "sensitivity" training of sorts over the past few months. Standards of behavior will be changed moreso for those who are not gay. They now have to knowingly bunk and shower with those who are attracted to the same sex. There are not co-ed tents or showers on deployments for a reason. There is an overall fear by those in the military that gay and lesbians will get special treatment out of fear of discrimination charges. So to answer your question, officially, there are no changes in standards...unofficially, there are massive amounts of changes expected

We have gone through "sensitivity" training of sorts over the past few months. Standards of behavior will be changed moreso for those who are not gay. They now have to knowingly bunk and shower with those who are attracted to the same sex. There are not co-ed tents or showers on deployments for a reason. There is an overall fear by those in the military that gay and lesbians will get special treatment out of fear of discrimination charges. So to answer your question, officially, there are no changes in standards...unofficially, there are massive amounts of changes expected
    Has that happened in the countries that have done this before? If no one makes a pass at you, why do you care that you know know they are gay. All that's changed is your knowledge. It's all in your head.

So, "unit cohesion" is breaking out all over now that the Armed Forces of The United States have been "delivered" from their "homophobia"?

How will all this "modern thinking" square with our muslim soldiers? They still hang "them", you know.

Abraham Lincoln

So, "unit cohesion" is breaking out all over now that the Armed Forces of The United States have been "delivered" from their "homophobia"?

How will all this "modern thinking" square with our muslim soldiers? They still hang "them", you know.
    How would it square with you? How does a gay man looking at you make you feel?

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Did you really just say they got rewarded? That's the perspective you have on their condition? Telling...
    I don't really have any perspective at all, that's just the facts the way it happened in the workplace, going by what I remember.

I remember them bringing their wives and kids around wrok too, before "the change"..... then boom - they turned into women haters and ended up in my wife's womens clothing store after closing hours buying sequin dresses and outfits for their beauty pageants, which they even won once, as king and queen or some shit....she thought it was a hoot, said you would never know they were guys. Pretty boys.

I don't really have any perspective at all, that's just the facts the way it happened in the workplace, going by what I remember.

I remember them bringing their wives and kids around wrok too, before "the change"..... then boom - they turned into women haters and ended up in my wife's womens clothing store after closing hours buying sequin dresses and outfits for their beauty pageants, which they even won once, as king and queen or some shit....she thought it was a hoot, said you would never know they were guys. Pretty boys.
    I was a women hater for a while when my marriage broke up. That's for another thread tho

Really?!! I'm glad that "mystery" has been cleared up.

What are the "other" factors?
    read the information, or I can give you quick run down of some: unsafe heterosexual sex vaginal, oral or anal, drug use sharing needles, sharing needles for tattoing, sharing needles for body peircing/modification. Blood transfusions with tainted blood

...they turned into women haters...
    "Gay" people hate? The hell you say!!

Abraham Lincoln

Hindes I respect your service to our Country and value your input on this discussion, but the reality is that yesterday military personel were showering with people who were gay and today they are doing the same. I wonder why does knowing who it is change the way people feel about it.

I also have to ask because some gay military personel are reported as saying communal showers are not common in today's military, but I wonder how someone else sees that.

I get that this is an issue, I also understand why some people have some strong feelings about it, but I am left with the fact that this is now the new reality in America's armed forces. I for one will not be suprised if our best and brightest find a way to continue serving our Country with honor and dignity regardless of thier personal feelings. As the son of an Navy man and with many friends who served I have learned to never underestimate what these brave men and women are capable of.

How would it square with you? How does a gay man looking at you make you feel?
    Desired.

Abraham Lincoln

Desired.
    ok question for you Vincent, do you think that all heterosexual women look at you with desire? Do you look at all women with desire?

If it is reasonable to assume that not all women are desirable to you and that not all women look at all men with desire is it also resonable to assume that a gay man could look at another man and not find him attractive?

the other point is that there may be a ton of gay men looking at you every day "desiring" you so? are they going to flip you or something, are they going to come up to you and do something. Because I can look at a woman and think she is attractive and some how control myself. Maybe the "gays" can have some self control

Desired.
    I'm straight and think you're hot. It's the leather helmet

I'm straight and think you're hot. It's the leather helmet
    Whatever melts your butter Vis.

People misinterpret that damn helmet.

Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Desired.
    Okay, look I understand that you guys are trying to have a serious discussion, but this response was incredibly funny to me. Maybe its the dry delivery, I don't know, but I found it funny as hell. Carry on.